Former Atheist wakes up to the truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Former Atheist wakes up to the truth
Where the hell was god when I was being picked on?

Where was god when I felt like commiting suicide?

Where was god when I was failing in school?

Where was god when I need help?

The answer no where. You have become a slave to a religion, and they will use you to do there biding. Your god is not love your god is BULLSHITAngry

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
11-03-2014, 07:00 PM

Rolleyes

You know you sound like a blithering imbecile, right?

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
11-03-2014, 07:01 PM
(11-03-2014 06:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How many threads constitute spamming?

Anjele wants to know.

Clearly we should pray and fast in order to listen to God's voice so he can tell us the answer to that question. Rolleyes

Seriously though, it's a given that all of us want to be unconditionally loved despite our annoying little negative qualities. Just because you want to imagine someone exists to do that and really really want someone to do that for you doesn't mean their real. But some people need that "love" and fall back into pretending that such a being exists despite evidence that suggests otherwise because they think they need it to get through their day to day life. To each their own I suppose. But just saying, yes it's naturally to wanna be loved no matter what but it's not realistic for some magical being to exist just for that purpose especially if they're "the reason" stuff exists when there's science and whatnot that that's not the case. And if we can poof magical beings in reality, I'm going to Pyroland with Balloonicorn.

[Image: notagain.gif]
11-03-2014, 07:03 PM
(11-03-2014 06:59 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Where the hell was god when I was being picked on?

The answer no where. You have become a slave to a religion, and they will use you to do there biding. Your god is not love your god is BULLSHITAngry

He wants you to defeat your challenges by yourself too much help will make you too weak Wink
11-03-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm a little too bitter right now to be able to offer a coherent response to this "God is love" tripe.
11-03-2014, 07:16 PM
(11-03-2014 07:03 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 06:59 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Where the hell was god when I was being picked on?

He wants you to defeat your challenges by yourself too much help will make you too weak Wink

Ya that is how you control your slave easier, make them fell bad.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
11-03-2014, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 10:37 PM by Astreja.)
(11-03-2014 06:50 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  One of the biggest lessons I learned in the conversion process, maybe the biggest lesson I learned in my life, was that the phrase “God is Love” is meant to be taken literally: God is love. God = Love.

You're going to have to show your work, Miss Meng. You can state "God=God" or "Love=Love", but to do "God=Love" I'd like to see some actual values for "God" and "Love" to plug into the equation.

Quote:All of us want love and want to know we ARE loved unconditionally.

Not so. I'm perfectly okay with conditional love.

Quote:This is why HE sent CHRIST to die for us...

(The Springy Goddess sighs heavily and reaches over Her shoulder for Her Clue-By-Four™)

*BONK* No one dies in My place. Sacrifice rejected.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
11-03-2014, 10:28 PM
God -> Love -> Sent Jesus to die for us.
No logic whatsoever!
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
11-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Banned at AF.org for being an asshole so you wash up here.

I predict a short stay. There is much cross-pollination between the two boards.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
11-03-2014, 11:38 PM
(11-03-2014 06:50 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  One of the biggest lessons I learned in the conversion process, maybe the biggest lesson I learned in my life, was that the phrase “God is Love” is meant to be taken literally: God is love. God = Love. It’s not just some characteristic, but his essence. To paraphrase the Cynical Christian’s recent post on a similar subject, when we say “God is love,” we’re not describing what God is, we’re describing what love is — love is God.

http://www.conversiondiary.com/2008/03/l...rsion.html

All of us want love and want to know we ARE loved unconditionally. This part of our core/soul testifies to GOD's existence because GOD loves us unconditionally. Nothing we do can make HIM not love us because it's not HIS nature. As the woman stated above: GOD is LOVE, LOVE is GOD. It doesn't matter if we did a lot of good works one day, but sinned a lot the next because GOD's love doesn't change depending on our behaviour. We of course WANT to do the right things according to HIS will because we love HIM for loving us first, but if we have a bad day, GOD's love is still as strong as ever toward us. This is why HE sent CHRIST to die for us, so that we can see just how great HIS love for us truly is. HE sent HIS only begotten son to atone for our sins...that's how much HE loves us! Be happy and rejoice in that knowledge!

~ Miss Meng

[Image: bullshit_everywhere-e1345505471862.jpeg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post