Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong
(08-02-2016 06:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  A club is not a business open to the public, so your examples fail to support your argument.

So if the baker redefined his business as a club and only allowed heterosexuals to join, you'd be fine with it? Kind of like Sam's club....you gotta be a member to shop there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 07:23 PM by Anjele.)
I would think that a club is by its nature is exclusive.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-02-2016, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 07:25 PM by cactus.)
What if you're a freelancer/sole proprietor/independent contractor/single-member LLC/ retired part-time hobbyist/ etc?

If you're in favor of legislating equal treatment of customers, at what point should the law be enacted? I don't know much about U.S. tax law, so I really can't give any specific examples about what constitutes a "business." I'm pretty sure yard sales are considered a "business venture", and thus require a business license if you have them often enough.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
08-02-2016, 07:24 PM
(08-02-2016 07:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would think that a club is by its nature exclusive.

So maybe that's the answer. The baker only needs to label his bakery as a club, and then he can choose who he wants to sell to. Pretty easy solution I guess.
08-02-2016, 07:25 PM
(08-02-2016 07:12 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 06:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  A club is not a business open to the public, so your examples fail to support your argument.

So if the baker redefined his business as a club and only allowed heterosexuals to join, you'd be fine with it? Kind of like Sam's club....you gotta be a member to shop there.

A club is not the problem. Try to stay on track. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2016, 07:30 PM
(08-02-2016 07:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 07:12 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  So if the baker redefined his business as a club and only allowed heterosexuals to join, you'd be fine with it? Kind of like Sam's club....you gotta be a member to shop there.

A club is not the problem. Try to stay on track. Facepalm

Right, but if he labeled his bakery as a club (kind of like Sam's club) you'd be fine with it, right?
08-02-2016, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 07:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-02-2016 07:30 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 07:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  A club is not the problem. Try to stay on track. Facepalm

Right, but if he labeled his bakery as a club (kind of like Sam's club) you'd be fine with it, right?

If he advertised that his bakery specialized in non-gay cakes and was only equipped to make non-gay cakes, he'd probably be okay. Oh and charge a monthly fee just to be a member of the non-gay cake club. No tickkee no laundry.

#sigh
08-02-2016, 07:46 PM
(08-02-2016 07:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  only equipped to make non-gay cakes
Please clarify that with a specific example.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
08-02-2016, 07:49 PM
(08-02-2016 07:30 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 07:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  A club is not the problem. Try to stay on track. Facepalm

It would have to operate as a club, not a business open to the public.

What is your point? You haven't even acknowledged the arguments against your opinion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-02-2016, 07:53 PM
(08-02-2016 07:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 07:30 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Right, but if he labeled his bakery as a club (kind of like Sam's club) you'd be fine with it, right?

It would have to operate as a club, not a business open to the public.

What is your point? You haven't even acknowledged the arguments against your opinion.

I guess I'm fine with it if all he has to do is call his bakery a club. I can live with that. Kind of like what paleophyte said....just make them advertise, and you're good to go. Works for me.