Formatting issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Formatting issues
Lately I've been having problems formatting posts that contain quotes, especially if I'm copying and pasting text from an outside source. The line spacing and fonts can go crazy, and it takes a lot of effort to get things to look right. I don't remember that being the case before. Did something change recently, or is the problem on my end? And has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
22-05-2012, 01:16 PM
RE: Formatting issues
Are you using Firefox ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

22-05-2012, 01:20 PM
If when you reply you use the source tab instead of the editor tab, you can sort out the issues much easier. When you paste into editor it tries to preserve the formatting from wherever you copied the text, and that can easily go haywire. Pasting into source just pastes the plain text and you can use tags like "[.quote]" ... "[/.quote]" quite happily to control how the post looks.

In short, use the source, Luke Wink
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
22-05-2012, 01:22 PM
sorry for the weird looking stuff around my quoty things there - was trying to get the editor *not* to recognize them as tags - pretty sure there's a tag for that - probably [verbatim] ... [/verbatim] or something but I'm too lazy to find out...
22-05-2012, 01:23 PM
What morondog said- use the source tab. It's much easier for any quote managing. It's basically the same editor as before the changes.

(22-05-2012 01:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  sorry for the weird looking stuff around my quoty things there - was trying to get the editor *not* to recognize them as tags - pretty sure there's a tag for that - probably [verbatim] ... [/verbatim] or something but I'm too lazy to find out...

Use the code tag for that:

Code:
[code]

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
22-05-2012, 01:40 PM
You guys are awesome!

So far as I know nothin has changed recently but I think peterkin was having formatting issues as well and I saw one of the intro posts sort of reformatted itself. Not sure why. Kind of odd.

I have yet to have had any issues and I was running Firefox up until recently when I switched back to chrome. Until we sort it out please do use the source function. It should help keep shit sorted for now.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
22-05-2012, 02:21 PM
I had these formatting errors as well when pasting things.
By now I got used to the editor but I like the source tab more!
Thanks for clearing why things looks weird lately

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
22-05-2012, 05:35 PM
(22-05-2012 01:40 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You guys are awesome!

I couldn't agree more. You guys ARE awesome! Bowing Thanks, everybody!!! Ol' Sherlock here never even noticed there WAS a Source tab. Now I'll use it exclusively.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
24-05-2012, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 12:37 AM by Filox.)
OK, what the hell? Who was playing with the forum yesterday?

I wanted to make a new thread about the monstrosity's of the church and when I wrote everything, translated from Croatian to English I saw (or actually didn't saw) that there was no POST button. So all could do is to write the post and then look at it, because there is no POST NEW THREAD button anywhere to be found.

Anyone?

And where the hell did the shout box (chat window) go? What are you doing to us?

Did you change anything so that my web-filter here at work is now blocking some content like "post new thread" button and chat box?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-05-2012, 12:51 AM
I figured it out.

You made a mess with this new black line on the bottom of the forum, the one that says: Contact us, TheThinkingAtheist - home, Return to Top, Mobile Version, RSS Syndication and Help with the language option.

Well, this bottom line covers the buttons I need, so I have to zoom out my page with Ctrl+scroll to make them visible.

Maybe it is because of the 17'' LCD monitor and the resolution it uses, but someone should check the problem and go back to the yesterdays edition.

Glad to be of service.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson