Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2016, 03:31 PM
RE: Forcing christian bakers to bake gay cakes is wrong
(06-02-2016 03:12 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  [Image: KKK-asking-black-baker-for-wedding-cake.jpg]

Sounds fine. Take the one on the left and enjoy your cake.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Oh for crying out loud. Let them eat cake.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-02-2016, 03:43 PM
(06-02-2016 02:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 02:51 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  This is BY FAR the most sensible post I've read on this thread. Except I'm torn on the whole advertisement thing. Suppose I don't want to sell to white supremacist group KKK, do I really need to put up a sign stating that?

Let business owners and customers decide who they want to do business with. As long as no one is hurting anyone, I don't think we need government to step in.

Nope. The public is the public.

[Image: whites-only-fountain.jpeg?w=1200]

[Image: gay-waterfountains-660x350-1413528166.jpg]

Agreed. Public places and facilities (post office, government buildings, parks, schools, etc.) no discrimination.

But regarding privately owned business, it would be my preference to allow them to choose who they do business with.

Should a woman (who runs a massage parlor) be forced to give a massage to the man convicted of raping her? (we'll assume the guy is paroled).

Let people choose. The market is equipped to work this kind of shit out.
06-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Stop the cake talk.

I want cake...don't give a shit if it's gay or not.

All I think of is buttercreme and fluffy buttery cake. Drooling

Omfg....you guys all suck. Tongue

No, low carb diets just suck. Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-02-2016, 03:49 PM
(06-02-2016 03:29 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 02:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  So if you live in a community miles from any other community and the only gas station in town doesn't want to sell gas to you because you are atheist... that's okay with you?

Or the only grocery store refuses you or the only druggist refuses you medicine? Or the only ambulance service refuses to take your mother who's having a heart attack?

Suppose that gas station owner wants to close down his business. Should he be forced to remain open for my convenience? In your opinion, should the government require a certain number of gas stations in a given geographical area? Should they make him stay open against his will?

As far as ambulance services go..... I could support mandates that require them to treat everyone. As far as privately owned businesses that no one HAS to shop from.....let freedom ring!

Lucky for us discrimination is illegal.

When you open a business for the public you agree to the laws governing that business. Those laws include non-discrimination so if you discriminate, you are breaking the law and are a criminal.

No one forces you to open a public business so if you don't want to comply, you have the right to do something else. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
06-02-2016, 03:50 PM
(06-02-2016 03:43 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 02:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nope. The public is the public.

[Image: whites-only-fountain.jpeg?w=1200]

[Image: gay-waterfountains-660x350-1413528166.jpg]

Agreed. Public places and facilities (post office, government buildings, parks, schools, etc.) no discrimination.

But regarding privately owned business, it would be my preference to allow them to choose who they do business with.

Should a woman (who runs a massage parlor) be forced to give a massage to the man convicted of raping her? (we'll assume the guy is paroled).

Except when it's not.

In some areas there is only one place that does for example, wedding cakes.

So if they don't want to put two brides on the cake or two grooms, they should have the right to tell their customers to suck it?

What if the florist refused to sell you flowers because you were buying them for a wife or girlfriend and not your gay lover/spouse) and forced you to drive 50 miles out of your way to purchase elsewhere?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-02-2016, 03:52 PM
[Image: BESoxBoCEAA6kdT.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
06-02-2016, 03:56 PM
(06-02-2016 03:49 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 03:29 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Suppose that gas station owner wants to close down his business. Should he be forced to remain open for my convenience? In your opinion, should the government require a certain number of gas stations in a given geographical area? Should they make him stay open against his will?

As far as ambulance services go..... I could support mandates that require them to treat everyone. As far as privately owned businesses that no one HAS to shop from.....let freedom ring!

Lucky for us discrimination is illegal.

When you open a business for the public you agree to the laws governing that business. Those laws include non-discrimination so if you discriminate, you are breaking the law and are a criminal.

No one forces you to open a public business so if you don't want to comply, you have the right to do something else. Smile

Do you think that restaurants should be allowed to refuse customers with body odor?
06-02-2016, 03:59 PM
(06-02-2016 03:56 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 03:49 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Lucky for us discrimination is illegal.

Do you think that restaurants should be allowed to refuse customers with body odor?

Speaking of gay...

When I saw Queen in concert, the guy next to me stank of body odour.

I think I recall him better than the concert! Weeping

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-02-2016, 04:00 PM
(06-02-2016 03:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 03:43 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Agreed. Public places and facilities (post office, government buildings, parks, schools, etc.) no discrimination.

Except when it's not.

In some areas there is only one place that does for example, wedding cakes.

So if they don't want to put two brides on the cake or two grooms, they should have the right to tell their customers to suck it?

What if the florist refused to sell you flowers because you were buying them for a wife or girlfriend and not your gay lover/spouse) and forced you to drive 50 miles out of your way to purchase elsewhere?

I'd be shit out of luck.

What if the guy that runs the florist shop dies from a heart attack? Perhaps if I didn't want to drive 50 miles, I shouldn't have picked a location that only has one store within 50 miles.....

Part of living in a rural area I guess.