Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2017, 06:24 AM
Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL
45 has talked like a despot since the start of his run and even still today.

That sick fuck has used vilification of rivals, has burned his way through the primaries. Attacked service people, attacked the very intel he now has to rely on. Has scapegoated multiple groups.

And now this. It was great to see the NFL basically tell him to go fuck himself. Forced ritual are what the Nazis demanded, what North Korea demands.

Tying national sports to demands of blind loyalty are also what dictators do. I am highly recommending everyone who understand how bat shit insane 45's rhetoric is, to contact your favorite sports team of ANY SPORT, or favorite player and remind them that protest is very American.

If it were not for the protest of Athletes pro sports would still be segregated.

45 is a very petty asshole who does not understand or care the divisions he causes. This is yet more proof that sicko is unfit for office.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Brian37's post
24-09-2017, 08:03 AM
RE: Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL
Brian I agree with a lot of that sentiment, and am also glad the NFL reacted negatively to Trump's call to fire players who don't stand for the anthem. Howevah....

(24-09-2017 06:24 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If it were not for the protest of Athletes pro sports would still be segregated.

Surely this was more a matter of the almighty dollar. The minute one team allowed African-American players on their pro baseball, basketball, or football team, it became an arms race and you couldn't win unless you accumulate the best players, regardless of race, from the widest pool. Jackie Robinson was really really good at baseball.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
24-09-2017, 08:22 AM
(24-09-2017 08:03 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Brian I agree with a lot of that sentiment, and am also glad the NFL reacted negatively to Trump's call to fire players who don't stand for the anthem. Howevah....

(24-09-2017 06:24 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If it were not for the protest of Athletes pro sports would still be segregated.

Surely this was more a matter of the almighty dollar. The minute one team allowed African-American players on their pro baseball, basketball, or football team, it became an arms race and you couldn't win unless you accumulate the best players, regardless of race, from the widest pool. Jackie Robinson was really really good at baseball.

You're more right than you know.

It' s ALL about money.

Picking out " your" team to root for is simply a choice of a consumer's choice of advertising marketing, usually coupled by some geographic favoritism.

But, ultimately the consumer swallows the load of a big corporation, smiles, wipes off their chin and congratulats themselves on being " winners".

You might as well root for Walmart.

They usually have a winning season

Oh, and the occasional riot is simply a bonus.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
24-09-2017, 08:28 AM
(24-09-2017 08:03 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Brian I agree with a lot of that sentiment, and am also glad the NFL reacted negatively to Trump's call to fire players who don't stand for the anthem. Howevah....

I hope you are being sarcastic with your post. Please feel free to correct me if you think I am misunderstanding something. 45's comments were wrong and not comments fit for a sitting president. Those are archaic comments you'd have heard during the days of segregation.

Yes the NFL is a business, but this is not about the owners, nor is it about the millionaire players protesting to get attention. I think it is stupid to assume that.

Most NFL players do not make what the famous starters do. Most NFL players constitute the second and third string, and most only stay in the league 3-5 years if lucky.

I'd only agree that the NFL as owners don't want to take a financial hit no. But the actual players and couches I doubt very seriously are doing this protest for financial reasons.

If society wants to protest the NFL for lagit reasons, they should protest their decades of blackmailing cities to get free money to build stadiums, but even then, that's the owners doing that, not the players.

I don't care if it is at a pro sports event, or even in a public school, forced ritual is wrong. 45 was advocating the same blind loyalty we've seen in the past, and that is not rhetoric that should be tolerated by a sitting president.

Like I said in my OP, demanding forced ritual are the behaviors of despots and dictators.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
24-09-2017, 08:47 AM
This country was founded on protest. Why does Trump hate America?
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
24-09-2017, 08:49 AM
I've sat down during the national anthem at an NBA playoff game and at a rodeo way back before I had even heard of other people doing that. Jazz vs the Lakers a few years before the Flu Game. No one said fucking shit. And like I said, a rodeo. I also burnt the flag at a punk rock show. I got tossed because it was a fire hazard not because anyone gave a shit about the flag. These pro-athletes have back up for miles. Oh shit is someone going to Tweet about them? The NFL is over 70% black. Why the fuck would any of them ever stand up for that shit is beyond me. But beyond the racial shit, flags can't hear, see, or think. As far as cloth goes they're fucking useless. My blanket keeps me warm and my skivies keep my nuts in place. The flag just waves its ugly useless ass around all day. If you ask me the flag should get off welfare and get a fucking job. Cut yourself into socks or something.
[+] 7 users Like I'mFred's post
24-09-2017, 08:51 AM
(24-09-2017 08:47 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  This country was founded on protest. Why does Trump hate America?

Look what it turned him into.
[+] 3 users Like I'mFred's post
24-09-2017, 08:59 AM
(24-09-2017 08:51 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 08:47 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  This country was founded on protest. Why does Trump hate America?

45 is a living time machine stuck in the movie "The Help". But that is ok, the sane are giving him a delicious pie to eat.

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
24-09-2017, 02:55 PM
(24-09-2017 08:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 08:03 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Surely this was more a matter of the almighty dollar.... Jackie Robinson was really really good at baseball.

It' s ALL about money.

I would dispute that Branch Rickey did it for the money. In fact, I know he didn't do it for the money. He knew he was risking everything, including the life of Jackie Robinson. - Catcher’s Tears Were a Likely Inspiration for Rickey

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-09-2017, 03:15 PM
(24-09-2017 08:51 AM)ImFred Wrote:  

Yeah, there's that. I stand corrected, in a real sense.