Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong
Ok, if you can refuse to bake a gay cake, what about a black cake? Discrimination is discrimination...

Bye bye chocolate cake Weeping

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
06-02-2016, 11:29 AM
(06-02-2016 11:13 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  God damn I'm glad I live in an atheistic country. I get to deal with human beings instead of bizarre christians and their retarded anti-christian children xD
God damn I'm glad I live in a desegregated country. I get to deal with human beings instead of bizarre racists and their retarded anti-racist children xD

If by "anti-Christian," you mean "anti-bigoted,' then a lot of self-identifying Christians would fit into that category as well.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
06-02-2016, 11:34 AM
(06-02-2016 11:13 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 10:47 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  No one has ever forced someone to make a "gay cake". Not ever.

Now, if you're open for business you do have to serve all your customers regardless of who they are or what their religious, gender, sexual preference or any other differentiating aspect might be.

If a customer comes in and asks you to make a "gay cake" or any cake that you find the recipe or the decorations offensive and you have never used or made that for anyone else, then you have the right to decline the cake. You do not have to make a "Nazi cake", a "black panther cake" or even a "Shirley Temple cake". BUT... You do not have the right to decline the customer.

See how that works. Smile

Wow, America is even more retarded that I suspected then. You are allowed to decline a customer, BUT... You do not have the right to decline the customer.

God damn I'm glad I live in an atheistic country. I get to deal with human beings instead of bizarre christians and their retarded anti-christian children xD
Er no not retarded it makes sense to me and I'm a Brit. You cannot refuse to sell something ready made in your store to someone based on personal prejudice eg: You cant buy this cream cake because you are black gay etc but if they ask you for a commissioned product which you find offensive you have the right to refuse to make it. But not in Britain because everyone is so pc its ridiculous. Don't get me wrong the people refusing to bake the wedding cake are religitards and I don't like them or their beliefs but I support their right to refuse
06-02-2016, 11:48 AM
(06-02-2016 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 07:20 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  But any working man who refuses to get paid is also kind of an idiot.

Please explain, in detail, what a gay cake is. Drinking Beverage

[Image: pride-cake.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 7 users Like Minimalist's post
06-02-2016, 12:00 PM
(06-02-2016 11:13 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 10:47 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  No one has ever forced someone to make a "gay cake". Not ever.

Now, if you're open for business you do have to serve all your customers regardless of who they are or what their religious, gender, sexual preference or any other differentiating aspect might be.

If a customer comes in and asks you to make a "gay cake" or any cake that you find the recipe or the decorations offensive and you have never used or made that for anyone else, then you have the right to decline the cake. You do not have to make a "Nazi cake", a "black panther cake" or even a "Shirley Temple cake". BUT... You do not have the right to decline the customer.

See how that works. Smile

Wow, America is even more retarded that I suspected then. You are allowed to decline a customer, BUT... You do not have the right to decline the customer.

God damn I'm glad I live in an atheistic country. I get to deal with human beings instead of bizarre christians and their retarded anti-christian children xD

Oh, I get it now... you're a liar and an asshole. Got it!

buh-bye!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
06-02-2016, 01:20 PM
(06-02-2016 07:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Define "wrong" in an unambiguous way such that it is independent of subjective judgement. Until then we can stick to 'legal' and 'illegal'. And it's illegal. So fuck them.
Exactly.

We also need to define what makes a cake gay.

Obviously, cakes have no gender or sexual preference, hence the cakes themselves aren't made gay.

Is it the colour of the cake that is deemed a gay?
Is a pink cake a gay cake?

Does it make sense to enforce a law so that bakers must create cakes of a certain colour (a gay colour) or certain shade of a colour (gay shades) when asked by a customer?

This law would seem to fit a "gay agenda" if it were in place. However for the law to be less of an agenda and more of a generic thing it would have to be worded in a way that means the baker must (under law) produce a cake of any colour and shade asked for by the customer.

But does this make sense?
Should car manufactures be forced (under law) to make cars of whatever colour and shade asked for by the customer?

Let's say that it isn't the colour of the cake that makes it "gay" but instead it is some specific decoration. Perhaps a message on the cake "Happy marriage to Tom and Fred" but then again, who writes a message on their wedding cake?

Perhaps it is that the cake is to have a plastic couple placed on top of the cake. A couple of grooms or a couple of brides. Is the problem that the bakery must (under law) stock and sell these figurines? Is it the government's place to dictate what figurines a shop MUST sell? Will the government (under law) enforce the quality of such figurines. It seems to be getting rather intrusive doesn't it?

But if the issue is the selling of a cake to gay people. Then that is discrimination. When I got married to my wife, my cake was a brown chocolate cake. It had no figurines, no word messages written on it. It looked somewhat like a wedding cake, although it could have passed for a non wedding celebration too. It could have been used by a hetrosexual couple and it could have been used by a homosexual couple. In no way, shape or form was the cake either gay or hetro.

But let's say I was gay. And lets say that myself and my gay fiancee came into the baker store and asked about wedding cakes for our impending wedding day celebrations. If they say, "No, we don't sell gay wedding cakes" then the issue is that they are discriminating based on the customers that they choose to serve rather than the specific cake that they choose to make.

If they make a cake that the customer is happy with but they refuse to sell the cake based on their perception that the customer is gay or that the cake is to be for a gay wedding then they are discriminating.

It becomes a case of customer discrimination rather than a case of law dictating the colour, shape, decorations or figurines of a cake.

If you allow discrimination then perhaps shop owners can refuse to sell to blacks, Chinese, Mexicans, Maoris, perhaps discriminate against selling to Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists.

What happens when society supports this discrimination? Does hatred grow, does violence ensue, does society become dangerous?
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
06-02-2016, 01:59 PM
(06-02-2016 07:49 AM)cactus Wrote:  You know what else is childish, looking at two dudes in a romantic relationship and being like "Oh my God, they're having buttsecks! Excuse me sirs, do you two have butttsecks in your bedroom!?!?!

I think the religious fundies issue is that they percieve the gay couple to be flaunting it.

Situation:
A couple of men walking down the street hand in hand.
Religo Fundie: "How dare they, flaunt their gayness in public, I'm offended, they are spreading the "gay agenda", they are mocking me, they are sinning and proud of it. Spreading the disease of sin. What if kids see them, then those kids will think this is "normal" they might give gay a try too. Oh, this is terrible, we must do something to stop this immoral behaviour"

If you challenge the Religo Fundie then you get the response
Religo Fundie: "Don't get me wrong. I don't hate gays. I love everyone, I love gay people. I just hate the sin. Gay people have their cross to bear. They need to remain celibate. They need to not act upon their immoral carnal lust. This is the path they must lead. Oh, I am willing to help them. Because I am helpful and loving. I do this by making gay marriage illegal, making it illegal for them to adopt, or teach children. By refusing to sell them cakes, refusing to rent out Bed and Breakfast, by reminding them that it is a sin, by telling them not to appear gay, not to show any PDA. But what thanks do I get? Nothing. They are ungrateful and yet I will not waiver from doing the lords work.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
06-02-2016, 02:07 PM
But.....how do you tell if a cake is gay?!
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-02-2016, 02:30 PM
(06-02-2016 02:07 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  But.....how do you tell if a cake is gay?!

Gaydar ...
either ya have it , or ya don't.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-02-2016, 02:33 PM
(06-02-2016 11:48 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please explain, in detail, what a gay cake is. Drinking Beverage

[Image: pride-cake.jpg]

Bitch please. No gay cake is fantastic. It's fabulous.
[+] 6 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post