Formatting issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2012, 02:38 AM
RE: Formatting issues
(24-05-2012 12:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  I figured it out.

You made a mess with this new black line on the bottom of the forum, the one that says: Contact us, TheThinkingAtheist - home, Return to Top, Mobile Version, RSS Syndication and Help with the language option.

Well, this bottom line covers the buttons I need, so I have to zoom out my page with Ctrl+scroll to make them visible.

Maybe it is because of the 17'' LCD monitor and the resolution it uses, but someone should check the problem and go back to the yesterdays edition.

Glad to be of service.
Goddam Filox... Take a chill pill, or smoke up... Smokin

The forum is in transition and it isn't finished. Had to go shopping and cook dinner for 5 people so... an angry Filox comes in a long line behind hungry family members.

People have requested shoutbox changes.. eg: making it follow you around as you navigate the forum. I'm going to add an icon to the fixed bar that enables and disables the shoutbox. The setting will be stored in a the cookie and remembered as people move around the site.

The bar will remain fixed at the bottom of the site and I will have more time to shrink and it improve later. I just patched it so there shouldn't be any important stuff hiding behind it from now on.

Shoutbox will stay disabled for now until I have time to change some of the code.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm always angry!

Smile

No, I just talk like that, I'm not angry, just confused. I think this black line and the blue line below the black one is covering precious space of the forum, why do they need to be floating above everything else, isn't it more logical to keep them as a part of the page, just to be at the bottom. You know, classic style?

Anyway, it's good, it is only important to know what is going on.

Thanx and go cook, don't let me distress you.

Tongue

P.S.

What are you cooking?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-05-2012, 03:13 AM
It's been improved it so it's only using 38 pixels screen space. That should be fine. Now I'll add the icon/control for shoutbox to that bar.

I actually think it's better now cos people can use the "return to top" link no matter where in the page they happen to be. Among other future uses.

I cooked a cross between tuna mournay and stirfry. Everyone loved it so it's all good. Could add it to the recipes thread eventually.

[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
24-05-2012, 03:15 AM
It's better now.

Filox approves this.

You are clear to proceed, sir.

-Hunter S. Thompson
24-05-2012, 08:01 AM
well here at work, the 38 pixel shouldn't be a problem because my screen is as big as 3 open laptops here, but at home I have a normal laptop screen I even hide my taskbars at home because every pixel counts. Not sure if I like this new feature, yet.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2012, 08:08 AM
It could be a problem for all those who have 10.1'' laptops... I have some ideas, will tell them to Deep, when I get the chance, so maybe he will like it, maybe not.

-Hunter S. Thompson
24-05-2012, 08:20 AM
What I could do is make it ghosty-transparent while your mouse isn't on it. As soon as the mouse pointer hovers over the bar it stops being see-through.

This way you can read what's underneath it.

[+] 4 users Like DeepThought's post
24-05-2012, 10:10 AM
(22-05-2012 05:35 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(22-05-2012 01:40 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You guys are awesome!

I couldn't agree more. You guys ARE awesome! Bowing Thanks, everybody!!! Ol' Sherlock here never even noticed there WAS a Source tab. Now I'll use it exclusively.

Holy crap! I had NO IDEA ... SOURCE TAB!!! Bowing THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Bowing

Blink How have I managed to make it this far in life?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
24-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Is there anyway you could add an option to hide the bar so i don't see it constantly?. Its kind of annoying.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
24-05-2012, 11:01 AM
This isn't bad, when it is transparent it blends in and you hardly notice it. What I would find useful is that we could have this link:

The Thinking Atheist Forum › General Discussion › Issues, Suggestions and Comments

Formatting issues

on the bottom of the page as it is on the top. I constantly keep scrolling back to that link to move around directories. Who knows, maybe other do this and aren't even aware? Just a thought...

-Hunter S. Thompson