Forum Mafia Game III

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
08-07-2012, 12:36 AM
RE: Forum Mafia Game III
Ok. I see what will happen. We will all make random claims after one day and we will kill the wrong guy, or not a single person. Then the atheists will pick off one of us. The second day we will do the same and another person will die a cruel death. In short, we will lose again, the atheists will kill us all and eat our babies. Not to mention the Christians and their crusaders.

DEATH TO THE INFIDELS!!!!

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 12:57 AM by DeepThought.)
I'm going to just clarify something cos I mentioned it earlier in the game 2 thread that I was experimenting with the voting system. It seems to be screwing with the game too much so I guess the experiment kinda failed...

(29-06-2012 06:44 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Being Voteless or Double Voting is a character attribute which can be applied to mafia, townies or whatever faction you happen to belong to.

When you got your roles I specified your voting ability separate from your role.
It is either Voteless, Normal, or Double Voting.

Obviously I would design the game such that all factions start with balanced voting capability directly proportional to the numbers in each faction.

Double voting counts as a daytime ability and how it works is covered in post #1.

I don't think disclosing the functionality of this aspect of the game will influence anything decision-wise other than who is making the decisions. It simply adds another dimension to the voting aspect.

Should've disclosed this game mechanic more clearly at the start. I'm sorry about that.

Continue...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
08-07-2012, 03:42 AM
I'm going to make one small change for double voters. You are allowed to change your extra vote once - and only once per day. Unless a lynch happens in which case it doesn't matter anymore...

08-07-2012, 03:45 AM
(08-07-2012 12:45 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I'm going to just clarify something cos I mentioned it earlier in the game 2 thread that I was experimenting with the voting system. It seems to be screwing with the game too much so I guess the experiment kinda failed...

(29-06-2012 06:44 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Being Voteless or Double Voting is a character attribute which can be applied to mafia, townies or whatever faction you happen to belong to.

When you got your roles I specified your voting ability separate from your role.

Obviously I would design the game such that all factions start with balanced voting capability directly proportional to the numbers in each faction.

Double voting counts as a daytime ability and how it works is covered in post #1.

I don't think disclosing the functionality of this aspect of the game will influence anything decision-wise other than who is making the decisions. It simply adds another dimension to the voting aspect.

Should've disclosed this game mechanic more clearly at the start. I'm sorry about that.

Continue...
Either Grassy or Bemore are voteless which we can assume means that they are not in the same faction as Erx (The voteless one at least).

12 people, 3-4 Atheists, 3-4 Christians, 3-6 Muslims. 1 voteless and 1 double voter each faction.

Both Bemore and Grassy voted for Magoo and only one vote didn't count so one has to have a vote.
That then means Erx is voteless.

So that then means we can assume Erx, and either Bemore or Grassy are in different factions.

I have re-read the posts and I am getting the vibe Erx is who he says he is.
I think he put himself out their at a risk and so must have something (or hopes to get lucky).

So if Erx is a Muslim that then draws the eye to Grassy or Bemore.

Now bemore has posted:
Quote: Is there anybody else with any day actions that would like to step forward???
Which drew my eye as that is typically something only scum would say.

He was also very happy to throw it out there that he was a roleblocker.
However that has so far remained uncontested. Though heaps of people are yet to comment on anything so I'm not really surprised.

Which leaves Grassy.
Both him and Bemore are very keen on backing up Erx in voting off Ladyjane.
He also said:
Quote: ...what exactly do you know for certain?
Again asking what people know, trying to indulge on people's roles.

Ok. Here is what I am thinking right now.

Grassy - Atheist
Bemore - Atheist
Erx - Muslim
Ladyjane - Atheist (This and Erx subject to change)
Magoo - Christian
Vosur - Christian

edit: Cancel vote
vote: bemore

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
08-07-2012, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 04:46 AM by Atothetheist.)
(08-07-2012 03:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-07-2012 12:45 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I'm going to just clarify something cos I mentioned it earlier in the game 2 thread that I was experimenting with the voting system. It seems to be screwing with the game too much so I guess the experiment kinda failed...

Continue...
Either Grassy or Bemore are voteless which we can assume means that they are not in the same faction as Erx (The voteless one at least).

12 people, 3-4 Atheists, 3-4 Christians, 3-6 Muslims. 1 voteless and 1 double voter each faction.

