Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2017, 09:20 PM
RE: Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL
(12-10-2017 07:00 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 09:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which one is more important and substantial to fucking Jerry? The oath or the ceremony? Never mind. I already know the answer. You've never taken the oath, you only mouthed it without even considering, let alone appreciating, the responsibilities you were assuming. You're a piss poor citizen, Jerry. Worse than that, you're a default citizen by accident of birth.

This is getting uglier than it needs to be. I'm actually okay, Girly. I'm not a piss-poor citizen, but I do confess to citizenship by accident of birth.

Thumbsup

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2017, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2017 01:53 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-10-2017 08:56 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  "Culture Jamming." Must be some new slang for "I got nuthin."

I have a problem.

Fuck your problem, you're not being X enough for me to take you seriously.

That simple enough for you dipshit? It's like shifting the goalpost, but for cultural progress. It's the people ignoring the BLM protests and the cop violence because of a handful of opportunistic vandals caused some property destruction, so it's easier to just paint the entire protest as violent thugs rather than engaging with their points. It's GamerGaters crying about 'ethics in games journalism' so as not to grapple with criticism and to cover for those threatening said critics with doxxing, rape, and death. It's people crying over the 'disrespect' of the NFL players, rather than engaging with the points.

How respectful was the Boston Tea Party? Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-10-2017, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2017 01:30 PM by Full Circle.)
Trump doesn’t know if he’s coming or going, who the president of the US Virgin Islands is or that he is supposed to stand and pay respects when Retreat is played and the flag is lowered. Instead he remains seated and talks right through it.

"Trump was interviewed by Hannity at an Air National Guard hangar in Middletown, Pennsylvania. In the midst of the interview, the loudspeakers began playing the tune “Retreat,” which signals the official end of duty. As the Balance noted, it is also a ceremony to pay respect to the flag as it is lowered for the day.

But Donald Trump appeared to be confused with hearing the song — which Newsweek noted is a military tradition dating back to even before the American Revolutionary War — and instead asked Sean Hannity if the song was playing in his own honor.

“What a nice sound that is,” Trump said (via the Washington Examiner). “Are they playing that for you or for me?”

They’re playing it for the very flag you want NFL players to stand for or be fired you stupid intellectual midget.
https://www.inquisitr.com/4551347/after-...abf6008d70

[Image: latest?cb=20170511200512]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
13-10-2017, 02:27 PM
(13-10-2017 01:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Trump doesn’t know if he’s coming or going, who the president of the US Virgin Islands is or that he is supposed to stand and pay respects when Retreat is played and the flag is lowered. Instead he remains seated and talks right through it.

"Trump was interviewed by Hannity at an Air National Guard hangar in Middletown, Pennsylvania. In the midst of the interview, the loudspeakers began playing the tune “Retreat,” which signals the official end of duty. As the Balance noted, it is also a ceremony to pay respect to the flag as it is lowered for the day.

But Donald Trump appeared to be confused with hearing the song — which Newsweek noted is a military tradition dating back to even before the American Revolutionary War — and instead asked Sean Hannity if the song was playing in his own honor.

“What a nice sound that is,” Trump said (via the Washington Examiner). “Are they playing that for you or for me?”

They’re playing it for the very flag you want NFL players to stand for or be fired you stupid intellectual midget.

To be honest, I've never heard of the song and probably wouldn't recognize it or its significance. But then, I'm not President of the US. The President should know these things.
13-10-2017, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2017 05:22 PM by Anjele.)
(13-10-2017 01:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Trump doesn’t know if he’s coming or going, who the president of the US Virgin Islands is or that he is supposed to stand and pay respects when Retreat is played and the flag is lowered. Instead he remains seated and talks right through it.

Anyone who has ever spent a time on a military base knows that everything comes to a stop when Retreat is played...including traffic.

The level of Trump's ignorance is breathtaking. He truly doesn't have a clue what is going on. He's the damn Commander in Chief...couldn't someone provide him with Cliff's notes?

He's a master at being on both sides of every issue because he is so fucking clueless.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
13-10-2017, 04:04 PM
(13-10-2017 03:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Anyone who has every spent a time on a military base knows that everything comes to a stop when Retreat is played...including traffic.

The level of Trump's ignorance is breathtaking. He truly doesn't have a clue what is going on. He's the damn Commander in Chief...couldn't someone provide him with Cliff's notes?

He's a master at being on both sides of every issue because he is so fucking clueless.

I was thinking the same thing, isn’t there a Chief of Protocol advising the President? He should have one unless he fired them or is one of the many appointees he’s yet to name.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-10-2017, 04:09 PM
(13-10-2017 04:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-10-2017 03:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Anyone who has every spent a time on a military base knows that everything comes to a stop when Retreat is played...including traffic.

I was thinking the same thing, isn’t there a Chief of Protocol advising the President? He should have one unless he fired them or is one of the many appointees he’s yet to name.

The post is currently vacant. I can't imagine what dolt Trumpy will appoint.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Forced ritual are the demands of despots. NFL
I brought up how the Chicago Blackhawks fans clap during the national anthem and started during the gulf war and then an allstar game, to a fan of the team who was rampant that kneeling was disrespectful and they needed to stand.

But to no surprise that display of not following the rules was perfectly fine and he got really mad saying anyone trust thinks otherwise is just jealous of that great display. It's so clearly not just about what is the actual form of respect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-10-2017, 06:53 PM
(13-10-2017 04:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2017 04:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I was thinking the same thing, isn’t there a Chief of Protocol advising the President? He should have one unless he fired them or is one of the many appointees he’s yet to name.

Kid Rock?

[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
13-10-2017, 06:58 PM
(13-10-2017 04:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2017 04:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I was thinking the same thing, isn’t there a Chief of Protocol advising the President? He should have one unless he fired them or is one of the many appointees he’s yet to name.

I can't see him filling any position that is supposed to tell him how he is expected to behave and what he is and is not expected to say. He certainly would never pay any attention to any of it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post