Forget Rational Skepticism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM

Forget Rational Skepticism
The forum called rational skepticism is a joke. I was there for less than a month and then banned. In that time, they wouldn't let me post anything but one post. If I tried posting anything else, it was all combined into that one post--and as usual, that one post was the only one anyone gave a damn about so it got nearly 8500 hits and over 900 responses.

I tried my best to start a debate, but the typical tactics started: The atheists would be rude and insulting and if I said anything at all back, I was warned. I started a debate with the main moderator, and I guess he didn't like what I had to say so he banned me--or his agent did. Unsure

They say it's a one-week suspension, but I'm not going back. This forum is as much as I can handle, and it has true free-speech (-spam, -abuse).

I notice in forums like Rational Skepticism and Raving Atheists that it's always the dummies that gravitate to those groups, rude, crude assholes. It's no different with Christians. They ban from their forums if you so much as ask the wrong question. It's ridiculous how frightened people are of what they believe, or frightened that it will slip away.

Personally, obviously, I don't give a damn if I believe today what I believed yesterday or if my mind changes tomorrow. A search for the truth is a search, not a platform. I don't maintain my faith--I actually believe. I've tried not to believe and it just doesn't work. No

I believe God exists. I believe Jesus Christ is the best revelation we have that we can use regarding God. I've tried everything else and I keep coming back.
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
RE: Forget Rational Skepticism
RS is an old, hidebound forum. That's what happens. Groups become a self-congratulating circle-jerk, tolerating outsiders only to the extent of their political alliance. Hasn't happened here, yet, because there's so many assholes. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
You have to be pretty fucking off-the-wall to get banned here. Consider

I mean, just look at the cast of characters. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-11-2012, 08:35 PM
(03-11-2012 08:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have to be pretty fucking off-the-wall to get banned here. Consider

I mean, just look at the cast of characters. Drinking Beverage
Oh, my yes! We have everything from deranged Christians that call the bible a pagan abomination, to Cantor, who needs no description, to a middle-aged, cross-dressing sailor whore, and we can't leave out THE paranoia that is I and I. I could go on, but I needn't to, so I shan't.

Bet non-native English speakers are scratching their heads at that last bit Smile

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post