For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2015, 07:39 AM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(05-08-2015 07:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 06:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are talking out of your ass. My beliefs on how the Universe came to be go together with common, practical, scientific theory perfectly.

Your understanding of common, practical, scientific theory certainly seems very clear. Einstein was lucky to be born before you it seems otherwise there would be nothing left to discover.
There is exponential amounts of discovery left. We will never find it unless we unify in peace as one consciousness towards the productive selfless advancement of creation, i.e. evolution. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2015, 07:45 AM
(05-08-2015 07:39 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 07:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Your understanding of common, practical, scientific theory certainly seems very clear. Einstein was lucky to be born before you it seems otherwise there would be nothing left to discover.
There is exponential amounts of discovery left. We will never find it unless we unify in peace as one consciousness towards the productive selfless advancement of creation, i.e. evolution. Thank you.

Indeed, the cosmic alliance is presently underutilised and may remain so unless we urgently address the issue of vapid forum posts, however selfless their genesis may be.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
05-08-2015, 07:56 AM
(05-08-2015 07:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 07:39 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There is exponential amounts of discovery left. We will never find it unless we unify in peace as one consciousness towards the productive selfless advancement of creation, i.e. evolution. Thank you.

Indeed, the cosmic alliance is presently underutilised and may remain so unless we urgently address the issue of vapid forum posts, however selfless their genesis may be.
Didn't say cosmic alliance you prick. Just the will of all existence to excel in the most efficient, selfless, harmless way possible. Humans are the odd ones out. This is slowing our evolution, and damning our chances of survival past this host.
05-08-2015, 08:40 AM
(05-08-2015 07:56 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 07:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  Indeed, the cosmic alliance is presently underutilised and may remain so unless we urgently address the issue of vapid forum posts, however selfless their genesis may be.
Didn't say cosmic alliance you prick. Just the will of all existence to excel in the most efficient, selfless, harmless way possible. Humans are the odd ones out. This is slowing our evolution, and damning our chances of survival past this host.

Rolleyes The cosmic alliance is composed of many species, all of whom say that you, popsthebuilder, are a life-form of insufficient intelligence to join. Enjoy what remains of your pathetic existence, insufficiently evolved one.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-08-2015, 08:44 AM
(05-08-2015 06:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The hypothesis of quantization describs the manner of existence. It states that all is of one similar, non material substance that is literally everywhere and everything, and the same as everything else.

Please provide a citation that supports this. It has no relation to anything I've ever read or heard about the subject.

Quote:If this is the case, if everything is the same then there is no reason that miracles aren't possible.

That is a complete non-sequitur. Deepak would be envious of your ability to make such sweepingly bogus claims.

Quote:Quantum mechanics ties to duality at its core. Duality is equal and opposite, and pertains to the needed balance of positive and negative energy in order to sustain order, and exiatince as we know it. It can be observed by the individual by looking inside and acknowledging that there is a good and bad part of you. It can be somewhat observed through out the Universe as black holes. These infinitely small, infinitely powerful forces are what keep our Universe from expanding into nothingness once again.

Would you like some dressing for that word salad. You are are master at equivocation, I'll give you that. Metaphorical comparisons aren't scientific principles.

Quote:The big bang is referenced in the third line of the Torah and Bible.

Bullshit

Quote:Quantum mechanics backs up the theory that all are literally one thing, and that one thing is everything. It also why we cannot answer some questions pertaining to the origins of God. It is literally outside of our grasp based on the hypothesis of quantization. Duality is relevent to everything.

Read an actual science book and try to understand what it actually says, not what you want it to say.

Quote:Harmony goes back to the hypothesis of quantization. Everything g is the same and constantly vibrating....

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Quote:You do not know what Faith is. You are like a child that refuses to try baked beans because they look unapatizing.

On the contrary, I understand the concept of faith very well. You prefer holding on to comforting fantasies rather than dealing with reality. You have my pity.

Quote:You are talking out of your ass.

Well, I may have to think about that since you are obviously an expert at talking out of your ass.

Quote:My beliefs on how the Universe came to be go together with common, practical, scientific theory perfectly.

No, they really don't. You are one seriously deluded individual.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
05-08-2015, 08:49 AM
(05-08-2015 06:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Julep,

My being here shows that all are with flaw. I welcome any intelligible challenge. I get angry sometimes, only briefly, and a only from personal attacks on my character, not my message.

The only connection I am worried about is the connection we all have to right and wrong. I do not speak of pretend, or make believe. Everything that I claim is completely backed up 100% by the Bible, Qur'an, book of Enoch, Torah, Sumarian texts, the Exeter book, and through Crist. I have linked it to numerous scientific laws as well. If you want more proof, perhaps you could do a little research. It is your existence, after all. Be selfless, thank you for your time.

I've read most of the texts you reference and did not find any evidence of a cosmic force for good. And all of them contradict themselves internally and one another. I found plenty of claims, but all of the evidence provided showed only that if there is an intelligence guiding the universe, it is malignant. However, the evidence provided suggested much more strongly, to my reading, that there is no creator invested in its creation's direction. Is that what you mean by research, reading the texts and analyzing the stories? Then I have done plenty.

I don't think you understand the scientific process or science any better than I do. I also have "learned" science by watching documentaries, which by no way makes me a scientist. I have taken college-level physics--I got a B, almost enough to convince me there is a god--but that doesn't make me a scientist. There's a big difference between how a real scientist explains things and how you do. You make leaps and claim you've proved something without showing the steps. When you do show your work, you don't define your terms clearly and you leap straight from the physical to the metaphysical without connecting them convincingly. However, as both of us are nonscientists, I'll let the people on here who DO have scientific training and understanding continue to eviscerate your arguments. You haven't framed anything in a way that I would find convincing.

Finally, it is not "selfless" of either of us to be playing on the internet. It's self-amusement. Therefore: not selfless. (Not that selflessness is the ultimate virtue in any case, but I digress)
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
05-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Relax, Pops!

Don't you know it's in the Atheist Charter to harass anyone who exhibits tendencies to lean toward Woo, as an explanation of the universe. You may accept the general consensus of scientists as to 99% of the function of the laws of physics/chemistry/biology, but as long as you think that remaining percent gives you leeway to usr vague phrases like "unity" among people who value precision of language and thought, you're going to draw a huge degree of flak. Just the way it is.

What I don't get is why you keep insisting on coming here to spread your Woo... you may note that this thread is about God's Sadism. Generally, this refers to the Christian Jehovah, as described in Western Civilization's primary HolyBook. So then why do you bring Woo and other magical nonsense (from our POV) into it, and end up butt-hurt when we mock its injection into this particular discussion?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-08-2015, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 10:59 AM by Free.)
(04-08-2015 11:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Free,

No prerequisite but selflessness.

Pops, read all of the following very carefully, and contemplate it carefully. Do not make a rash response until you fully understand what I am saying.

Pops, selflessness may sound noble, but it is actually impossible when you understand the conditions of life.

Every last thing we do is actually a selfish act. It is only a misguided sense of morality that compels people to believe that it is possible to be selfless. This makes people believe that selfishness- on a whole- is some kind of "bad" thing. Sure, it can be abused to the point of harming others, but selfishness can also be utilized to the benefit of others.

Let me give you an example of what is commonly thought of as a selfless act.

In world war II, there are 5 soldiers in a trench fighting the Nazis. A Nazi grenade is thrown into the trench, and one of the soldiers dives upon it, taking the full blast and getting killed, but saving the lives of his comrades.

On the surface, this would appear to be a selfless act, but the question remains as to why the soldier sacrificed his life for his comrades. So here is the question:

Q: What compelled the soldier to sacrifice his life for his comrades?

There are several possibilities, but each and every possibility comes down to the soldier making an attempt to alleviate a painful emotion such as fear for his comrades, or compassion for his comrades. The soldier was emotionally motivated to sacrifice his life, and those emotions generate pain.

At the root of all sentient living things is the driving force to preserve our lives. However, sometimes pain can compel us to end our lives, and often we do so without so much as a thought.

Both fear and compassion are painful emotions. They can become so painful as to compel us to alleviate the painful experience by whatever means necessary.

What the soldier did was not an act of selflessness, but rather a more noble act of selfishness. To alleviate his pain, he sacrificed his own life.

Please understand, selfishness is not some evil dirty word. Like all things, it has its benefits and detriments. But also understand, selflessness is actually impossible for all sentient life.

Every last thing we do is motivated by our "self," not "selfless."

Quote: Don't judge anyone.

Pops, we all judge each other. We tend to formulate opinions of each other according to our own perspective on things. We evaluate each other and make a judgement based upon our observations.

Judging is not a dirty word either. It's absolutely natural for all sentient life.

Quote: There will always be two sides. There will always be believers, and nonbelievers. It is my job to enlighten as many as possible in order to reduce suffering.

You see, pops, your focus is not on what benefits the human race as a whole, but on how you can convert people to your religious perspective. You want to "enlighten" them in regards to your religious experience with the hopes they may "see the light."

But you do not have to do that. It is not required. You do not need to express your religious beliefs at all to help the human race. There is only one thing you need to do, and I will use your own religious beliefs to demonstrate it.

Mat 22:34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.
Mat 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second commandment is like the first one, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.'
Mat 22:40 All the laws and everything the prophets said hang on just these two commandments.

Do you understand that what Jesus is teaching you is that none of the religious practices matter whatsoever, providing that the people simply love one another? He's telling you that every law ever written, and every word ever spoken by the prophets can be fully honored by simply loving one another. He's literally telling you to put your love for the human race FIRST, and that is ALL you need to do.

For if you trully have love for one another, you will not steal, murder, lie, commit adultery, or break any commandment, nor bring harm of any kind to no one.

You do not need to "believe" in this or that. You do not need to express your religious beliefs to anyone. They simply do not matter, and none of it is necessary.

Learn from us, Pops. Rise above your beliefs, and enter the realm of reason.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
05-08-2015, 10:44 AM
[Image: 879384-federation_crest_001_jpg.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
05-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Free, your entire post was a huge contradicting circle. I preach selflessness to no end. What do you thing love thy neighbor, love thy enemy means?

The story with the grenade; 1< 4. Real simple, real selfless. Just because so.wine is honored for something doesn't make them selfish. A selfless existence is possible. And rewarding. Of course most are only expected to be more selfless than selfish. More good than bad. More right than wrong. I'm not pushing any religion on any one. I'm pushing a personal connection to existence. Thank you.