Former Atheist
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 11:40 AM
RE: Former Atheist
(06-03-2017 12:58 AM)fschmidt Wrote:  Having been an Atheist most of my life, I think I have a fairly good idea what Atheists think.
Soooo... tell me what I think, what I really really think.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
06-03-2017, 11:49 AM
(06-03-2017 12:58 AM)fschmidt Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 12:46 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Many theists (Christians, mostly) come here thinking that they already know what atheists think, and proceed to tell us what that is.

Having been an Atheist most of my life, I think I have a fairly good idea what Atheists think.

Having been an asshole most of my life, I think I have a fairly good idea what assholes think.

#sigh
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-03-2017, 11:52 AM
(06-03-2017 11:40 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 12:58 AM)fschmidt Wrote:  Having been an Atheist most of my life, I think I have a fairly good idea what Atheists think.
Soooo... tell me what I think, what I really really think.

Noooo! Me first! Do me! Do me!
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
06-03-2017, 11:52 AM
The majority of the old Testament sucks cock and is horribly immoral unless you are into lame stories of talking donkeys infant murder & supermen who gain strength from the length of their hair. But in the spirit of this section welcome..... I think. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-03-2017, 12:09 PM
(06-03-2017 10:37 AM)fschmidt Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 05:35 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Why do you think atheists hate free speech? Unsure

Because I have been banned from every atheist forum that I have posted to.

When you are on the highway, and the radio says. "Be careful there is a ghost driver on higway xx", and you think "One? I see hundreds!". Did that ever happen to you?.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
06-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Quote:fschmidt Wrote:
In your rules...

...you claim to allow free speech. From experience, I find that hard to believe. Atheists hate free speech. So let's see how long it takes for me to be banned here.

(Bold is mine) Be very careful when making categorical statements you could end up choking on them.

In any case [Image: K8XXuiQ.gif?zoom=2]

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
06-03-2017, 01:48 PM
(06-03-2017 10:37 AM)fschmidt Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 05:35 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Why do you think atheists hate free speech? Unsure

Because I have been banned from every atheist forum that I have posted to.

Judging from this short thread alone, I'm gonna go out on limb and assume that you getting banned had little to do with free speech, even if that's what you tell yourself. You can discuss nearly any topic you want here. I bring up cannibalism and goat sex fairly regularly and haven't been banned. If you can bring up your supposedly controversial opinions without lacing your words with arrogance and a desire for confrontation, you might find people more willing to discuss those topics.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
06-03-2017, 02:19 PM
(06-03-2017 01:48 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 10:37 AM)fschmidt Wrote:  Because I have been banned from every atheist forum that I have posted to.

Judging from this short thread alone, I'm gonna go out on limb and assume that you getting banned had little to do with free speech, even if that's what you tell yourself. You can discuss nearly any topic you want here. I bring up cannibalism and goat sex fairly regularly and haven't been banned. If you can bring up your supposedly controversial opinions without lacing your words with arrogance and a desire for confrontation, you might find people more willing to discuss those topics.

Cannibalism Thumbsup

But...about that goat sex thing...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-03-2017, 02:22 PM
(06-03-2017 02:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 01:48 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Judging from this short thread alone, I'm gonna go out on limb and assume that you getting banned had little to do with free speech, even if that's what you tell yourself. You can discuss nearly any topic you want here. I bring up cannibalism and goat sex fairly regularly and haven't been banned. If you can bring up your supposedly controversial opinions without lacing your words with arrogance and a desire for confrontation, you might find people more willing to discuss those topics.

Cannibalism Thumbsup

He meant yaks. Yaks not goats. Just a harmless slip of the tongue, no biggie.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-03-2017, 02:31 PM
(06-03-2017 02:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 02:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Cannibalism Thumbsup

He meant yaks. Yaks not goats. Just a harmless slip of the tongue, no biggie.

Yes, of course, that makes it much more palatable.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
Thread Closed