Former Believers - Did You Ever Try To Rationalize The Concept Of Heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: Former Believers - Did You Ever Try To Rationalize The Concept Of Heaven?
Never thought about it. My mother believed in reincarnation and I took after her for a bit. By the time I was able to really consider life after death I pretty much instantly knew that you just die. Lights out, nobody home kind of thing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 10:34 PM
(05-07-2014 10:30 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Never thought about it. My mother believed in reincarnation and I took after her for a bit. By the time I was able to really consider life after death I pretty much instantly knew that you just die. Lights out, nobody home kind of thing.

I spent some time really trying to buy into the idea of reincarnation. Read a lot of things about it and wanted to believe it. I just couldn't get there.

When I gave up on being Catholic...couldn't get there either...I thought I HAD to believe in something - religious or spiritual. It was a relief to find out that I didn't have to after all.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-07-2014, 11:51 PM
(05-07-2014 10:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 10:30 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Never thought about it. My mother believed in reincarnation and I took after her for a bit. By the time I was able to really consider life after death I pretty much instantly knew that you just die. Lights out, nobody home kind of thing.

I spent some time really trying to buy into the idea of reincarnation. Read a lot of things about it and wanted to believe it. I just couldn't get there.

When I gave up on being Catholic...couldn't get there either...I thought I HAD to believe in something - religious or spiritual. It was a relief to find out that I didn't have to after all.

I find the idea pleasing, but no more plausible.