Former Atheist
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Former Atheist
In your rules:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-Behavior

you claim to allow free speech. From experience, I find that hard to believe. Atheists hate free speech. So let's see how long it takes for me to be banned here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Former Atheist
I'm sorely tempted to ban right now ... because irony.

But no, not yet.

Welcome to our humble abode. Please wipe your shoes and let me take your coat. It must be bitter and cold out there.

Also, with irony, you've made your introduction is a section where freedom of expression is slightly curtailed, for politeness' sake.

Wink

Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
05-03-2017, 09:16 PM
If you have something interesting to contribute, I'll be looking forward to it. Welcome.
05-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Welcome.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
05-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Hi FSchmidt - glad to have you here. We're a global community so you're sure to encounter lots of discussion with lots of perspectives. Jump right in.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-03-2017, 09:40 PM
I'm pretty sure the introduction section is for telling us about you, not telling us about us.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 21 users Like Robvalue's post
05-03-2017, 09:51 PM
I generally use "Welcome", but the tenor of your post leads me to use "Hello!". Your time here will be good or bad, depending on your contribution and attitude, just like in the real world. Free speech is free to a point, just like anywhere else. Enjoy your time, as you see fit. Be sure to read the rules and regs about posting! Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-03-2017, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 11:27 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(removed by author for violation of introductions guidelines)

Edit: I believe in free speech, but I also think the moderators have every right to lay down guidelines.
[+] 7 users Like Thoreauvian's post
05-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Welcome. A little tip if I may, generalizing Atheist usually does not work out.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
05-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Welcome. Have fun here. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Thread Closed