Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Forced to vote Democrat: Christianity's Stranglehold on the Right
(27-10-2015 07:24 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 03:52 PM)RinChi Wrote:  There should be no drug laws

No.

http://wfla.com/2015/10/22/document-deta...nces-life/

As disgusting and tragic as that is, I don't see it's relevance to drug laws. Maybe I missed something.

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. -Thomas Jefferson

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. -David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 07:39 PM
(27-10-2015 07:30 PM)RinChi Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 07:24 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No.

http://wfla.com/2015/10/22/document-deta...nces-life/

As disgusting and tragic as that is, I don't see it's relevance to drug laws. Maybe I missed something.

Drugs have no place in civilized society. Especially crap like heroin and meth. The stories of what it does to people is tragic. Children suffer the most, as in the story I posted. We don't need more of it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
27-10-2015, 09:08 PM
I'm not advocating more drugs, I'm advocating no drug laws. There is a distinct difference. I don't think its even a question at this point, I don't know a single person, no matter what side of the aisle they sit that has the sheer ignorance to state that the "war on drugs" has been a success. Unless of course you have a financial interest in one of the many privately owned, overflowing, and extremely profitable prisons in this country.

Drug laws don't work, as evidenced by your article in fact. It's been shown time and time again. Prohibition didn't work, marijuana being placed on the schedule 1 list didn't work and neither do any other laws prohibiting people from putting whatever the hell they want into thier own bodies. Not only has the potency and purity of drugs like heroin skyrocketed since the drug war began, the prices have gone through the floor. Heroin for example has fallen from almost $5 per gram, to a current price $.40 on the high side, implying a huge increase in supply. The same is true for virtually every illicit substance on the illegal market. You could argue that this maybe had something to do with production techniques improving or some such thing, but one thing is abundantly clear. The new drug laws, the increased penalties for the old ones, and the substantially increased focus on enforcing those laws have. not. worked.

Nor do they ever, what they do is cause an already strained budget to be completely blown, the amount of money we have spent on these garbage laws is unspeakable, never mind the cost of jailing all the non-violent offenders of those laws for years and decades. The proof is in, it has been for a while now. I hope someday people will start using thier brains to make decisions instead of emotional headlines.

Drug laws don't reduce drug use, they only create new criminals and criminal enterprises.

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. -Thomas Jefferson

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. -David Hume
[+] 8 users Like RinChi's post
27-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Forced to vote republican: Pacifism's stranglehold on the left Tongue

Actually if I ended up voting it'd probably be for Souraya Faas or Zoltan Istvan, because I consider the domination of the two party system to be a more serious threat to freedom than any of the individual issues either side is yammering on about and I'd rather pass a symbolic vote against both than give them my defacto seal of approval.

'Murican Canadian
28-10-2015, 01:56 AM
(27-10-2015 07:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Drugs have no place in civilized society.

Cause you say so? And how you want to enforce your utopia?

(27-10-2015 07:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Especially crap like heroin and meth.

It could be crap but I see no reason for which you should be able to ban them.

(27-10-2015 07:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The stories of what it does to people is tragic.

Volenti non fit iniuria.

(27-10-2015 07:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Children suffer the most, as in the story I posted. We don't need more of it.

You have some statistics to prove that it is children who suffer the most? Cause that remind me of classic right wing rhetorics about "saving childrens from drugs" by busting their parents one should add.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
28-10-2015, 02:12 AM
I still don't get why people even like to continue using the horribly flawed labels of one group of big government or small government when there isn't a fitting claim to X being so and Y being not so. It's all a manner of In which way they are wanting more size & power.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-10-2015, 04:44 AM
I'm not a libertarian and don't think libertarianism works at much more than the village level--and that only if the village is in a prosperous area and has a relatively homogenous population. However: I very much agree that more than two parties would be good for the US. There's too much money in politics, and both Republicans and Democrats represent the interests of the deep pockets. Republicans have not shown practical ability to manage the country from a financial standpoint better than the Democrats. In fact, their management has been slightly worse.

Decisive for me is that Republicans have shown eagerness to put religion into law, to limit minority civil rights, and to gut the education system in order to get votes from evangelical Christians.

Both parties suck, but Republicans are much more threatening to me as an atheist and as a female, so I vote Democrat. Neither party is good at generating jobs or managing the economy, so social platform trumps all.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
28-10-2015, 06:17 AM
You're voting for lizards.

(Google "Douglas Adams - voting for the wrong lizard" --- it explains all...)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-10-2015, 06:20 AM
Forced to vote Democrat: Christianity's Stranglehold on the Right
(27-10-2015 06:24 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well i disagree with freedom as the primary right

Why?
28-10-2015, 06:31 AM
(28-10-2015 06:20 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 06:24 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well i disagree with freedom as the primary right

Why?

Why should it be to just hold off anointing anything as the primary thing that trumps all.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson