Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2017, 07:38 PM
RE: Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL
(08-10-2017 07:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 04:55 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  But it's considered disrespectful to do anything but stand quietly during the national anthem.

Considering things is exactly what this protest is about. Respect is earned, not demanded. Consider that for a second.

I get it, you are considering things from the POV of the protesters, and I get it. I'm just considering the POV of people that boo. A lot of them are probably like me, they don't like it, they don't hate the players that kneel, they just wish they would find a less disrespectful way of protesting.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2017, 07:42 PM
(08-10-2017 07:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 07:20 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  You make that sound like a trend. Besides that typo, it should be easy to find a second example, could you share one?

I have already, as have others.

Ah, of course. Could I trouble you for a link?

08-10-2017, 07:53 PM
I am wondering what a respectful protest would be?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-10-2017, 08:02 PM
(08-10-2017 07:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am wondering what a respectful protest would be?

Well, the entire American civil rights movement comes to mind.

But to get up to date, how about this: Imagine if Colin Kaepernick (who started the protests by sitting during the anthem) had said ahead of time: "Today I'm going to take a knee for one minute before the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial injustice against people of color and then during the anthem I'm going to stand quietly to show respect for the ideals of the flag and the ideals that our military fight for, racial equality, equal protection under the law, justice, fair treatment by all by our police, (etc)" Would that not have gone over like gangbusters? First amendment right to protest PLUS patriotism?

08-10-2017, 08:05 PM
(08-10-2017 08:02 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 07:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am wondering what a respectful protest would be?

But to get up to date, how about this: Imagine if Colin Kaepernick (who started the protests by sitting during the anthem) had said ahead of time: "Today I'm going to take a knee for one minute before the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial injustice against people of color and then during the anthem I'm going to stand quietly to show respect for the ideals of the flag and the ideals that our military fight for, racial equality, equal protection under the law, justice, fair treatment by all by our police, (etc)" Would that not have gone over like gangbusters? First amendment right to protest PLUS patriotism?

What a load of bullshit. America is an imperialist nation.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
08-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Facepalm

08-10-2017, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 08:32 PM by GirlyMan.)

Dude, did you actually live through and see this? I did on the tail end. There was nothing civil or respectful about it. This is why Kaepernick don't care if he piss white massa off, 'cause he already knows how white massa responds to respectful protests. 2 Jews and a negro already tried.

Significant personal change comes through deep introspection, deep shame, or public ridicule. When it becomes clear that deep introspection is not a viable option because of the actor's inability to self-reflect, shame is an option. When it becomes clear shame is not gonna work because the actor lacks empathy, public ridicule can be resorted to in the hope they will become so embarrassed they will just crawl back in their hole. But only after every attempt at shame has been exhausted, because there are a few that will respond to public ridicule with violence, so be prepared for possible violent responses when it gets to ridicule.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2017, 08:16 PM

The US Military does not fight for the flag or the National Anthem.

Are you a veteran Jerry? Have you taken that oath?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-10-2017, 08:28 PM
The US military fights for oil and strategic position.

Let's be real.

Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
08-10-2017, 08:33 PM
(08-10-2017 08:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  The US military fights for oil and strategic position.

Let's be real.

And bananas.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post