Forum Mafia Game III

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
16-07-2012, 12:07 PM
RE: Forum Mafia Game III
Well it seems after each game, some people leave so we never have an increase Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2012, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 12:40 PM by Grassy Knoll.)
We could put an invitation link to the game IV in our signatures when it goes up?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
16-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Or Deep could force everyone to participate if they want to be able to log into their accounts. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
16-07-2012, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 06:59 PM by earmuffs.)
(14-07-2012 06:12 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Apparently I lost in the first game even though the atheists won. What happened there?
You were Usurped by LJ. It was her role to get you killed, or at least survive longer then you which she succeeded in.

If you'll are finding Mafia is getting a bit stale, I got another game people may like? (Actual got 2 more games people may like)
It requires a bit more strategy however and I'm not sure how people will take to it. (But then again I didn't think mafia would take off and well it now has it's own subsection...) It is quite complex. Though not as bad as it will first look trust me.

The bonus of it however is it requires less players, though does sort of require a minimum of 5 or 6.
BUT it does go for quite a long time. Longer then Mafia.

Actually thinking of it, you could run both Mafia and this side by side if people are up for it? Could just make this game a bit more stretched out as to compensate for people having lives and such. Tongue

If people are interested let me know and I could explain the rules a bit if you like, maybe start a thread or something.
Deep could host Mafia, I could host this. (Deep could play in this, I could play in Mafia)

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-07-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm game. Let's hear it?
16-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Alright but.. try to have an open mind. Tongue
I promise it's not as bad as what it is about to sound.

I'm sure you'll are familiar with 'Risk', the board game?

So basically this is a modified version and adapted for a forum.
Added elements from Civ(video game) to bump up the thinking.

Like Mafia this has the bonus of being able to have different themes and is done by turn phases (tactical, attacking rather then night, day). It's pretty much every man for himself but you can form alliances, gang up on people etc.. But note that there can only be one winner.

So anyway. There is a map. It can be a world map, fantasy map whatever. And it's broken into sections.
Each section is numbered.
At the start of the game each player selects a number as their starting area.
Each area generates resources. The resources are 'Architecture'. And then players have to chose between generating 'Gold' or 'Science'.

Architecture is used to build buildings (each building requires XX amount of Architecture)
Gold is used to buy troops (different troops cost more or less gold)
Research is used to 'research' new troops or improvements.

At the start of each 'Tactical Phase' resources are given (more territory = more resources, some territories may generate more gold then science or vise versa etc.. Plus bonus for owning an entire continent).
Players can then do a number of things:
- Choice between generating gold or research
- Buying and deploying troops
- Moving troops (Moving works on a 2 'movement' system. Attacking = 1 movement point, moving to neutral territory = 2 movement point, moving to friendly territory = 1 movement point. Each stack of troops has 2 movement points).
- Researching new improvements or troops
- Building new buildings (note, 1 building per territory, though subject to a 'city' system that I could work out that could allow more, or a 'Capital' system where everyone has a capital in which more buildings can be built, but only in the Capital)

Then comes the 'Attacking Phase' where players can
- attack adjacent enemy troops
Attacking can be fairly complicated (Buildings, different troops, improvements all play a role depending on the bonus of said thing). It works the same way Risk attacking works.
- It is turned based, attacking player attacks first then defending player attacks then attacking player again etc...
- 3 die are rolled for each side (with each attack). So say Player A rolls , 1, 4 and 6. And Player B rolls, 1, 3, 5
In this case, the 1 is even and so the defender wins (defender wins when equal roll) and 1 troops of A is killed. However, 4 beats 3 and 6 beats 5 so 2 troops from player B are killed.
After this roll it then switches and player A becomes defender etc..
The exceptions are, when you have 3 troops you can only roll 2 dice (2v3 dice, the side with 3 dice picks the 2 best rolls), and when you only have 2 troops you can only roll 1 dice.

This means it is more of a number game with a bit of luck.

The attack is over when either:
- The defender is out of troops
- The attacker is down to 1 troop

The winner is the last man standing.

That is pretty much the basics. If people are interested I can nut out the details in a thread.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Cool. Nut it out and I will give it a go Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
16-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I don't want to see your nuts out, but I'm game for the game.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-07-2012, 09:34 PM
I love RISK, but don't think I'd have the time for both Sad
16-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Wuss.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post