Former Atheist
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: Former Atheist
(05-03-2017 08:56 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  In your rules:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-Behavior

you claim to allow free speech. From experience, I find that hard to believe. Atheists hate free speech. So let's see how long it takes for me to be banned here.

Do you always walk into a new place with a chip on your shoulder?

Be that as it may, welcome. Perhaps we will find some things to discuss. Wink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
06-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Welcome!

Free speech is very important to me,it's the only way to test my beliefs, listening to people that have a different opinion then me will either strengthen my convictions or weaken them... in both cases I will learn something new.

BTW have you meet Moms yet?...My gut tells me you and her might soon be buddies. Wink

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
06-03-2017, 06:42 PM
(06-03-2017 12:58 AM)fschmidt Wrote:  Having been an Atheist most of my life, I think I have a fairly good idea what Atheists think.

You -do- realize that not all atheists were cloned from Robert Ingersoll's DNA, right?
We are as diverse a group as any other.

Stereotyping is not usually the best way to endear yourself to a group you are seeking to join.

You may have a fairly good idea of what you thought as an alleged atheist, but you will doubtless learn that some of us have <gasp> different thoughts from what you were expecting. I do hope you're around long enough to find out. Wink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
06-03-2017, 06:43 PM
(06-03-2017 10:37 AM)fschmidt Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 05:35 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Why do you think atheists hate free speech? Unsure

Because I have been banned from every atheist forum that I have posted to.

The common denominator in this may just be you...just a thought.

[Image: aow4so.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
06-03-2017, 06:48 PM
I knew before I clicked! Why'd I click? Blink

Oh well. Dodgy Welcome, I guess. Hobo

07-03-2017, 09:19 AM
(06-03-2017 02:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 01:48 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Judging from this short thread alone, I'm gonna go out on limb and assume that you getting banned had little to do with free speech, even if that's what you tell yourself. You can discuss nearly any topic you want here. I bring up cannibalism and goat sex fairly regularly and haven't been banned. If you can bring up your supposedly controversial opinions without lacing your words with arrogance and a desire for confrontation, you might find people more willing to discuss those topics.

Cannibalism Thumbsup

But...about that goat sex thing...

I got told off for talking about goat sex Sad Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
07-03-2017, 09:35 AM
(07-03-2017 09:19 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 02:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Cannibalism Thumbsup

But...about that goat sex thing...

I got told off for talking about goat sex Sad Weeping

Jealousy. You should have offered to share.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-03-2017, 12:43 PM
(07-03-2017 09:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 09:19 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I got told off for talking about goat sex Sad Weeping

Jealousy. You should have offered to share.
I lost rep and everything, little did I know folks could be so sensitive. Sad
07-03-2017, 02:40 PM

you claim to allow free speech. From experience, I find that hard to believe. Atheists hate free speech. So let's see how long it takes for me to be banned here.

We hate stupid speech. Like the shit you say.

I'm sorry you were born a fool.

Blame your god.

Dipshit.

Talk all you want.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
07-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Former Atheist

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-Behavior

Atheists don't hate free speech, at least this one doesn't. What I object to are gratuitous insults, like your unfounded assertion about the imaginary superiority of male thinking over female thinking. When you make claims like that and refuse to back them up, it looks as if you are spoiling for a fight instead of being interested in a discussion.

For example, I think we could have had a nice conversation about your status as a "former atheist." In my experience those are rare. The few I've encountered who claimed to have been atheists turned out to be nothing of the sort. As twisted as your thinking gets with the bIblical exegesis, you don't appear to be overtly stupid, but it seems to me that you switched off your brain and are substituting insults and self-pity for reasoning. Too bad

But you might ask yourself and share with the rest of us why you are here in the first place. Is it your goal to be kicked off all atheist fora? Why would you want to do that? Were you kicked off the Amazon Atheist forum? If so, what was your screen name?
[+] 8 users Like Rachel's post
Thread Closed