Forum Mafia Game II

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
25-06-2012, 03:44 AM
RE: Forum Mafia Game II
(25-06-2012 03:13 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(24-06-2012 09:53 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Yes, my motives will remain hidden for now... I will tell you this.
as I said, guilty until proven innocent.
You have been asked for explanations, you do not deliver, you will be lynched.
One thing is for sure anyway, you are JW. The cult leader comes from you, you were the first who brought it up, in a defending tone as if anyone was accusing you of it before. But noone was, you blew your cover and now you pay for it.
I am working for the Lord, and I do at least believe in Him the right way, I know what He wants me to do, He talks to me! You can't say that about yourself!
Can you explain your role in more depth about when you was a demon.

How could you have won if you hadnt of been exorcised???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Is Jehovahs Witness this games version of the pro-town cult? cos in the other mafia games there is the mason leader and then there is the cult-leader which has a similar role but is anti-town.

This should be disclosed.

Jehovah's witness seems like an offshoot of Christianity so they seem pro-town to me. It's not like worshipping Satan or whatever.

Anyway - muffs should clarify this since this is a modified game. Where do Jehovahs witness come into play? Pro-town or are they on their own?

Afaik cult leaders die if they try to convert mafia (or Atheists in this case) thats why the cult leader should disclose their conversion target with other followers. So people know who he/she was converting.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
25-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Deep, you are dead. Do what dead people do, die.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
25-06-2012, 04:30 AM
I was raising a valid question about the game. It seems atheists - or dead atheists are not wanting this line of questioning! Big Grin

(25-06-2012 04:18 AM)Filox Wrote:  Deep, you are dead. Do what dead people do, die.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
25-06-2012, 04:43 AM
I think Deep poses a good question...... wether Earmuff can answer or not without changing the dynamics of the game remains to be seen.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-06-2012, 05:24 AM
(25-06-2012 03:47 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Is Jehovahs Witness this games version of the pro-town cult? cos in the other mafia games there is the mason leader and then there is the cult-leader which has a similar role but is anti-town.

This should be disclosed.

Jehovah's witness seems like an offshoot of Christianity so they seem pro-town to me. It's not like worshipping Satan or whatever.

Anyway - muffs should clarify this since this is a modified game. Where do Jehovahs witness come into play? Pro-town or are they on their own?

Afaik cult leaders die if they try to convert mafia (or Atheists in this case) thats why the cult leader should disclose their conversion target with other followers. So people know who he/she was converting.
I'll tell you what I'll do. If my dog wins this race and I win $1.40 I'll let you in on a secret.
If my dog loses, I wont.

Let us wait and see now shall we...

Racing now...
Run you bloody stupid dog!
waiting... God damn, how long does it take for a stupid dog to run 720m?
Oh good race finished and did I win...?
Ah goody I did. So I will now keep up my end of the bargain and let you in on a secret.

You might need to quickly grab a pen and paper because I will only say this once and you may need to write it down.

Ready?

Ok here it is: "This is Earmuffs game and Earmuffs will host this game the way that Earmuffs wants. Further more, dead people do not talk."

Did you get that? Because I will only say it once and that was it and if you missed it well then I am afraid you missed out of the secret.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-06-2012, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 06:44 AM by DeepThought.)
(25-06-2012 05:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok here it is: "This is Earmuffs game and Earmuffs will host this game the way that Earmuffs wants. Further more, dead people do not talk."

In your first post in both threads you linked to this swf file.

Now I know in your version of the game a doctor could be a serial killer and a watcher could really be a tracker, a cop could be a thief etc...

Just like in my version of poker I could let people play without telling them that the straight flush is now 3, 5, 7, 9 and Ace and have the straight flush change each game. It just seems to me that the whole point of a game is to have a set of rules in place clarified and understood by all as a universal starting point.

