Poll: What do you think about this stuff?
Screw you! Why can't you just leave the forum alone? Your such a pain in the ass!
I want to give feedback as the new forum template is being developed.
I like the ads where they are right now.
I'd rather just have an ad in the new location you suggested. The current banner location is ugly!
Thanks DeepThought, I'd buy you dinner and show you a good time if I was available. Yep.. I had a spare poll option..
[Show Results]

Forum Ad Banner - and upcoming changes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Forum Ad Banner - and upcoming changes
I've been thinking how to make the site look better - and more user friendly. I was never fond of the old forum theme and I didn't like that banner layout either, but I stuck with it so far.

I was thinking of removing ads on all forum pages except for the post view page, which is what you are seeing now if you are reading this. Stark Raving and I have talked about it and decided to go with the ads since they help pay for the site and running of TTA.

I was thinking I'd place an artificial post between the first and second post of each page that would contain a banner ad, and be labeled 'advertisement'.
I may put a couple in other locations but I haven't decided yet. The last thing i'd want is to make it obnoxious.

Now - onto the other stuff, changes:
1. I'm going to update the forum color scheme to bring it inline with the landing page which has more green in it. Once the result is satisfactory I will push all users over to the new theme.

Any volunteers who want to give me feedback as i'm creating and changing the theme can register their interest in the poll above - you can select multiple options.

2. Adding a paypal subscription system, a way you can support the site and TTA while also removing ads for the subscribed user. Trust me I will never allow the site advertising to become obnoxious so subscription is your choice. It's all about balancing it right.

I was thinking about making it $2/month or $5/3 months or something like that. What do you think?

With PayPal it's better to make less frequent larger transactions than more smaller transactions so I was thinking about gearing it preferentially in that direction.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2011, 01:38 AM
RE: Forum Ad Banner - and upcoming changes
No one has any thoughts on this? I was just hoping for slightly more interaction. Cmon people!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply