Forum Etiquette

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2017, 04:09 PM
RE: Forum Etiquette
(10-07-2017 11:04 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I have found that posting a picture showing one's nipples tends to be a good ice breaker with this crowd. This is especially true if the nipples are uncommonly small in size. Of course, there is a bit of difference in how the admins will react to that picture depending on the gender of the subject. On second thought, there are perhaps less risky ways to endear yourself to the locals. Good luck!

Okay, so I thought nudity here was a no-no. Hopefully cartoon nudity is a yes-yes. Either way, I'm gonna blame you for driving me to post this one:

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
10-07-2017, 04:46 PM
One more. Remember, I still blame TurkeyBurner:
[attachment=3805]

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
10-07-2017, 04:53 PM
OP:
A lot of members here had a shakey start like you. Just take it slow. Get into the athmosphere. You will see. I saw in your reps that a lot of people called you condescending. I didn't fact check that. Only found that when I see post of you, they are actually not too bad, or like this one seem insecure.
Now relax, have pop corn, and enjoy your stay.

(08-07-2017 01:48 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 01:41 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I didn't realize posting a LOT here is an etiquette no-no. I jumped in the deep end here myself with enthusiasm and joy. Sincere apologies offered if that was over-doing.

No, no, you're fine. If your rep is in the green, then you can safely conclude that you're not stepping on any toes.

I've stepped on so many toes over the years; So many that I stopped counting lol. My reps are in the green though. I think I am just so likeable. Big Grin Tongue

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
10-07-2017, 06:59 PM
(08-07-2017 03:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 03:06 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  This just seems odd...

This is a free thought forum, is it not? Why would anyone seek approval before posting their thoughts? Shouldn't regular feedback to a member be enough to keep inappropriate stuff from becoming a problem?

And...why would DLJ want to read everyone's posts for approval?

Just asking...

Tongue firmly in Girly's cheek.

No one has to approve anything beyond a first post. I was just saying that if you are unsure ask a forum team member.

Damnit, Anjele. You ruined it!!! Angry I wanted to see this thing play out for as long as possible. Big Grin

To the OP and other new members - There is a lesson to be learned here, directly related to the OP topic. Get familiar with the community and the members here.

The views expressed here might not be endorsed by DLJ or the TTA community. Some exclusions apply. Void where prohibited by law. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like TheBear's post
10-07-2017, 07:06 PM
(10-07-2017 06:59 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 03:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Tongue firmly in Girly's cheek.

No one has to approve anything beyond a first post. I was just saying that if you are unsure ask a forum team member.

Damnit, Anjele. You ruined it!!! Angry I wanted to see this thing play out for as long as possible. Big Grin

To the OP and other new members - There is a lesson to be learned here, directly related to the OP topic. Get familiar with the community and the members here.

The views expressed here might not be endorsed by DLJ or the TTA community. Some exclusions apply. Void where prohibited by law. Drinking Beverage

Big Grin

The first rule of TTA is 'don't be a dick'.

The second rule is 'watch out for Girly, you never know what mischief he's up to'.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-07-2017, 07:09 PM
PS...I think DLJ owes me for saving him from reading every thought ever typed out by a TTA member. Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-07-2017, 08:54 PM
(10-07-2017 04:46 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  One more. Remember, I still blame TurkeyBurner:

...yeahhhhh, not opening that. If you really want us to see it, put it in hide tags.
10-07-2017, 08:57 PM
(10-07-2017 06:59 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 03:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Tongue firmly in Girly's cheek.

No endorsement here. The thing to remember is that some people aren't really all that savvy with the internet and forums, and could be misled by this sort of hazing.
10-07-2017, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 09:46 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
(10-07-2017 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 04:46 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  One more. Remember, I still blame TurkeyBurner:

...yeahhhhh, not opening that. If you really want us to see it, put it in hide tags.

I will try to learn how to do that. As it was, I found it challenging just figuring out how to post it here at all, since it was just something saved in my docs file. I am tech-challenged.

And Fireball:
"To the OP and other new members - There is a lesson to be learned here, directly related to the OP topic. Get familiar with the community and the members here."

Please try to be patient as we try to do that. I just looked at the stats and did the math. There are over 1,200,000 posts here. Even at just 10 seconds per post, reading each post here would take over 3,300 hours. Just now I used the search feature for "best of TTA," "best of," "best," all trying to see if there was ever a thread on the subject of members' favorite TTA posts, ever. To no avail.

10-07-2017, 10:13 PM
(10-07-2017 06:59 PM)TheBear Wrote:  ...
...DLJ or the TTA community...

"or"?

Dodgy Sadcryface

(10-07-2017 09:34 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  ...
Just now I used the search feature for "best of TTA," "best of," "best," all trying to see if there was ever a thread on the subject of members' favorite TTA posts, ever. To no avail.

It's all about search criteria. Try this.

Thumbsup