Forex anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Forex
Anyone a Foreign Currency trader in here? There has to be at least ONE in TTA.

Anyways, I've been doing some schooling here at babypips to learn how to trade the currency market.
If there's anyone here that knows what I'm talking about, I'm interested in your thoughts on it!

And here's where I'm doing my schooling (it's free, also btw):
http://www.babypips.com

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: Forex
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rex-anyone

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
16-07-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: Forex anyone?
Threads merged.

There is a search function Wink

16-07-2015, 10:21 AM
The Euro/$ seems to be relentless dropping now, post "agreement". It popped up for a few minutes after the US job numbers this AM, then went back down, then the short-covering took over. All the good moves happen when the US is sleeping. Sad

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-07-2015, 02:13 PM
USD/CAD still paying me but USD/TRY really got me nervous.

[Image: CDXisqy.png]

I'm thinking another two days of this crap and I'll cut my losses.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
16-07-2015, 09:54 PM
(14-07-2015 10:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not sure if anyone mentioned it here so far, but you can't trade without at least being aware of the weeks "economic calendar". All the major economic news releases in the big currencies countries are set on a calendar .. the biggest market mover has traditionally been the US unemployment monthly data release on the Friday it comes out. Muffers, click on the "research" tab on the FXCM demo platform, and from there go to "calendar" Then use the GMT clock and adjust it to your time zone, then set the filter to show just the events from the pairs you trade. Then also filter out all but the medium and high impact news releases. You need to know when those events are happening, and either be out when they happen, or use the news release to make quick moves. They move dramatically, sometimes VERY dramatically especially if the news is a disappointment .... perfect time for a quick short (sell) trade.

Yea I've been following that calendar. Pretty excited for the 7th actually, see the markets react live to the NFP.

Doing well BlackMason, pity those weren't real dollars. (well, except for the TRY trade).

Got a phonecall from FXCM just before. So passive aggressive pushy.
I think it could be paraphrased as "when are you going to invest real money, how much and how can we get you to invest real money faster and how can we get you to invest more?" But in a completely friendly polite way. But also in a bullshit way like "the more money you invest the higher your chances are of success. We found that only 21% of investors who invest less than a thousand dollars actually make money, so the more money you invest the higher your chances are of success"
What a load of shit! Only 21% make money because they're amateurs not because they invested little amount of money... They either leveraged too high or they just didn't know what they were doing. Being successful has nothing to do with how much money I invest.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-07-2015, 11:59 AM
It's finally over. I'm out of my Usd/Cad trade after 4 weeks in that market. I entered on 30 June and I leave on 28 July. Here is the highlight.

The peak and glory days of this past Friday:

[Image: IpXxgEg.png]

That was so much money!!! I was hoping to get out with 200k but today's negative consumer confidence figure ended the 4 week run for me. I ended up leaving with:

[Image: 6pflJhx.png]

Not too bad considering I did nothing for 4 weeks. It's the better part of 125k after all commission. Also notice that I entered 9 contracts of which 3 were losers thanks to the damn consumer confidence. I leave with a hefty profit so I've got a smile on my face.

30-07-2015, 12:27 PM
I like the news feed of the right side of this :

http://forex.tradingcharts.com/charts/in...mit=Submit

The news-related drop (in the Euro/$) this AM was so obvious and like picking up money off the sidewalk.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-07-2015, 03:27 PM
I use the http://dailyfx.com/calendar for news. I've got 3 trades in right now and they've all closed the day in profit. I'm short NZD/CAD, EUR/SEK (Swedish Krona) and EUR/AUD.

We shall see what happens.

24-08-2015, 07:05 AM
(30-07-2015 12:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I like the news feed of the right side of this :

http://forex.tradingcharts.com/charts/in...mit=Submit

The news-related drop (in the Euro/$) this AM was so obvious and like picking up money off the sidewalk.

Woooo hoooo. A wild ride last couple days. Drooling
Tongue