I don't know if you remember last game. As games go - all games are based on rules that are meant to be understood by all players.
I'm a programmer so I excel at mapping out logic and pushing rules to their extreme limits, and took advantage of that last game.

A game without rules is nothing more than a story with a bunch of pawns playing minor roles which is ultimately directed by the author.

I understand if JW in this game play a unique undisclosed role. Also know I'm dead. I've already said all I want to say.
This was purely a game related question since I believed this game and the Jehovah's Witness role in this game could be translated to a role mentioned here in a file you linked: http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf

Anyway I'm finding this game quite creative and different so far. I don't know exactly what is true and what isn't but the roles seem unique. The demon possession tracking/investigation combined with a person to exorcise the demon is an interesting modification on the paired roles described.

I'll leave it alone. Sorry.

25-06-2012, 06:43 AM
People, Erx is telling lies. Investigate me if you want to prove it.
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
25-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Look folks, vote with me and let's send Erx back to the good Lord for final judgment.

My data said he targeted Kineo at some point. Could have been night 1 or 2.
His story (read back) is that he never "prayed" for Kineo at any time.

The flaw in my night actions is that I can't know the intent of people who have targeted dead players just that they did for some reason. If Erx had targeted Kineo for a good reason I doubt he would have lied about it.

This is also why I had to be somewhat obscure about the "clues" I revealed in order to coax get Erx and Magoo to talk about it. That will be more difficult now after I investigate LJ's death.

Sorry Erx. Love the sinner and hate the sin y'kno?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2012, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 07:16 AM by earmuffs.)
(25-06-2012 06:32 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(25-06-2012 05:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok here it is: "This is Earmuffs game and Earmuffs will host this game the way that Earmuffs wants. Further more, dead people do not talk."

In your first post in both threads you linked to this swf file.

Now I know in your version of the game a doctor could be a serial killer and a watcher could really be a tracker, a cop could be a thief etc...

Just like in my version of poker I could let people play without telling them that the straight flush is now 3, 5, 7, 9 and Ace and have the straight flush change each game. It just seems to me that the whole point of a game is to have a set of rules in place clarified and understood by all as a universal starting point.

I don't know if you remember last game. As games go - all games are based on rules that are meant to be understood by all players.
I'm a programmer so I excel at mapping out logic and pushing rules to their extreme limits, and took advantage of that last game.

A game without rules is nothing more than a story with a bunch of pawns playing minor roles which is ultimately directed by the author.

I understand if JW in this game play a unique undisclosed role. Also know I'm dead. I've already said all I want to say.
This was purely a game related question since I believed this game and the Jehovah's Witness role in this game could be translated to a role mentioned here in a file you linked: http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf

Anyway I'm finding this game quite creative and different so far. I don't know exactly what is true and what isn't but the roles seem unique. The demon possession tracking/investigation combined with a person to exorcise the demon is an interesting modification on the paired roles described.

I'll leave it alone. Sorry.
This is a game of deceit.

If JWs want to tell theists they win with theists then that is their prerogative. And if theists believe them then that is up them. Just as it is up to people to read into this, am I saying JWs don't side with the theists, or do they?

Just like if someone claims to be doctor or watcher or exorcist or whatever then it's up to people to decide if what they are told is the truth.

As well as certain roles, so XXX saw YYY visit ZZZ last night, that doesn't prove anything apart from YYY may have a night action that they used against ZZZ. Could be doctor, could be cop, could be killer. Not to mention it's up to people to determine how accurate that information even is.

Roles play on other roles that can leave things muddled.

It's about deceit and determining truth from lie.
You can run the next one if you want to do it differently. You'll see that everything makes sense when you know everything.
(Seriously, host the next one I want to play Tongue)

edit: The reason I don't give a list of all roles and what they do is because it makes it too easy for the townsfolk.
Just have everyone role claim and presto, they've won. You're only going to get 3 clashes (mafia claiming town roles), and so then it's just 50/50 those people that have clashed roles.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.