Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos pleads guilty in Mueller probe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos pleads guilty in Mueller probe
(30-10-2017 09:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-10-2017 09:42 AM)BnW Wrote:  Maybe. I'm not sure that's a good thing, though. Impeaching a president for being a douchebag us a bad precedent to set.

Dude, were you not alive in '98-'99? The Republicunts have already set the precedent.

Right, but unless you have something that will result in a conviction, it's just a waste of time. I would hope that the Democrats aren't vindictive enough to waste their time (and ours) now, just because the Republicans did it back then. But I'm probably too hopeful.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2017, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2017 12:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos pleads guilty in Mueller probe
(30-10-2017 12:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-10-2017 09:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude, were you not alive in '98-'99? The Republicunts have already set the precedent.

Right, but unless you have something that will result in a conviction, it's just a waste of time. I would hope that the Democrats aren't vindictive enough to waste their time (and ours) now, just because the Republicans did it back then. But I'm probably too hopeful.

Really? The Republicunts refused to even consider Obama's SCOTUS nominee and worked to obstruct his agenda at every turn. I would be disappointed in the Democraps if they didn't do exactly the same thing. If they don't, the Republicunts will just take advantage of any gestures at bipartisanship they make. Hell, they tried to pass Obamacare repeal on their own and now they're trying to pass tax reform completely on their own. When it inevitably fails like Obamacare repeal did and they realize they can't pass anything without Democrap support, if I were the Dems I wouldn't do anything at all to help. It's not like the bad blood is from ancient history but more like yesterday and today. Refusing to be complicit is not the same thing as being obstructionist.

And I don't think impeachment would be a waste of time if it brought all of the Trump family dirty laundry to light.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-10-2017, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2017 12:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
Apparently Mueller flipped the dude in July and has been cooperating since. Wanna bet Trump don't tweet about this.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-10-2017, 02:32 PM
It's 4:30 EST and not a tweet on this one. That is interesting.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
30-10-2017, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2017 03:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-10-2017 02:32 PM)BnW Wrote:  It's 4:30 EST and not a tweet on this one. That is interesting.

His plea deal indicates that he is a "proactive cooperator" which from my considerable legal experience from watching every damn episode of every version of Law and Order means dude's effectively been wearing a wire for Mueller since July. Everyone who had any contact with him since July is now shitting their pants. Trump ain't tweeting because he is only just now realizing that Mueller probably has the entire story at this point and is now just exerting leverage to build an airtight, indefensible case. Look at Manafort's indictment, any defense attorney worth their salt knows the gig is up and if Manafort don't cooperate there are even more charges coming and he will die in prison.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Stay tuned for the next indictment, which very well could be this guy:

Corey Lewandowski

[Image: Corey_Lewandowski_2017-08-03.jpg]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Lewandowski

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
30-10-2017, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2017 03:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-10-2017 02:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  His plea deal indicates that he is a "proactive cooperator" which from my considerable legal experience from watching every damn episode of every version of Law and Order means dude's effectively been wearing a wire for Mueller since July. Everyone who had any contact with him since July is now shitting their pants. Trump ain't tweeting because he is only just now realizing that Mueller probably has the entire story at this point and is now just exerting leverage to build an airtight, indefensible case. Look at Manafort's indictment, any defense attorney worth their salt knows the gig is up and if Manafort don't cooperate there are even more charges coming and he will die in prison.

It gets even better. Apparently the senior campaign advisor Papadapolous implicated in sharing emails about the Russian hacking of emails was Manafort. Mueller just sent a very clear message to Manafort/Gates that the money laundering is only the start of the charges they are prepared to bring.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-10-2017, 04:26 PM
The rats are leaving the sinking ship...either by choice or by force.

When Trumpty Dumpty falls he will fall alone...with just LDH frantically trying to lie, I mean tie, the pieces back together.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-10-2017, 04:54 PM
(30-10-2017 02:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-10-2017 02:32 PM)BnW Wrote:  It's 4:30 EST and not a tweet on this one. That is interesting.

His plea deal indicates that he is a "proactive cooperator" which from my considerable legal experience from watching every damn episode of every version of Law and Order means dude's effectively been wearing a wire for Mueller since July. Everyone who had any contact with him since July is now shitting their pants. Trump ain't tweeting because he is only just now realizing that Mueller probably has the entire story at this point and is now just exerting leverage to build an airtight, indefensible case. Look at Manafort's indictment, any defense attorney worth their salt knows the gig is up and if Manafort don't cooperate there are even more charges coming and he will die in prison.

You need to watch a little less Law and Order.

That said, the Feds have an over 90% conviction rate. They tell you that's because they are the best, but I think it's because they are a bunch of pussies who only ever prosecute people who they have a 90% chance of convicting. But, a federal indictment is no small matter and the people facing those indictments likely needed a change of underwear when they found out.

I still think this doesn't touch Trump directly, but it may not have to. Anything that disrupts his agenda and makes him more toxic is just spiffy with me. I actually prefer that he stay in office and be completely hamstrung. That, to me, is the optimal outcome.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-10-2017, 05:01 PM
(30-10-2017 04:54 PM)BnW Wrote:  You need to watch a little less Law and Order.

Why? It looks to me like that is exactly what a "proactive cooperator" means.

The term “proactive cooperation” is generally understood to mean that the defendant will engage in some type of undercover work on behalf of the Government, such as wearing a wire and/or meeting face to face with persons suspected of involvement in criminal activity. This term is in contrast with “non-proactive cooperation” which is generally understood to mean that the defendant will provide historical information to the Government and/or agrees to testify in court proceedings against persons alleged to have committed criminal conduct." - https://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents/...D0177P.pdf

#sigh