Form community with like-minded people.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Form community with like-minded people.
Hi there. i am interested in forming a new online circle of friends through social media etc that I can keep separate from my existing community of friends, so i can be more open about my atheistic thoughts and not be concerned about any repercussions.
I have no problems speaking about it with friends and family who are mostly not very religious anyway, but I would hate for a Facebook rant or something like that to create any issues that may negatively effect my family or the family business in any way.
I may be being a bit paranoid but I don't want to take any chances.
As a creative, artistic kind of person I want to be able to be very public in expressing ideas through my music etc and communicating with other creative or like minded people who are also messengers of reality, science and reason. Thumbsup
Send me an email or something, it would be great to hear from some people out there!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like sydarthur7's post
14-03-2017, 08:41 AM
RE: Form community with like-minded people.
Welcome.

You can rant away here and we like music, too. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-03-2017, 08:45 AM
(14-03-2017 08:25 AM)sydarthur7 Wrote:  Hi there. i am interested in forming a new online circle of friends through social media etc that I can keep separate from my existing community of friends, so i can be more open about my atheistic thoughts and not be concerned about any repercussions.
I have no problems speaking about it with friends and family who are mostly not very religious anyway, but I would hate for a Facebook rant or something like that to create any issues that may negatively effect my family or the family business in any way.
I may be being a bit paranoid but I don't want to take any chances.
As a creative, artistic kind of person I want to be able to be very public in expressing ideas through my music etc and communicating with other creative or like minded people who are also messengers of reality, science and reason. Thumbsup
Send me an email or something, it would be great to hear from some people out there!

Sounds like you've come to the right place then. I'll be happy to be your friend. Welcome Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
14-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Lots of us come here for that reason.

Frankly, I did, and then stopped going to Facebook because my religious-nutbag family got worse with the rise of the Trump-Pence theocrats. Angry

So now I just stop in here to restore my sanity... and avoid FB to maintain my sanity!

Welcome to TTA. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-03-2017, 09:05 AM
Hello! Big Grin

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
14-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
14-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Hi! This is the right place. Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
14-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Well Sydarthur7, you may have just stumbled into your monkey house.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post