Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2016, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 02:45 PM by Old Man Marsh.)
RE: Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong
(06-02-2016 02:07 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  But.....how do you tell if a cake is gay?!

[Image: tumblr_m4cbd9HpeJ1rvmzlbo1_400.gif]

EDIT: on second thought, it's more of a standard bukkake cake with gummy penises.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
06-02-2016, 02:40 PM
I suggest that the sensible thing to do is to let business owners discriminate however they wish so long as they clearly advertise the fact before hand. In this case a big sign reading "We refuse to serve homosexuals." would have sufficed.

And having done that you will very shortly have bakers with a few more customers and unemployed bigots.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
06-02-2016, 02:46 PM
(06-02-2016 02:40 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I suggest that the sensible thing to do is to let business owners discriminate however they wish so long as they clearly advertise the fact before hand. In this case a big sign reading "We refuse to serve homosexuals." would have sufficed.

And having done that you will very shortly have bakers with a few more customers and unemployed bigots.

I disagree. I suggest we keep the non-discrimination laws as they are and if you don't want to serve the public (everyone) don't have a business that is open to the public (everyone).

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
06-02-2016, 02:51 PM
(06-02-2016 02:40 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I suggest that the sensible thing to do is to let business owners discriminate however they wish so long as they clearly advertise the fact before hand. In this case a big sign reading "We refuse to serve homosexuals." would have sufficed.

This is BY FAR the most sensible post I've read on this thread. Except I'm torn on the whole advertisement thing. Suppose I don't want to sell to white supremacist group KKK, do I really need to put up a sign stating that?

Let business owners and customers decide who they want to do business with. As long as no one is hurting anyone, I don't think we need government to step in.
[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post
06-02-2016, 02:55 PM

That reminds me of the "No Colored" signs there used to be in the U.S.

In fact, it's exactly like that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2016, 02:56 PM
(06-02-2016 02:51 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  

This is BY FAR the most sensible post I've read on this thread. Except I'm torn on the whole advertisement thing. Suppose I don't want to sell to white supremacist group KKK, do I really need to put up a sign stating that?

Let business owners and customers decide who they want to do business with. As long as no one is hurting anyone, I don't think we need government to step in.

So if you live in a community miles from any other community and the only gas station in town doesn't want to sell gas to you because you are atheist... that's okay with you?

Or the only grocery store refuses you or the only druggist refuses you medicine? Or the only ambulance service refuses to take your mother who's having a heart attack?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
06-02-2016, 02:57 PM
(06-02-2016 02:07 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  But.....how do you tell if a cake is gay?!

You can be pretty sure a fruit-bottom cake is gay.
http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/fruit-...5dba80c529

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-02-2016, 02:58 PM
(06-02-2016 02:51 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  

Nope. The public is the public.

[Image: whites-only-fountain.jpeg?w=1200]

[Image: gay-waterfountains-660x350-1413528166.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2016, 03:12 PM
[Image: KKK-asking-black-baker-for-wedding-cake.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Matt Finney's post
06-02-2016, 03:29 PM
(06-02-2016 02:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 02:51 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  This is BY FAR the most sensible post I've read on this thread. Except I'm torn on the whole advertisement thing. Suppose I don't want to sell to white supremacist group KKK, do I really need to put up a sign stating that?

So if you live in a community miles from any other community and the only gas station in town doesn't want to sell gas to you because you are atheist... that's okay with you?

Or the only grocery store refuses you or the only druggist refuses you medicine? Or the only ambulance service refuses to take your mother who's having a heart attack?

Suppose that gas station owner wants to close down his business. Should he be forced to remain open for my convenience? In your opinion, should the government require a certain number of gas stations in a given geographical area? Should they make him stay open against his will?

As far as ambulance services go..... I could support mandates that require them to treat everyone. As far as privately owned businesses that no one HAS to shop from.....let freedom ring!