For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(01-08-2015 07:55 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 06:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yabut negative times negative is always positive. You just need to change your arithmetic operator.

You gonna die and you ain't gonna survive your death in any way other than gradually decomposing or incineration. Deal with it pussy.
Hey buddy, can you destroy energy? Better than that, can anything in the known Universe destroy energy?
With that being said, how can you assume that our souls die when our physical trappings die? Thanks. Noting pussy about it. How is giving up everything that you love for God, and stepping completely out of ones comfort zone, pussy? It takes a lack of fear and Faith. Neither of those can be attained if one is scared, at all.

How can you assume we have a soul to begin with? Can you describe it for me? One of us is running scared of our inevitable demise Pops, and it ain't me.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-08-2015, 06:30 AM
Running towards change for better is the opposite of dumbbells g for one's life. If you think you're without soul then maybe yours has been accounted for. Mine has too. If we didn't have a soul, we wouldn't feel emotion which is the substance of meaningful life.
02-08-2015, 06:53 AM
(02-08-2015 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Running towards change for better is the opposite of dumbbells g for one's life. If you think you're without soul then maybe yours has been accounted for. Mine has too. If we didn't have a soul, we wouldn't feel emotion which is the substance of meaningful life.

More meaningless unsubstantiated bullshit. Sigh.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-08-2015, 08:30 AM
(02-08-2015 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Running towards change for better is the opposite of dumbbells g for one's life. If you think you're without soul then maybe yours has been accounted for. Mine has too. If we didn't have a soul, we wouldn't feel emotion which is the substance of meaningful life.

In light of this post, you should change your name to prolapsethebuilder because I think you blew your ass out with that one.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
02-08-2015, 05:58 PM
(02-08-2015 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If we didn't have a soul, we wouldn't feel emotion which is the substance of meaningful life.

Read what you just wrote again. No emotions without a soul? How far down the evolutionary lineage you gonna ascribe souls? 'Cause there's a shit load of animals who for all intents and purposes demonstrate emotions.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Never said animals didn't have souls.
02-08-2015, 07:42 PM
(02-08-2015 06:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said animals didn't have souls.

Which animals do and which animals don't? What about plants?

03-08-2015, 08:47 AM
(02-08-2015 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Running towards change for better is the opposite of dumbbells g for one's life.

Sorry to bother you, but could you please translate this into English? Because I don't have the faintest idea what it's supposed to mean. I sort of get "running towards change for better", but what the hell is "dumbbells g for one's life"?
03-08-2015, 12:17 PM
The opposite of running for one's life.
03-08-2015, 12:27 PM
(01-08-2015 07:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My actions, guided by a selfless good thing, that is the same good that is in all other creation, will have a positive effect.

Are you aware that there is no such thing as "selflessness?" Do you know that it is impossible to perform a selfless act?

Every last thing we do is, in fact, all selfish acts. We cannot do anything that isn't rooted in our own selfishness.

And guess what? Selfishness is not a dirty word.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.