Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos pleads guilty in Mueller probe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos pleads guilty in Mueller probe
(30-10-2017 07:07 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Impeaching Clinton did not help the GOP any, so there may not be any payoff to do the same for Trump just for his douchebaggery.

Not entirely. It allowed them to call Clinton "a rapist" when the tapes came out about Trump bragging about groping women. They just didn't realize they were paving the way to win what should have been an unwinnable election 18 years down the road.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos pleads guilty in Mueller probe
(30-10-2017 05:36 PM)BnW Wrote:  I understand the concept but sometimes they just go after someone because they have the evidence to support the case and not to use them as leverage against others.

In this particular instance, however, I would respectfully disagree. They kept his indictment and guilty plea under wraps for months for a reason. And that reason was to use him as a cooperating witness. There’d be no other reason to wait to reveal this guilty plea. They used him as much as they could for as long as they needed and then carefully let the cat out of the bag after Trump reacted to the Manafort news.

This is the first of many shoes dropping. Mueller is infallible thus far.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post