Former Atheist wakes up to the truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Former Atheist wakes up to the truth
(11-03-2014 06:50 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  One of the biggest lessons I learned in the conversion process, maybe the biggest lesson I learned in my life, was that the phrase “God is Love” is meant to be taken literally: God is love. God = Love. It’s not just some characteristic, but his essence. To paraphrase the Cynical Christian’s recent post on a similar subject, when we say “God is love,” we’re not describing what God is, we’re describing what love is — love is God.

http://www.conversiondiary.com/2008/03/l...rsion.html

All of us want love and want to know we ARE loved unconditionally. This part of our core/soul testifies to GOD's existence because GOD loves us unconditionally. Nothing we do can make HIM not love us because it's not HIS nature. As the woman stated above: GOD is LOVE, LOVE is GOD. It doesn't matter if we did a lot of good works one day, but sinned a lot the next because GOD's love doesn't change depending on our behaviour. We of course WANT to do the right things according to HIS will because we love HIM for loving us first, but if we have a bad day, GOD's love is still as strong as ever toward us. This is why HE sent CHRIST to die for us, so that we can see just how great HIS love for us truly is. HE sent HIS only begotten son to atone for our sins...that's how much HE loves us! Be happy and rejoice in that knowledge!

~ Miss Meng

Great post.
Thanks for the link.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 12:47 AM
(11-03-2014 06:50 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  One of the biggest lessons I learned in the conversion process, maybe the biggest lesson I learned in my life, was that the phrase “God is Love” is meant to be taken literally: God is love. God = Love. It’s not just some characteristic, but his essence. To paraphrase the Cynical Christian’s recent post on a similar subject, when we say “God is love,” we’re not describing what God is, we’re describing what love is — love is God.

Where to begin...

At what point do we learn the lesson of what we are to take literally and what we are not? Why should the phrase "god is love" be taken literally? I was under the impression that god was a creative omnipotent being, not a human emotion. When was the last time you made god to your lover?

Since apparently we can confuse the meaning of words as a matter of course, "Miss Meng" is "Troll" and "Troll" is "Miss Meng".

God, I cringe when I read "conversion process". It sounds like what happens to the humans who are turned into cyber-men in Doctor Who.

Who are you preaching to exactly? The more I try to put myself in your place, the less I understand why you would bother spamming gospel lessons to a bunch of Atheists. You couldn't possibly waste your time more effectively.

Quote:All of us want love and want to know we ARE loved unconditionally.

It is true that all humans beings desire love, but it always has conditions. Even marriage, when you break it down into basic parts, is an exchange of needs. They have entered into an agreement to provide one another with what they respectively want, until death do they part. Being loved unconditionally is a fantasy.

Peter Lanza, the father of the recently deceased serial murderer Adam Lanza, stated publicly that his son "could not have been more evil" and that he wished "he had never been born". I would imagine that murdering twenty innocent children and six faculty members at Sandy Hook Elementary violated a condition necessary for Adam to be loved by his father. Loving him unconditionally might even be potentially immoral.

Quote:This part of our core/soul testifies to GOD's existence because GOD loves us unconditionally.

Human nature and human thought proves nothing about the existence of god. I may as well say that because I ate toast this morning, god exists.

Since we humans require love, and fantasize about it being provided without condition, why are we not sustained by god's love alone? Babies left unattended and without affection, while being provided with ample food, consistently die. It seems that god's love is not as real as a mother's love, or any human contact for that matter.

Quote:Nothing we do can make HIM not love us because it's not HIS nature. As the woman stated above: GOD is LOVE, LOVE is GOD. It doesn't matter if we did a lot of good works one day, but sinned a lot the next because GOD's love doesn't change depending on our behaviour. We of course WANT to do the right things according to HIS will because we love HIM for loving us first, but if we have a bad day, GOD's love is still as strong as ever toward us.

Nothing you can do will make him not love you, but quite a number of things you might do could cause him to roast you alive for all eternity.

Of course, we ought not to worry about the consequences of our behavior, since god's love will remain. God loves everyone, including the pedophile priests who systematically raped and tortured defenseless and innocent children all over the world for decades. God loves the children too, but incidentally not enough to prevent the rape and torture to begin with. The pedophile priests are washed clean in the blood of Christ as if it never happened, and the children are left to the loving pastoral care of the church, which they have suffered such liberal doses of just recently. Never fear, god is love, even if it its rough and anal on occasion.

Quote:This is why HE sent CHRIST to die for us, so that we can see just how great HIS love for us truly is. HE sent HIS only begotten son to atone for our sins...that's how much HE loves us! Be happy and rejoice in that knowledge!

We ought to be happy that an omnipotent being decided to make his son a bloody revolting human sacrifice. What better way to show us he loves us, than to gut his kid ostentatiously on a hill. Then again, Abraham knows better than anyone that god has a thing for gutting children. Should we really be surprised?

Given that he is all powerful, and created the very fabric of reality, which includes the rules by which it functions, I suppose it would be too simple and not gory and entertaining enough just to pardon everyone. We are left with the sad and pathetic conclusion that he wanted to show off to us. Never mind the torture, Jesus will get over it.

~ Mr. Dark Phoenix

Yeah. I'm official and now you know it because I sign my name like a bad ass.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 2 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
12-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Lion lets debate.
12-03-2014, 12:54 AM
what and why
12-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Suddenly I'm getting dejavu...
12-03-2014, 04:56 AM

http://www.conversiondiary.com/2008/03/l...rsion.html

All of us want love and want to know we ARE loved unconditionally. This part of our core/soul testifies to GOD's existence because GOD loves us unconditionally. Nothing we do can make HIM not love us because it's not HIS nature. As the woman stated above: GOD is LOVE, LOVE is GOD. It doesn't matter if we did a lot of good works one day, but sinned a lot the next because GOD's love doesn't change depending on our behaviour. We of course WANT to do the right things according to HIS will because we love HIM for loving us first, but if we have a bad day, GOD's love is still as strong as ever toward us. This is why HE sent CHRIST to die for us, so that we can see just how great HIS love for us truly is. HE sent HIS only begotten son to atone for our sins...that's how much HE loves us! Be happy and rejoice in that knowledge!

~ Miss Meng

You know that thing where you said where atheists are dishonest in the other thread? It turns out, lots of theists lie to bolster their claims.

Also, for good measure:

[Image: Wharrgarbl.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-03-2014, 05:13 AM
God loves us so much that he created hell just in case we don't love him back.

What was that you said about "unconditional love" again...? Huh

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
12-03-2014, 05:19 AM
(12-03-2014 05:13 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  God loves us so much that he created hell just in case we don't love him back.

What was that you said about "unconditional love" again...? Huh

Means he loves you no matter in what conditions he is keeping you.
12-03-2014, 05:35 AM
[Image: spam_edited-1.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
20-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Former Atheist wakes up to the truth
God sucks. Jesus should of been like[Image: jyquja2a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Allah's post