Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL
(08-10-2017 08:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The funny part is that if they were kneeling for Jesus, it would be great in many people's eyes. So kneeling isn't the problem.

During one of the games (I think it was the Dallas Cowboy game last week) they kneeled BEFORE the national anthem was played and stood up before it began but some of the audience still booed. So it's not really about the national anthem, that's a red herring. It's really about big huge black men getting angry about discrimination or being shot and killed for throwing gum on the sidewalk. Some white people are very threatened by this display of strength and emboldened by that fucking asshole, racist, trump.

The horse is kinda already out of the barn. Seeing football players taking a knee is going to get boos, the fans in the stands are not going to be like "Hey, wait a second, let's anticipate that they're going to get up when the actual song starts, then we'll boo." I think that would have been a brilliant strategy if carried out and articulated to the fan base from the beginning. The whole thing has by now been poisoned, nothing good can come out of any of this at this point, except luckily it pisses off Trump and takes his mind temporarily off nuking North Korea.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Jerry. It may help to understand that we are not all American.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-10-2017, 09:32 PM
(08-10-2017 09:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I find it interesting that you sign out and thinker signs in...says nothing...signs out again and you reappear.

No, I don't have homework...people here can and have read things you have said and they are able to remember those things.

You underestimate some of the people here.

Since you aren't a veteran it may be best not to speak for them as though you know how they all think...you have a bad habit of speaking for others.

If you thought you were cool with Vera...as usual...you haven't been paying attention.

Find the vapid women here...they will buy your BS...some already have.

You put me in an unfair spot. I deserve a link to these "things I have said" that "people here" are "able to remember." I know everyone on the forum is sick of the two of us going at it like this but when you get called a liar who among us wouldn't kick back a bit?

I'm not Thinker. I can write.

I will take into consideration your comments about speaking for others and be more careful about it.

I underestimate the people here...but you think some of the women here are vapid. Interesting. Naming names?

08-10-2017, 09:34 PM
As far as I recall, any vapid female members have been theists. There was a woman from eastern Europe who I'd describe as vapid. The members are cool.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
08-10-2017, 09:35 PM
(08-10-2017 09:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There was a woman from eastern Europe who I'd describe as vapid.

Dodgy

Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
08-10-2017, 09:37 PM
I can't remember her name. She was always asking stupid questions. I remember Szuchow calling her out as a troll. I agreed with him.

Banjo.
08-10-2017, 09:39 PM
(08-10-2017 09:15 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 07:38 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I get it, you are considering things from the POV of the protesters, and I get it. I'm just considering the POV of people that boo. A lot of them are probably like me, they don't like it, they don't hate the players that kneel, they just wish they would find a less disrespectful way of protesting.

I get it, I do. You wish they would choose a way of protesting that you could ignore. How inconvenient for you to have to suffer an uppity negro bringing up an uncomfortable subject when what they're supposed to be doing is dancing on the stage we provide them.

That's harsh, I'm not saying that's what you're saying, but that's what comes across to me.

And you know that that's exactly what a lot of people are thinking even when they try to disguise it as patriotism. Fuck that.

If I implied I completely discounted racism as a factor I was wrong to do so. It's a factor, I don't know how big, don't know how to quantify it. Maybe it's more than I think, maybe it's less than you think. But what's coming across to me from some of you guys, is it is nothing but race, and maybe you don't mean it but that's what comes across. Maybe we're all kind of reading between the lines.

Sometimes when people get pissed for what they think is disrespecting the flag and country, it's not code for something else, at least not entirely. They really may just be pissed for what they think is disrespecting the flag and country.

08-10-2017, 09:41 PM
(08-10-2017 09:39 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Sometimes when people get pissed for what they think is disrespecting the flag and country, it's not code for something else, at least not entirely. They really may just be pissed for what they think is disrespecting the flag and country.

Of course. Humans are fallible.

Banjo.
08-10-2017, 09:44 PM
(08-10-2017 09:39 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 09:15 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I get it, I do. You wish they would choose a way of protesting that you could ignore. How inconvenient for you to have to suffer an uppity negro bringing up an uncomfortable subject when what they're supposed to be doing is dancing on the stage we provide them.

That's harsh, I'm not saying that's what you're saying, but that's what comes across to me.

And you know that that's exactly what a lot of people are thinking even when they try to disguise it as patriotism. Fuck that.

If I implied I completely discounted racism as a factor I was wrong to do so. It's a factor, I don't know how big, don't know how to quantify it. Maybe it's more than I think, maybe it's less than you think. But what's coming across to me from some of you guys, is it is nothing but race, and maybe you don't mean it but that's what comes across. Maybe we're all kind of reading between the lines.

Sometimes when people get pissed for what they think is disrespecting the flag and country, it's not code for something else, at least not entirely. They really may just be pissed for what they think is disrespecting the flag and country.

And that's the whole fucking point. Some people are brainwashed into looking up to this notion of flag and country so bad that they fail to see the disparaged and pleading humanity kneeling right in front of them.

Sad

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
08-10-2017, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 09:53 PM by Anjele.)
(08-10-2017 09:32 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 09:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I find it interesting that you sign out and thinker signs in...says nothing...signs out again and you reappear.

No, I don't have homework...people here can and have read things you have said and they are able to remember those things.

You underestimate some of the people here.

Since you aren't a veteran it may be best not to speak for them as though you know how they all think...you have a bad habit of speaking for others.

If you thought you were cool with Vera...as usual...you haven't been paying attention.

Find the vapid women here...they will buy your BS...some already have.

You put me in an unfair spot. I deserve a link to these "things I have said" that "people here" are "able to remember." I know everyone on the forum is sick of the two of us going at it like this but when you get called a liar who among us wouldn't kick back a bit?

I'm not Thinker. I can write.

I will take into consideration your comments about speaking for others and be more careful about it.

I underestimate the people here...but you think some of the women here are vapid. Interesting. Naming names?

If you can't tell who the vapid are you aren't paying attention.

You know where you have backpedaled and tried to explain things away by saying you meant something other than what you said.

And the crap you tried to start between Bucky, Deese, unfogged, FB Hobbit and me was uncalled for. I have more respect for them than I will ever have for you. You were doing what you do, you try to stir up shit.

You do not deserve a damn thing...I am not going to remind you of your crap...you haven't yet claimed senility, I am sure you remember quite well.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post