Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong
(07-02-2016 02:33 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  FFS the business owners are only hurting themselves by not accepting gay money.
What if there is only one school in town (run by Catholics) and a gay person is qualified as a teacher, but they won't hire him because he is gay. Does he have to move to another town, or state, or country?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2016, 03:35 PM
(07-02-2016 03:14 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 02:33 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  FFS the business owners are only hurting themselves by not accepting gay money.
What if there is only one school in town (run by Catholics) and a gay person is qualified as a teacher, but they won't hire him because he is gay. Does he have to move to another town, or state, or country?

I grew up in a town that had one public school - the kindergarten. All the other schools were Catholic.

If you didn't want to go there, couldn't afford to go there, or weren't accepted in any other way - yeah - you had to go to another town. Not the next town over like suburbs, an actual completely different town some miles away.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-02-2016, 04:07 PM
(07-02-2016 03:11 PM)Stevil Wrote:  That would be taking the moral high ground, refusing to buy from someone based on your own moral principles.

What if I don't have moral principles, but instead avoid his business simply because I don't like the fucker?

(07-02-2016 03:11 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Another way to look at it would be that the gay person wants a cake. They buy the cake regardless of the beliefs of the cake seller. They take the cake away and use it however they wish and don't give a second thought as to the cake maker.

Or another way to look at it would be that the gay person wants a cake, but the only baker in town is a homophobic bigot, so the gay person either bakes a cake himself, orders one from the next town over, finds a friend who is capable of baking a cake, etc. He does this because he realizes every time we make a purchase we are "voting" with our dollars.

I hear the same shit about how Walmart is bad for America. Well, guess what, Americans WANT Walmart and they prove it everyday by pouring into their stores by the millions and voting with their dollars.

If you don't like how a particular business operates, don't shop there. Vote with your purchasing power. If everybody agrees with you, that business will go under very quickly.
07-02-2016, 04:09 PM
(07-02-2016 03:14 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

Dude should have thought about that in advance. As an atheist, I also wouldn't expect to be hired by a catholic school. Was life supposed to be fair?
07-02-2016, 04:15 PM
(07-02-2016 04:09 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 03:14 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What if there is only one school in town (run by Catholics) and a gay person is qualified as a teacher, but they won't hire him because he is gay. Does he have to move to another town, or state, or country?

Dude should have thought about that in advance. As an atheist, I also wouldn't expect to be hired by a catholic school. Was life supposed to be fair?

We all know cathylickers descriminate, and abuse small children. What has this to do with baking? Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-02-2016, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 05:30 PM by Chas.)
(07-02-2016 07:10 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 06:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  And what, exactly, is a gay cake?

Well, a 'pro-gay cake.' It's a cake that has a pro-gay or pro-gay-marriage cannotation. There is of course no metric that can objectively determine what is or isn't pro-gay; it's up to the baker - and subsequently the judge, should it all go to court by reason of discrimination - to decide that.

Show some actual examples of these otherwise imaginary 'gay cakes'.

Wedding cakes rarely have any writing on them, so how does it become 'gay'? Consider

[Image: we-serve-whites-only-no-spanish-or-mexicans.jpg][Image: article-2074210-0F2D904700000578-141_468x245.jpg][Image: 1397407175801.jpg]

[Image: queers.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
07-02-2016, 05:39 PM
(06-02-2016 07:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Do gay cakes taste like rainbows?

Consider
[Image: 409a407d3e943a2c5f9206e0820e48b2.jpg]
07-02-2016, 05:41 PM
(06-02-2016 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 07:20 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  But any working man who refuses to get paid is also kind of an idiot.

Please explain, in detail, what a gay cake is. Drinking Beverage
I just Google'd "gay cake". Don't do it! Trust me, they do exist.
[+] 2 users Like jason_delisle's post
07-02-2016, 05:42 PM
(07-02-2016 05:41 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please explain, in detail, what a gay cake is. Drinking Beverage
I just Google'd "gay cake". Don't do it! Trust me, they do exist.

[Image: 10710906-17624109-thumbnail.jpg?token=t2...XZO8I9Y%3D]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
07-02-2016, 06:23 PM
I like this one:
[Image: gaywedding.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 7 users Like cactus's post