Forum Mafia Game IV

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-08-2012, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 06:39 AM by DeepThought.)
Forum Mafia Game IV
[Image: mafia4.png]
TTA Mafia Game #4 - Creationists in the classroom edition

Game Voting: Normal - 1 lynch vote per player.

Rules:
Rules can be found here: http://cataldo.freeshell.org/mafia/mafiascum04.swf
Advanced Roles: http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf
Addendum:

Night abilities: Can only be used on a person once in a row excluding kill and cop-investigate abilities. If a killer is roleblocked one night the killer can target the same person on the next night.

Successful Kills (Night): The victims role is revealed and some clues to the killers role/faction are revealed. This will help determine the source of the kill (mafia, vigilante, inventor, serial killer, etc.)

Kills (Day): The killers identity will be revealed but their role and faction will not. (Unless it's inherently obvious - Eg: vengeful townie.)

Mafia Faction Kill: The mafia faction can chose 1 person to kill and choose one of their members to do the killing. If there is a godfather role he/she has the final say on who dies and who does the killing. Without a godfather you must decide amongst yourselves who will be submitting the kill decisions (I don't want to tally up Mafia kill votes as well so you handle all that internally).

Saved by protector: Revealed that someone was saved, and the role of the protector is revealed (whether inventor/doctor/jack of all trades/etc). Protector learns of the role/faction of the attacker privately.

Daytime abilities: Like special ability votes (politician/double voter), daytime cop, daytime vigilate... Decisions are final. Once the PM is sent it is what it is - no going back.
Eg: No changing of votes with the special ability. Only ordinary public votes can be changed, so be careful.

Voting: At the start of the game all factions will average 1 vote per player. If there are voteless players in a faction there will also be double voters to correct any imbalance.

Number of Mafia: The number of Mafia can vary from game to game depending on abilities. You will not find out exactly how many until the game is over. There will always be more townies than Mafia. The game typically ends if Mafia can out-vote the townies. Usually the number of Mafia is roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of the town population.

Win Conditions: Win conditions may vary depending on your faction. Usually the idea is to be the last faction left with surviving members. In the case of serial killers you have to kill all players. As a survivor you simply have to survive regardless of the faction remaining.

Public Voting: Posts with votes in them that show a modified time later than the timestamp of the following post will not be counted. Make votes as clear as possible preferably on a new line with bold font as follows.
Vote: {username}

Role Details

Thief: Reveals 3 generic items that disclose generically what role that person may have. For example a mayor or godfather might share some items in common like: grandfather clock, executive chair, expensive suit. A cop might have a gun, magnifying glass, etc.. For the most part a thief will uncover the role of their target with some room for grey area depending on the role.

Cop: Reveals the faction that person belongs to - could be cult, mafia, townie, self (survivor), etc..
If a person is investigated a second time the role is revealed also (this would also expose a godfather who would come up as a townie on the first night. DeathMillers will also be revealed this way.) - I doubt the 2nd investigation functionality will be used since it's expensive given the number of nights available! Tongue

Deputy: Becomes a cop if the original cop is killed. The deputy is given access to the case files disclosing investigation results/actions of their predecessor.

Vengeful Townie: When this player is lynched, can only kill someone who voted for him/her on the day in question. This counts as a day kill so it bypasses any protections players may get from night kills. (Bulletproof/Nexus/Godfather)

Paranoid Gun Owner: Kills whomever targets him/her with a kill ability excluding being poisoned ability (dies in the process like an elite bodyguard). The paranoid gun owner ability counts as an ordinary night kill.

Poison victims can be saved by doctor only on the next night.

Roleblockers: Will find out privately whether or not the person blocked tried to use a night ability. Once all actions are tallied the target will also be notified privately if they were blocked.

Inventors: Will not know what their inventions do. They start with 4 inventions that have randomly picked abilities though not allowing 2 of the same.
Item Types and Probability of occurring:-
Investigative: 5% - Track, 5% - Watch, 2% - Reveal Role, 12% - Cop Investigate, 1% - Forensic Investigation
Killing: 24% - Kill, 1% - God Kill (can kill roles normally not night killable - bulletproof/godfather/nexus)
Protective: 21% - Protect, 3% - 2 Night Protection, 1% - Revive/Resurrect
Roleblocking: 25% - Roleblock
In the case of revive and forensic investigation inventions you are notified the item will only work on the dead.
Inventor can skip a turn to:
  1. Choose 2 inventions to analyse and reveal their actions.
  2. Make 2 more inventions when there are less than 3 inventions left.

Double Voters: make one public vote and pm the special ability vote to me (could be 2 different people voted for). I create a public tally which shows the publicly declared votes along with numbers for the special votes.

Politicians: When a persons vote is bought the victim will be told this via PM. Double voters will still keep their special extra vote via PM. Politicians have one public vote and the bought votes can be picked any way he/she chooses via PM. When a politician dies the victims regain their vote ability. If a politician fails to submit vote choices for the bought votes, the public choices of the victims will be respected. The politician can chose to allow a victims preferences, choose a particular target, or no-lynch.

Voteless or vote was bought: Can vote publicly but the public vote will not count in the final tally.

Being Voteless or Double Voting is a character attribute which can be applied to mafia, townies or whatever faction you happen to belong to.

The remaining roles will work as described in the link provided in the first post unless I add further clarifications here.

Note: This doesn't mean these roles will be used in the next game. It's only to clarify the inner workings of the game.

Scientists:
earmuffs - James Randi - Inventor
Chas - Sam Harris - Doctor
Bemore - PZ Myers - Double Voter
TheBeardedDude - Stephen Hawking - Nexus
LadyJane - Ayaan Hirsi Ali - Roleblocker
Filox - Marilyn Manson - Hider
Atothetheist - Mat Dillahunty - Bodyguard, Mason
itsacow - Phil Mason - Insane Cop
Magoo - Eugenie Scott - Governor, Mason
Vosur - Richard Dawkins - Forensic Analyst

Creationists:
Erxomai - Kent Hovind - Hitman
Smooshmonster - David Mabus - Terrorist
morondog - Ray Comfort - Poisoner
Active Players:

Story:
The church has been slowly dwindling and loosing power every since the age of enlightenment and the scientific revolution. Some creationists plan on changing that by eliminating supporters of science and education like
Eugenie Carol Scott, the American physical anthropologist who has been the executive director of the National Center for Science Education.
The creationists are desperate and making their last stand here in an attempt to get "creation science" taught in the classroom. The stakes are high so who will prevail?
"Dr" Hovind & Co? or will the scientists win the day?

Day 0 Introductions:
People watch each other suspiciously while silence fills the town hall. Death threats have been received and everyone is on edge!
Everyone watches in awkward silence as Atothetheist cries "I hate my job!" with big fat tears running down his cheeks.

Night #1
James Randi is whistling to himself quietly unaware of danger. No-one hears the shot fired other than a window breaking on the other side of the house and the sickening *splish* with peices of skull and brain tearing free where the bullet hit. Someone put out a hit on James Randi.

Day #1
A sedantry day of bickering...

Night #2
Crickets chirp in the background and trucks cruise along the freeway in the distance. There are a couple reported disturbances in the time-space continuum as some things get teleported elsewhere.

Day #2
The townspeople gather around Erx, Kill him! He lies to children! Creatard Scum!
The scientists get their flasks full of liquid nitrogen ready. They all pour liquid nitrogen over erx as he screams flails wildly with his flesh freezing and breaking as he moves. Dense white fog pours off his body now quivering and finally all is quiet. Someone hits him with a hammer to watch him shatter into thousands of pieces.

Night #3
The guard whistles quietly to himself while he watches over the cop, tonight something is afoot. His spider sense in tingling. Then he notices David Mabus in a trench-coat walking towards Phil Mason. Phil is talking to some strangers completely unaware of what is happening and the guard runs top speed towards Phil. He barely gets between Phil and David in time as David Mabus pulls out an uzi from his trenchcoat. The Guard pulls out his .45 and they exchange fire both receiving fatal wounds. Phil Mason runs for cover and manages to escape.
As David Mabus and Mat Dillahunty lie there bleeding out Dr Sam Harris shows up. He notices David Mabus and Mat Dillahunty lying in blood soaked clothes and chooses to save Mat.

Later that night Sam Harris dies in his sleep. It is revealed later that he ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with poisoned banana slices.

PZ Myers utters something under his breath and out of nowhere lightning strikes down from heaven and PZ-Myers is killed. This event though rare is dismissed by the scientific community as a freak accident. Some conspiracy nuts still to this day claim it was due to some blasphemy of some sort against God.

Day #3
TBD has been lynched.

Night #4
Mafia Kill - LJ and Filox. A banana bomb was set off in LJ's car when she turned on the ignition. Filox was found hiding in the boot. Unfortunately he also died in the blast.

Day #4
Morondog lynched.

Townies Win.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DeepThought's post
12-08-2012, 07:29 AM
RE: Forum Mafia Game IV
Ok, everyone has their roles!
We are ready to begin! Big Grin
Also make sure noone trusts people offering to pm and show you screenshots or pm via remote viewing sessions.
It's not difficult to forge pm's to make them look like they were sent by me. Play using your in game ability to it's full potential.

12-08-2012, 08:50 AM
When I wake tomorrow we will move straight to Night #1.
12-08-2012, 01:01 PM
I get a virus warning for a trojan horse when I go to the link for the rules. I realise the power of the iron knee, but just a heads up to anyone else... Guess I'll use wikipedia then...
12-08-2012, 01:15 PM
My role SUCKS!

WeepingWeeping

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
12-08-2012, 01:24 PM
BTW if you use the second link

and navigate to the other tutorial from there (if you're a n00b like me) then you go to a *different* site than the first link provided by Deep, which doesn't set off my antivirus.
12-08-2012, 02:28 PM
(12-08-2012 01:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  BTW if you use the second link

and navigate to the other tutorial from there (if you're a n00b like me) then you go to a *different* site than the first link provided by Deep, which doesn't set off my antivirus.
What antivirus are you using that detects a .swf file as a virus? Blink

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
12-08-2012, 02:35 PM
(12-08-2012 02:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 01:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  BTW if you use the second link

What antivirus are you using that detects a .swf file as a virus? Blink

avast. Not sure if it's the swf file. Web sites can run all kinds of shit as far as I know. I could shut down all autorunning of scripts on my browser I guess... I don't wanna go back to the link to get the specific message that comes up Confused
12-08-2012, 03:46 PM
(12-08-2012 02:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 02:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What antivirus are you using that detects a .swf file as a virus? Blink

avast. Not sure if it's the swf file. Web sites can run all kinds of shit as far as I know. I could shut down all autorunning of scripts on my browser I guess... I don't wanna go back to the link to get the specific message that comes up Confused

Accessing the second link and clicking on "Basic Roles" gets you the same result as clicking the first link.

As far as I know those files don't contain a virus. They are the same links used in the last 3 games and no one noticed anything.

12-08-2012, 03:49 PM
It is now Night #1

Send in your night actions.