Forum Mafia Game V

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2012, 05:29 AM
RE: Forum Mafia Game V
(19-10-2012 03:39 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  The black guy was doing the sweet old lady? Damn, now there's no women on this island. How am I going to be the ladies' man?

Anyone have some information to put forward? There's only 5 of us and we can't afford to lynch each other. We need to put our heads together.

Sorry, when I did the thing up I thought you were a guy.

My bad.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-10-2012, 05:16 PM
(19-10-2012 03:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yes. I have information.

Assemble in the drawing room (the beach) in 1930s evening attire in one hour and all will be revealed.

What information do you have?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
19-10-2012, 05:18 PM
(19-10-2012 05:16 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 03:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yes. I have information.

Assemble in the drawing room (the beach) in 1930s evening attire in one hour and all will be revealed.

What information do you have?

You're not going to like it!

19-10-2012, 05:19 PM
(19-10-2012 05:18 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 05:16 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  What information do you have?

You're not going to like it!

Oh, is it about me?

Because if it is, I have reason to suspect you.

19-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Cool, please tell me that reason.

19-10-2012, 05:27 PM
(19-10-2012 05:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Cool, please tell me that reason.

Well, considering I have an investigation role, I doubt that anybody else does as well, considering that all the past games have only had either one or two... That means if you have an "Investigation" role like me, it is a very very odd way to play.

Considering that I have the investigation role, Yet you claim you have information on me... Kinda gives you away, DLJ.

I am almost certain you will probably try to get me out of this game, but once you lynch me, and my role is revealed, you will be next for killing a townie.

... And why should it not? After all, you were the one claiming to have information on me, yet when I die I will be claimed innocent... Sounds like something a MAFIA member would do.

But, you might NOT be a mafia, and you might be a Skitzo( it's a cop role) and might not realize it yet.

There is still one vital piece of information you are not telling me... What lie have you prepared to pass onto the others in order to kill me?

(Sorry, was having a Sherlock Marathon previous to replying to this.)

19-10-2012, 05:54 PM
A-squared,
I'm supposed to be the nervous, jittery guy and you are supposed to be the shy, quiet guy. Don't be paranoid.

If you are being truthful, then by my count there are three Investigator roles (so far)... you, Filox (cop), me (Forensic).

Filox declared my townie status, already.

I can not comment on what is or is not an odd way to play because I have never played before so this game is establishing a norm, for me.

I would not put it passed Muffsy to have given us all multiple roles.

I don't really have a very good understanding of the rules yet so maybe someone can put me straight but is it possible to be e.g. a cop and a poisoner or a serial killer and a deputy?
LJ was Mafia boss and a lover so I am working on the basis that multiple roles is permissible.

I would be useful if you (A2) can reveal what revelations your investigations have revealed.
That is what I am going to do (after my hangover clears).

Currently, I am thinking along these lines...

All the mafia might be dead!
It hinges on whether Itsacow's comment (declaring a victory for the townies) can be trusted. If so, he thought the game was over but Muffsy countered this.

This means, and I could be wrong, that if all the mafia are dead but the game is still on, then we have a Serial Killer in our midst. A Serial Killer will win if they are the last person standing.
I can't tell from Muffsy's rules as to whether is also the case for the Assassin.

Given the death-toll so far, a Serial Killer role seems likely.

Again, my game-ignorance is not helping, because I don't know... can a Serial Killer also be a Poisoner? If not, we may have one of those too given the way Itsacow died. But I suppose it also possible that the poisoner could already be dead.

19-10-2012, 06:04 PM
(19-10-2012 05:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  A-squared,
I'm supposed to be the nervous, jittery guy and you are supposed to be the shy, quiet guy. Don't be paranoid.

If you are being truthful, then by my count there are three Investigator roles (so far)... you, Filox (cop), me (Forensic).

Filox declared my townie status, already.

I can not comment on what is or is not an odd way to play because I have never played before so this game is establishing a norm, for me.

I would not put it passed Muffsy to have given us all multiple roles.

I don't really have a very good understanding of the rules yet so maybe someone can put me straight but is it possible to be e.g. a cop and a poisoner or a serial killer and a deputy?
LJ was Mafia boss and a lover so I am working on the basis that multiple roles is permissible.

I would be useful if you (A2) can reveal what revelations your investigations have revealed.
That is what I am going to do (after my hangover clears).

Currently, I am thinking along these lines...

All the mafia might be dead!
It hinges on whether Itsacow's comment (declaring a victory for the townies) can be trusted. If so, he thought the game was over but Muffsy countered this.