Both Bemore and Grassy voted for Magoo and only one vote didn't count so one has to have a vote.
That then means Erx is voteless.

So that then means we can assume Erx, and either Bemore or Grassy are in different factions.

I have re-read the posts and I am getting the vibe Erx is who he says he is.
I think he put himself out their at a risk and so must have something (or hopes to get lucky).

So if Erx is a Muslim that then draws the eye to Grassy or Bemore.

Now bemore has posted:
Quote: Is there anybody else with any day actions that would like to step forward???
Which drew my eye as that is typically something only scum would say.

He was also very happy to throw it out there that he was a roleblocker.
However that has so far remained uncontested. Though heaps of people are yet to comment on anything so I'm not really surprised.

Which leaves Grassy.
Both him and Bemore are very keen on backing up Erx in voting off Ladyjane.
He also said:
Quote: ...what exactly do you know for certain?
Again asking what people know, trying to indulge on people's roles.

Ok. Here is what I am thinking right now.

Grassy - Atheist
Bemore - Atheist
Erx - Muslim
Ladyjane - Atheist (This and Erx subject to change)
Magoo - Christian
Vosur - Christian

edit: Cancel vote
vote: bemore
Magoo and Vosur on the same team, even when they are ripping eachother apart.... I don't see it happening. I still can't glaze over the many lies of Magoo.

Here is my list

Filox-Atheist ( he has, in my opinion, taken the suicide bombing to far. Far enough to warrent suspicion.)

Grassy- Atheist he has made a mistake in trying to immidiately attack a person, and accusing them to be an infidel right from the start. Plus he still has not made a good rebuttal to my comment.

Magoo-Atheist ( because of the inconsistancies, and the many conviencances he put up in his dialouges)

Erx- Atheist ( because of the faith in Magoo, when such shouldn't have been granted. He gave him the benefit of the doubt when he contridicted himself, and the simple fact that Magoo hinted at an alliance with him by mentioning somebody else knowing hus role.)

Vosur- muslim(I can be minutely certain that he is a muslim. He trys to point out and actively attack Magoo, and seems to want to figure who his other brothers are.)

Ladyjane- undecided.

It is an unsafe assumption, brother earmuffs, that the voteless belong to different factions.

If you lean on those assumptions inorder to make a strategy, you will lose.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-07-2012, 04:31 AM
You dared call me a atheist? You scum, You shall burn for this, but I don't have time for your špetty accusations today, you heathen, you animal, you dog, you woman!

VOTE: LJ

A woman and an atheist? What the hell are you people waiting for, a shooting star? Strap yourselves and let's blow her up!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
08-07-2012, 04:50 AM
Oops, I jokingly half-voted because I'm a woman and my vote counts only half that of men. But after reading this, I agree with bemore.

So I will vote for LadyJane (or rather, my chaperone will do the voting) and lose credibility if Erx is wrong. Then my chaperone will beat him up while I knit him some socks.

vote: LadyJane

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
08-07-2012, 04:54 AM
(08-07-2012 04:50 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Oops, I jokingly half-voted because I'm a woman and my vote counts only half that of men. But after reading this, I agree with bemore.

So I will vote for LadyJane (or rather, my chaperone will do the voting) and lose credibility if Erx is wrong. Then my chaperone will beat him up while I knit him some socks.
Smoosh... Please use the right voteing method

Vote: Name

It would greatly help.

I am still doubtful on Erx's words... I think I will withhold judgement until I figure out if he is an atheist. I do think he is one.

VOTE CHANGE: No Kill.

08-07-2012, 05:02 AM
Vote Tally
Magoo: (2 Votes) Itsacow, Vosur
LadyJane: (5 Votes) Bemore, Erxomai, Filox, Grassy Knoll, Smooshmonster, +1 Special Vote (Anonymous)
Bemore: (1 Vote) Earmuffs

08-07-2012, 05:05 AM
(08-07-2012 05:02 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Vote Tally
Magoo: (2 Votes) Itsacow, Vosur
LadyJane: (5 Votes) Bemore, Erxomai, Filox, Grassy Knoll, Smooshmonster, +1 Special Vote (Anonymous)
Bemore: (1 Vote) Earmuffs
How many votes is it to lynch?