Forget Coffins! Here's an interesting new idea.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: Forget Coffins! Here's an interesting new idea.
(21-03-2015 09:51 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I have decided! Before I die, I will preserve my consciousness onto a computer and with the empty husk of a body I leave behind, I will leave it in a burial pod!
My mind and consiousness transfered and preserved forever in cyber space and my body will return to nature as a tree!

Maybe I will be able to get my mind into a mobile robotic brain and visit my Tree!

Wouldn't THAT be something!?

How will you work around the problem of continuity? The computer that has a working copy of your brain won't be you. You will still live and die as a man. Then when you're gone, people will be able to have conversations with a computer that thinks like you... And you'll know none of it.

Unless... You preserve your continuity in the transfer. The only way I see this happening is by replacing your own brain bit by bit while still conscious. For example: nanobots that replace the function of each brain cell, and are either injected into the body in large amounts, or are capable of breaking down the old cell they replaced, and building a new nanobot to take the next cell... Eventually you'll be an immortal robot, and will still be you, retaining full continuity throughout the process.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2015, 03:17 AM
(22-03-2015 01:03 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Unless... You preserve your continuity in the transfer. The only way I see this happening is by replacing your own brain bit by bit while still conscious. For example: nanobots that replace the function of each brain cell, and are either injected into the body in large amounts, or are capable of breaking down the old cell they replaced, and building a new nanobot to take the next cell... Eventually you'll be an immortal robot, and will still be you, retaining full continuity throughout the process.

[Image: d7f2e6d71155b5e067f4f72abd02f31569e99de7...be4d75.jpg]

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
22-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Why do I find it so scary that one day I might be walking in a forest full of trees feeding on dead people?