This means, and I could be wrong, that if all the mafia are dead but the game is still on, then we have a Serial Killer in our midst. A Serial Killer will win if they are the last person standing.
I can't tell from Muffsy's rules as to whether is also the case for the Assassin.

Given the death-toll so far, a Serial Killer role seems likely.

Again, my game-ignorance is not helping, because I don't know... can a Serial Killer also be a Poisoner? If not, we may have one of those too given the way Itsacow died. But I suppose it also possible that the poisoner could already be dead.

I was there the night LJ died. I investigated her, but earmuffs told me that she had been marked for death prior to me investigating her, so he revealed to me the role. I can't post the message as it is against the rules. But I would be more than happy to if that wasn't the case.

Next I investigated Erx to see if he had been truthful to his "I was the Lover" story because I have suspicions that he might have just been trying to buy time for him to kill again.

My whole views of the situation is the fact that the Viligante (Or Serial Killer) has so far only targeted the Mafia, which is a mighty fine coincidence.

I assumed the poisoner might be a separate entity from the Vigilante who targets Itsacow, but I know Magoo was murdered by somebody based on the evidence in the description.

What evidence leader you to the conclusion that it was a Serial Killer?

Be careful, DLJ, we might STILL have a killer out there, and you( and me) just revealed our roles... One of us might die at night.

Currently, I am thinking about investigating you, but since you mentioned Filox clearing you, I think you might have merit.

I think Smooshie might be something... Since she is laying low and barely posting, but that might just be me over thinking things.

The best way to approach this situation is to wait till the killer kills again and see what your investigating ability digs up.

For now, I don't want to screw any townie over, but it is quite understandable for anybody to vote for me to sin instant suspicion seeing as I am trying to weed out who the Mafia, townies, and special roles are. Now that there are only five left, it shouldn't take long to weed them out.

19-10-2012, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 08:48 PM by DLJ.)
Thanks for that info.

I revealed my role a while ago (my CSI hints etc.) but I am not clear which Investigator role you have.

Can anyone tell me if it usual to have an Investigator who is also a Serial Killer? In Muffsy twisted world, it would not surprise me.

So I am asking myself, which role is A-squared?
Can he be the Thief (learns 1 item of the thief's target. ie: A mafia may have a gun. However, a cop may also have a gun). I think not because Muffsy would not have needed to tell you LJ was marked for death.

Can he be the Cop? That was Filox. Again, my inexperience lets me down... can there be two cops?

Can he be the Deputy (becomes the cop if the cop is killed. The deputy receives all information on a target that a cop has investigated twice.) Filox did not have time to investigate twice so again, there was no reason from Muffsy to tell you anything about LJ.

Can he be the Tracker (Learns who their target targets. If anyone.) Your post, above, does not indicate so.

Can he be the Forensic Investigator: Nope, cos that's me.

Can he be the Watcher (Learns who targets their target. If anyone.)
This seems the most likely... because you are suspecting Smoosh.

My investigations revealed this...

I went to the LJ crime scene and discovered traces of evidence (but I won't say what because it is too disgusting) that showed that you, A-squared and Smoosh had come and gone!

I would have thought that Smoosh the ladies-man (perhaps she is a lady-boy? Laughat ) preferred his conquests alive but there is no accounting for taste, I guess.

The manner of the kill (Silence of the Lambs style) implies Serial Killer.

It is equally likely, however, that you A-squared could be a Poisoner, had tried to kill LJ but was told there was no point as she was already deaded and then instead targeted the Froffy (sic)-mouthed Itsacow.

Either way, both of my suspects must be townies because I don't see why mafiosi should be wanting to kill LJ unless there was some kind of internal power struggle (usurper).

Therefore, my money is on one of you two being a serial killer.

*dramatic music, camera cuts to short shots of everyone looking suspiciously at everyone else*.

But!

Of course, the murderer could be Grassy. CTS quit and was not replaced and Muffsy was not worried. But Bemore quit and as Serial Killer had to be replaced for Muffsy's evil plan to continue so Grassy was called in.

But!

Obviously, the real killer is always the fairly innocent character who appears early in the plot but is then forgotten about...
Nach_in! You are the killer.
It is traditional for you now to do the evil-voice and then shoot yourself.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
19-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm not the killer, I just sit around here eating and preparing all you paranoids dinner, without me nobody would eat here, and before you insult my cuisine I already proved that I have no problem eating it myself, if you want I can test this fig cake I just made before I cut you a slice *noms on cake* Big Grin

EDIT: *doesn't die* Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post