Former Atheist wakes up to the truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Former Atheist wakes up to the truth
One of the biggest lessons I learned in the conversion process, maybe the biggest lesson I learned in my life, was that the phrase “God is Love” is meant to be taken literally: God is love. God = Love. It’s not just some characteristic, but his essence. To paraphrase the Cynical Christian’s recent post on a similar subject, when we say “God is love,” we’re not describing what God is, we’re describing what love is — love is God.

http://www.conversiondiary.com/2008/03/l...rsion.html

All of us want love and want to know we ARE loved unconditionally. This part of our core/soul testifies to GOD's existence because GOD loves us unconditionally. Nothing we do can make HIM not love us because it's not HIS nature. As the woman stated above: GOD is LOVE, LOVE is GOD. It doesn't matter if we did a lot of good works one day, but sinned a lot the next because GOD's love doesn't change depending on our behaviour. We of course WANT to do the right things according to HIS will because we love HIM for loving us first, but if we have a bad day, GOD's love is still as strong as ever toward us. This is why HE sent CHRIST to die for us, so that we can see just how great HIS love for us truly is. HE sent HIS only begotten son to atone for our sins...that's how much HE loves us! Be happy and rejoice in that knowledge!

~ Miss Meng
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Meng's post
11-03-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: Former Atheist wakes up to the truth
Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Why does cancer exist?
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
11-03-2014, 06:53 PM
How many threads constitute spamming?

Anjele wants to know.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
God loves us the same way a guy bangs a broad, leaves her within 9 months of banging her, then 30 years later tries to make up for lost time after the kid makes it big in Hollywood, except the dad actually exists.
[+] 3 users Like DemonicLemon's post
I also know how to copy/paste
"Leviticus 20:23 - "And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them."

Leviticus 26:30 - "And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you."

Deuteronomy 32:19 - "And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters."

Psalm 5:5 - "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."

Psalm 5:6 - "Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man."

Psalm 10:3 - "For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth."

Psalm 11:5 - "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."

Psalm 53:5 - "There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them."

Psalm 73:20 - "As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image."

Psalm 78:59 - "When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:"

Psalm 106:40 - "Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance."

Proverbs 6:16-19 - "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Proverbs 22:14 - "The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein."

Lamentations 2:6 - "And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest."

Hosea 9:15 - "All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters."

Zechariah 11:8 - "Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me."

Malachi 1:3 - "And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."

Romans 9:13 - "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

You're welcome
~Lordy

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 6 users Like Losty's post
Religionists have been redefining their gods for centuries.

But this time ... I'm convinced.

Praise be to Love.

SHE is Love

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
11-03-2014, 06:56 PM
OMgiddy aunt. Seriously? I'm with Anjele on this. When is it spam?
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-03-2014, 06:57 PM
"III. Where is “God Loves Everyone” Found in the Bible? - Nowhere!
Have you ever wondered how many times “God loves everyone” is found in the Bible – 20, 50, 100, 200? Have you ever wondered if it appears in the New Testament or Old Testament or both? Have you ever wondered who said these words or who they are attributable to? Have you ever wondered how many times Jesus said “God loves everyone?”
As a matter of uncontroverted fact the phrase “God loves everyone” never appears in the Bible. You can search from Genesis to Revelation, including looking in all 66 books, 1,189 chapters, 31,173 verses and 774,746 words and you will never find this phrase. Period. In other words, the most famous Christian notion of God that is repeated without measure or limit in this evil and adulterous generation is never found in the Bible."

You're welcome
~Lordy

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
11-03-2014, 06:57 PM
He didn't love the boys that he sent the "she" bear to kill. He also seemed to forget to love the innocents that he told his army to kill/rape. Oh, sorry, I almost forgot. He doesn't exist.
[+] 2 users Like Flowergurl's post