Former fundie now an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2017, 05:30 PM
RE: Former fundie now an atheist
Hi! I wish I'd had the gumption to get kicked out of school. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2017, 05:34 PM
(05-08-2017 05:25 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 05:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Welcome.

Being expelled from a xtian school for ANY reason is sort of like being thrown out of prison.......

Good trick, if you ask me.....

Big Grin
It happened to me. I got kicked out of a boarding school and told my father I was glad it happened that way I could go to a real school. He was pissed.

My parents sent my brother to the Christian boarding school when the cops caught him selling acid. It quadrupled my brother's market. Did you know you can smuggle acid in postage stamps? Christian boarding school didn't.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-08-2017, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 08:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-08-2017 05:30 PM)julep Wrote:  Hi! I wish I'd had the gumption to get kicked out of school. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hello.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-08-2017, 01:42 PM
(04-08-2017 10:16 PM)Cogito Ergo Sum Wrote:  I eventually was expelled from my Christian school

All I need to know.

Welcome to TTA. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
08-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Hi, welcome to TTA! Many of us have stories of rejection by religious folks on the grounds of our lack of faith, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sucks. :/

You're in a good place now though!
08-08-2017, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry, though not exactly surprised, that they were unable to let you be a Christian and also openly gay.

Welcome. You can be and believe whatever the fuck you want around here! Live your truth!
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
08-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Welcome! It's good to have you here. I hope we can hear more from you soon Smile.

" That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
[+] 1 user Likes goldenarm's post