Forum Mafia Game III

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
15-07-2012, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2012 02:36 AM by Smooshmonster.)
RE: Forum Mafia Game III
(14-07-2012 11:07 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Really 2 mafias would give the townies more of an edge... Since they seem to base all their decisions on emotions and not deductions...
Townies don't really have any advantage besides their numbers. Unlike the Christians and Atheists they can't actually communicate and pool their knowledge. Nobody believes anyone else, and nobody should because half are lying anyway. It's not stupid or emotional. They need to pick someone to lynch, and it's hardly ever obvious who.

It is slightly easier when we play the game in person, because people are sitting right there in front of you and if you're good, and they're not so good, you can usually tell when someone is lying. But either way people mostly choose the person to lynch based on "it's not me." Same here, I was pretty happy to vote with the group as long it drew attention away from voting for me, Erxomai or Filox.

DP, Have you thought of adding cupid to the game? Cupid secretly picks two people who then fall madly in love. Their win condition remains the same if they're on the same team. If they are on opposite teams, their win condition changes, and they need to end up sole survivors to win. Only lovers are aware of each other, but not each other's roles. Also, if one of the lovers dies, the other immediately commits suicide.
This adds another level of mystery to the game. Also, if both lovers are on the same team, it doesn't do much to affect difficulty. But if they are on opposite teams, then it slightly balances the mafia, since soneone inside them is actively trying to sabotage them, or at least direct their votes away from his lover.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
15-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Sooo, when is the next game starting?
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
16-07-2012, 03:20 AM
You bastards!! You blocked me in the most crucial time, I was suppose to kill atothetheist. And this "conversion" thing, this just made me VERY angry. I was just getting the hang of the whole Muslim thing and then suddenly, I am a Christian. This really threw me off balance with my roleplay.

Girly, tell me why did you kill Smooshy, what was your reason for that?

I'm in the next one, but please, let me be crazy all the way, don't convert me, or change my world-views during game.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-07-2012, 03:46 AM
It would be good to get some feedback about the voting behaviour? What did you think of it?

Did it make the game more complex and better or was it crap?

My intention was using it to distribute power around a bit more and add another dimension of complexity. The powerful roles like Erx and Grassy were voteless and the weaker roles were given double voting and normal voting. That way if an important role is killed off the voting power isn't always lost also.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
16-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Hmmm, I was thinking we could one of those weird scenarios where we have the werewolves and stuff. Just to have a little change. It would be much better if a lot more people joined because then we could have a second mafia and that would be really cool. Needs lots of people though Sad
16-07-2012, 04:06 AM
I think I had the most powerful role and you gave me double voting. There is one thing about double voting, you have one Christian double voter and one Muslim double voter, but then Smooshy comes and converts the Muslim double voter, and now you have 2 double voters in one faction and zero in the other... Think about that.

Death to the infidels!!

Oh, the game is over? Never mind.

BOOOOM!!!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-07-2012, 04:39 AM
I thought it could have given too much away too quick Confused

I think you should eliminate the voteless thing and just have extra votes and vote thieves to supplement weak roles.

(16-07-2012 03:46 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  It would be good to get some feedback about the voting behaviour? What did you think of it?

Did it make the game more complex and better or was it crap?

My intention was using it to distribute power around a bit more and add another dimension of complexity. The powerful roles like Erx and Grassy were voteless and the weaker roles were given double voting and normal voting. That way if an important role is killed off the voting power isn't always lost also.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Along with what Grassy said, I like the idea of being able to steal or buy votes, but being voteless the whole game was frustrating.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-07-2012, 10:17 AM
The one thing that guarantees the game to be more fun is simply more people.
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
16-07-2012, 11:29 AM
(16-07-2012 10:17 AM)Magoo Wrote:  The one thing that guarantees the game to be more fun is simply more people.

Start recruiting!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel