Forum Etiquette

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: Forum Etiquette
(08-07-2017 01:41 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I didn't realize posting a LOT here is an etiquette no-no. I jumped in the deep end here myself with enthusiasm and joy. Sincere apologies offered if that was over-doing.

Jumping in with posts is fine. Starting a zillion threads on essentially the same topic as already exists clutters the forum and can be seen as spam. Sometimes you will see where the team has merged threads because they are so similar in topic. That is often (though not always) accidental because someone didn't see an earlier thread.

Posting the exact same thing is multiple threads tends to be frowned upon.

Moms and other team members are the ones to look to for answers if you are unsure.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Eight threads in two days, several on the same general topic, is a lot.

One way to get acquainted is to find interesting threads posted by others and post in them, rather than starting yet another thread yourself.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
08-07-2017, 02:29 PM
I've found that the safest thing to do is to PM all of my posts to DLJ first for pre-approval prior to posting. He has unlimited PM capacity so it's not a problem.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-07-2017, 02:35 PM
(08-07-2017 02:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've found that the safest thing to do is to PM all of my posts to DLJ first for pre-approval prior to posting. He has unlimited PM capacity so it's not a problem.

Shit...that's why we hear so little from you lately.

That explains everything.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-07-2017, 02:37 PM
(08-07-2017 02:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've found that the safest thing to do is to PM all of my posts to DLJ first for pre-approval prior to posting. He has unlimited PM capacity so it's not a problem.

Prior to the last few days, I've been doing a variant of the exact same thing. But sending them to DLJ before posting seems like a good idea. I'll try it out.
08-07-2017, 02:48 PM
(08-07-2017 02:37 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

Prior to the last few days, I've been doing a variant of the exact same thing. But sending them to DLJ before posting seems like a good idea. I'll try it out.

He encourages it. Said he's conducting some sort of "atheist in the wild" psycho-socio study.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the clarification and reassurance. Didn't feel like that was "directed" at me, just gave me pause since, yeah, I talk a lot. And, you know, it's been said (elsewhere) that the biggest lie we tell is when we check the "I have read and accept the terms and conditions..." I suspect I read more of those than lots of people because I at least scan it enough to try to tell if it's going to hijack my server (search engine?) and throw me into another one. But I did just go back here and read 99% of that stuff here.

Okay, tech-challenged here. an explanation/education on "sticky" posts and their navigation, please, whenever someone has the time. Or can direct me to an existing explanation. I've learned to use the "search" feature but sometimes it seems to bring up an abundance of what I'm looking for, which doesn't always help me narrow the field to find existing threads.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
08-07-2017, 03:06 PM

This just seems odd...

This is a free thought forum, is it not? Why would anyone seek approval before posting their thoughts? Shouldn't regular feedback to a member be enough to keep inappropriate stuff from becoming a problem?

And...why would DLJ want to read everyone's posts for approval?

Just asking...

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
08-07-2017, 03:09 PM
(08-07-2017 03:06 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  

This just seems odd...

This is a free thought forum, is it not? Why would anyone seek approval before posting their thoughts? Shouldn't regular feedback to a member be enough to keep inappropriate stuff from becoming a problem?

Just asking...

Those are excellent questions. You should PM DLJ and ask him.

#sigh
[+] 11 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-07-2017, 03:10 PM
(08-07-2017 03:06 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  

This just seems odd...

Just asking...

Tongue firmly in Girly's cheek.

No one has to approve anything beyond a first post. I was just saying that if you are unsure ask a forum team member.