Forced To Marry at 11, Former Child Bride Speaks Out.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 10:55 PM by kim.)
RE: Forced To Marry at 11, Former Child Bride Speaks Out.
(03-06-2017 07:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So now they just marry their victims?
How long before someone mixes that with polygamy? Dodgy

Oh, that's been going on for years. Shy

Google Warren Jeffs and look under the "images" tab. He fucked 12 & 13 year olds on a special "alter bed" in his church. Creepy as fuck, it was.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 10:55 PM

Sapere aude
03-06-2017, 11:54 PM
(03-06-2017 09:04 PM)SYZ Wrote:  A government clerk in Tampa, Florida, refused to marry the 11-year-old, even though this was legal in the state, so the wedding party went to nearby Pinellas County, where the clerk issued a marriage license. The license lists her birth date, so officials were aware of her age.

Not surprisingly, the marriage didn’t work out—two-thirds of marriages of underage girls don’t last, one study found—but it did interrupt Johnson’s attendance at elementary school. Today she is campaigning for a state law to curb underage marriages, part of a nationwide movement to end child marriage in America.

Meanwhile, children 16 and under are still being married in Florida at a rate of one every few days.

Nicholas Kristof, SundayReview, 26 May 17

I hate to go there (and this isn't directed at you directly SYZ just more general discussion), but for the purpose of being fair, how is what that clerk did (refusing to issue the marriage licence) different from Kim Davis refusing to issue gay marriage licenses?

Quote:Oh, that's been going on for years. Shy

Google Warren Jeffs and look under the "images" tab. He fucked 12 & 13 year olds on a special "alter bed" in his church. Creepy as fuck, it was.

Oh I forgot about cults. That shit is the most fucked up shit and is exactly why cults like that should be banned.
04-06-2017, 05:14 PM
(03-06-2017 11:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I hate to go there (and this isn't directed at you directly SYZ just more general discussion), but for the purpose of being fair, how is what that clerk did (refusing to issue the marriage licence) different from Kim Davis refusing to issue gay marriage licenses?

Good question. In both scenarios, a duly appointed public servant, whose wages are taxpayer funded, refused to act on a requisite of the state's law,

Is that not a breach of these public servants' terms of employment, and also a breach of the relevant anti-discrimination laws? And both cases hinge on the clerks' personal moral viewpoint, rather than any state laws.

Presumably then—as an atheist—I can refuse to issue a marriage license if the applicants are Catholic or Anglican, or Baptist or Hindu? Simply because their religion offends my personal morals? I'd like to see that!

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
04-06-2017, 05:34 PM
The United States is part of the Convention of the Right of Children which proscribe child marriage. The clerc could use United States internationnal engagement and UN conventions on human rights to defend his/her position of refusing to issue a licence that would go against United States internationnal agenda and signed conventions. It's a flimsy legal defense since UN conventions are non-binding, but its better than Kim Davis situation.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
04-06-2017, 08:40 PM
I guess it would depend on the judge then? If they wanted to follow State law or UN one. I'd guess the State law would probably win out though for reasons you stated.

It's a pity it didn't go to court and blow up in the media instead of Kim Davis, it might have lead to some discussion about child marriage in the US and potentially resulted in some law changes. I wonder how many people simply just don't know it's a thing and would be more vocal if they learned what is going on and how cunts are using it to get around pedophilia and rape.
05-06-2017, 09:08 AM
(04-06-2017 08:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I guess it would depend on the judge then? If they wanted to follow State law or UN one. I'd guess the State law would probably win out though for reasons you stated.

It's a pity it didn't go to court and blow up in the media instead of Kim Davis, it might have lead to some discussion about child marriage in the US and potentially resulted in some law changes. I wonder how many people simply just don't know it's a thing and would be more vocal if they learned what is going on and how cunts are using it to get around pedophilia and rape.

I don't think the vast majority in the US thinks that child marriage can still happen in this country. I, myself, would have answered no a couple of weeks ago. Sometime, hidious pièces of legislation remain only because nobody know they are still there.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.