Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 08:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong
(08-02-2016 07:46 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 07:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  only equipped to make non-gay cakes
Please clarify that with a specific example.

I only make cakes with both a male bride and a female groom as toppings. My business would be adversely affected requiring me to do otherwise 'cause I got this deal with these dudes in China .... If you don't want a wedding cake with a female groom and a male bride, I can't help you.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 08:10 PM
(08-02-2016 07:53 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 07:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  It would have to operate as a club, not a business open to the public.

What is your point? You haven't even acknowledged the arguments against your opinion.

I guess I'm fine with it if all he has to do is call his bakery a club. I can live with that. Kind of like what paleophyte said....just make them advertise, and you're good to go. Works for me.

No, that is not all he has to do. He has to actually operate it as a club.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-02-2016, 08:11 PM
(08-02-2016 06:23 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Actually the significant problem with polygamy is that it isn't a direct comparable in situations to legal scenarios... that's why it's not a good analogy to homosexual marriage and most understand it outside the Santorum crowd. What you mean by you can refuse service isn't sensible accurate or on point at all.. but if you're talking about why they're now treated legally different, that's a bigger story.

The legal scenarios of marriage, rights, divorce, wills, etc. are complex and add more parties to the fold in polygamous marriages.Then the bigger issue is when children are involved too, how do you handle the custody & protection rights in these cases.. that gets more complicated where homosexuality is still just 2 consenting adults. There's also some other issued comparable but all these concepts are still poor analogies because they're far from equal situations. Plus there is a strong beyond "yucky" reason for these dichotomies.

Nope, polygamy is illegal because it's yucky (or perceived by most to be yucky, I actually don't give 2 shits about it). If you don't believe that, you're only fooling yourself.

You seriously think it's illegal because it's too much of a hassle in courts?
[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post
08-02-2016, 08:15 PM
(08-02-2016 08:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 07:53 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  I guess I'm fine with it if all he has to do is call his bakery a club. I can live with that. Kind of like what paleophyte said....just make them advertise, and you're good to go. Works for me.

No, that is not all he has to do. He has to actually operate it as a club.

For sure. His membership criteria could be that all members must value traditional marriage (between one man and one woman). Sounds easy enough to me.
08-02-2016, 08:16 PM
(08-02-2016 08:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 07:46 PM)cactus Wrote:  Please clarify that with a specific example.

I only make cakes with both a male bride and a female groom as toppings. My business would be adversely affected requiring me to do otherwise 'cause I got this deal with these dudes in China .... If you don't want a wedding cake with a female groom and a male bride, I can't help you.

How do I know the bride and groom wedding toppers aren't still gay? Maybe they're in an open queerplatonic relationship and having sex exclusively with each-others ex-spouses. Do you have a money-back guarantee on these supposedly "straight" wedding toppers? I don't want to get swindled again *shakes fist*

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
08-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Now I am hungry for some cake...gay or straight...I don't care. Cake is cake. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-02-2016, 08:18 PM
(08-02-2016 08:16 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 08:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I only make cakes with both a male bride and a female groom as toppings. My business would be adversely affected requiring me to do otherwise 'cause I got this deal with these dudes in China .... If you don't want a wedding cake with a female groom and a male bride, I can't help you.

How do I know the bride and groom wedding toppers aren't still gay? Maybe they're in an open queerplatonic relationship and having sex with each-others ex-spouses. Do you have a money-back guarantee on these supposedly "straight" wedding toppers? I don't want to get swindled again *shakes fist*

They are gay, that's the beauty of it!
08-02-2016, 08:19 PM
(08-02-2016 08:16 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 08:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I only make cakes with both a male bride and a female groom as toppings. My business would be adversely affected requiring me to do otherwise 'cause I got this deal with these dudes in China .... If you don't want a wedding cake with a female groom and a male bride, I can't help you.

How do I know the bride and groom wedding toppers aren't still gay? Maybe they're in an open queerplatonic relationship and having sex with each-others ex-spouses. Do you have a money-back guarantee on these supposedly "straight" wedding toppers? I don't want to get swindled again *shakes fist*

Well, a male bride and a female groom ain't exactly traditional, but that's my niche.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-02-2016, 08:25 PM
(08-02-2016 08:15 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 08:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, that is not all he has to do. He has to actually operate it as a club.

For sure. His membership criteria could be that all members must value traditional marriage (between one man and one woman). Sounds easy enough to me.

No, that won't pass the smell test. You are really desperate here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2016, 08:27 PM
(08-02-2016 08:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 08:15 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  For sure. His membership criteria could be that all members must value traditional marriage (between one man and one woman). Sounds easy enough to me.

No, that won't pass the smell test. You are really desperate here.

How so?