Forum Improvements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2011, 02:08 PM
RE: Forum Improvements
(25-06-2011 12:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  So many of the intelligent folks on this forum site have already shown me oodles of valuable info that I have long since forgotten where to find in the forum.
You know what you need? A good classification system! We should find someone who could provide us with such...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
25-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Technically we do, it's just a matter of adding more resources.

http://thethinkingatheist.com/page/resources

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
14-07-2011, 12:51 PM

Hi there!

I really like the website, I would just like a bit more options such as being notified if someone answered u or stuff like that so the discussion can go on .

Thanks

Cheers
Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2011, 01:58 PM
(14-07-2011 12:51 PM)nina.naila88 Wrote:  Hi there!

I really like the website, I would just like a bit more options such as being notified if someone answered u or stuff like that so the discussion can go on .

Thanks

Cheers

If you have a look through your user CP, you'll find that you can recieve email notification if anyone responds to a thread you are subscribed to.

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
15-07-2011, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 03:35 PM by TrainWreck.)
(25-06-2011 02:08 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(25-06-2011 12:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  So many of the intelligent folks on this forum site have already shown me oodles of valuable info that I have long since forgotten where to find in the forum.
You know what you need? A good classification system! We should find someone who could provide us with such...

EXACTLY!!!

In this situation, Lucradis, probably would have benefited from from my system, but it does not work the way he wants it to. He would have to do as I do, when I come across information that I consider valuable, I save it (discussion thread) into my system on the hard drive - a whole bunch of folders, in order, with some bookmarks to the popular areas.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
15-07-2011, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2011 12:07 AM by DeepThought.)
(15-07-2011 03:31 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  EXACTLY!!!

In this situation, Lucradis, probably would have benefited from from my system, but it does not work the way he wants it to. He would have to do as I do, when I come across information that I consider valuable, I save it (discussion thread) into my system on the hard drive - a whole bunch of folders, in order, with some bookmarks to the popular areas.

With all the time you have on your hands i'm surprised you haven't come up with a better system that works online. With your superior intellect i'm sure you could learn a new programming language and get it going on a cloud computing platform within a week.. and make it easy/convenient to use.

Then the information would be available everywhere, be secure and immune to hardware failure and network outages.

I recently we to the Amazon Web Services Cloud Computing Tour in Melbourne. It was fantastic and very informative. You should sign up with them.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=189]
Yup, I was concentrating.. watching a computer screen at the time it was taken.
http://aws.amazon.com/apac/awscloudtour-au

Not only that... You could be the next Google! So show us your superior intellect or is this just too easy for you?

On a cloud platform you have scalability. You ramp up the number of database slaves and web servers within minutes. Its easy to implement load balancing, and you can have pop sites all around the world for low latency.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
29-07-2011, 09:18 AM
The Forum Software was updated again!
Sorry for the small outage. This update addresses some minor security issues and the software should run a bit faster now.

As always I appreciate if you bring any problems here. I am aware of a glitch in the 'find liked posts'. I will get to that soon.

27-01-2012, 08:32 AM
As I scroll to the end of a thread, at the bottom of the page there is a "Forum Jump" function that has a broken link. The link that directs to the 'Forum Home' points to http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/forum--1.html and doesn't work.

Also, could the reverse navigation links be included at the bottom of the thread too?

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Another change to note:
Added unwanted forum search plugin.

If you check your user control panel you can select forums that you want automatically excluded from forum searches. This will apply to things like 'get latest posts' too.

[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
24-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Awesome addition. That will make this site a lt more digestible for those members who have sections they simply are uninterested in.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.