Forum Mafia Game II

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
28-06-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Forum Mafia Game II
(28-06-2012 09:24 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Also, why could I not convert the roleblocker? He roleblocked ato, not I.
no, tbd blocked you when you tried to convert tbd.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2012, 11:49 PM
and deepthoughts making the next one.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
29-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Bemore, my scumbag friend, let us drink a toast to the memories of Christopher Hitchens and our scumbag brother Filox. We gave these pussy-assed theists exactly what they deserved!!!

Wait. What did I read? The Atheists won? I refuse to gloat!

[Image: c9X6n.gif]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Hey MuffDiver, thanks so much for putting on the past 2 games. I didn't thank you last time because ... well, you know.

Anyway, I probably also wouldn't be thanking you if the Atheists had lost. Hm, maybe I don't need to thank you after all. Consider

Well anyway, a big Thumbsup onya!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Muahahahahaha [you hear a voice form the grave] .... Puny god worshippers!

BTW; Deep, you got it all right in the begining, I just couldn't believe how you picked up all 3 of us in one of your posts, good job. But I ain't playing against you anymore, you scare me.

Good game everyone.

[Turns on his cloaking device and vanishes...]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
29-06-2012, 12:45 AM
(29-06-2012 12:21 AM)Filox Wrote:  BTW; Deep, you got it all right in the begining, I just couldn't believe how you picked up all 3 of us in one of your posts, good job. But I ain't playing against you anymore, you scare me.
I know I picked you early on. Of Erx I was suspicious soon after. Bemore was under my radar for the longest time.

It's mostly that I was mafia before so I know how they think. That you got you role earliest and this quote:

(13-06-2012 05:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  Can we start lynching stupid atheists today? Atheists, come out to playiiiey... :::bottlecling, botlecling, bottlecling:::

Smile
Thats what tipped my hat to you.

Which were post are you referring to?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
29-06-2012, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2012 01:16 AM by Filox.)
This got me thinking that you do have superpowers...

Quote: If you round up 47.57 you get Poster #58: Erxomai

There are 57 is found 3 times in that number... Filox is poster #57
Big Grin

I now know I made a mistake, I thought that we all got our roles at the same time, that is why I came out too early. I was lucky that only you noticed that. But this "math" of yours is just superb...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-06-2012, 01:36 AM
haha i was right about itsacow Big Grin

meeeen I was not right about Erxomai Sad

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Well deepthought, the thing is that if too many atheists were lynched, I would lose.

Under Repair.
29-06-2012, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2012 06:31 AM by DeepThought.)
Making the next game will be good practice for making the scripted version of the game. Helps me go through the steps and determine how to write the program.

Also lay down the fundamentals of how certain roles will work.

So far I've decided this for rules:

Night abilities: Can only be used on a person once in a row excluding kill and cop-investigate abilities. If a killer is roleblocked one night the killer can target the same person on the next night.

Successful Kills: The victims role is revealed and some clues to the killers role/faction are revealed. This will help determine the source of the kill (mafia, vigilante, inventor, serial killer, etc.)

Saved by protector: Revealed that someone was saved, and the role of the protector is revealed (whether inventor/doctor/jack of all trades/etc). Protector learns of the role/faction of the attacker privately.

Daytime abilities: Like special ability votes (politician/double voter), daytime cop, daytime vigilate... Decisions are final. Once the PM is sent it is what it is - no going back.
Eg: No changing of votes with the special ability. Only ordinary public votes can be changed, so be careful.

Public Voting: Posts with votes in them that show a modified time later than the timestamp of the following post will not be counted. Make votes as clear as possible preferably on a new line with bold font as follows.
Vote: {username}

Role Details

Thief: Reveals 3 generic items that disclose generically what role that person may have. For example a mayor or godfather might share some items in common like: grandfather clock, executive chair, expensive suit. A cop might have a gun, magnifying glass, etc.. For the most part a thief will uncover the role of their target with some room for grey area depending on the role.

Cop: Reveals the faction that person belongs to - could be cult, mafia, townie, self (survivor), etc..
If a person is investigated a second time the role is revealed also (this would also expose a godfather who would come up as a townie on the first night. DeathMillers will also be revealed this way.) - I doubt the 2nd investigation functionality will be used since it's expensive given the number of nights available! Tongue

Deputy: Becomes a cop if the original cop is killed. The deputy will receive the files disclosing investigation results/actions of their predecessor.

Vengeful Townie: Can only kill someone who voted for him/her on the day in question.

Paranoid Gun Owner: Kills whoever targets him/her with a kill ability excluding being poisoned ability (dies in the process like an elite bodyguard).

Poison victims can be saved by doctor only on the next night.

Roleblockers: Will find out privately whether or not the person blocked tried to use a night ability. Once all actions are tallied the target will also be notified privately if they were blocked.

Inventors: Will not know what their inventions do. They start with 4 inventions that have randomly picked abilities though not allowing 2 of the same. (10% - track, 4% - reveal role, 10% - cop investigate, 1% - forensic investigation, 24% - kill, 1% - God Kill [can kill roles normally not night killable - bulletproof/godfather/nexus], 21% - protect, 3% - 2 night protection, 1% - revive, 25% - roleblock)
In the case of revive and forensic investigation inventions you are notified the item will only work on the dead.
Inventor can skip a turn to:
  1. Analyse 2 inventions which reveals what they do.
  2. Inventor can make 2 more inventions when there are less than 3 inventions left.

Double Voters: make one public vote and pm the special ability vote to me (could be 2 different people voted for). I create a public tally which shows the publicly declared votes along with numbers for the special votes.

Politicians: When a persons vote is bought the victim will be told this via PM. Double voters will still keep their special extra vote via PM. Politicians have one public vote and the bought votes can be picked any way he/she chooses via PM. When a politician dies the victims regain their vote ability. If a politician fails to submit vote choices for the bought votes, the public choices of the victims will be respected. The politician can chose to allow any selection victims preferences stand in addition to choosing no-lynch.

Voteless or vote was bought: Can vote publicly but the public vote will not count in the final tally.

Being Voteless or Double Voting is a character attribute which can be applied to mafia, townies or whatever faction you happen to belong to.

The remaining roles will work as described in the link provided in the first post unless I add further clarifications here.

Note: This doesn't mean these roles will be used in the next game. It's only to clarify the inner workings of the game.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss