Forum Mafia Game V

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 06:07 AM
RE: Forum Mafia Game V
DLJ.
I didn't want to say anything because I was worried I might make myself a target for the mafia. I was near LadyJane's crime scene because I was going through her things. I found out she had a gun, but before I could act on that, she got killed so I stayed quiet. I assure you she was alive when I left. And yes, I like my old ladies alive Tongue

I also investigated Grassy, and found out that he's a dirty liar!

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 06:10 AM
My fellow islanders, four score and seven weeks ago we landed on these new grounds to make a new start and have a new life. I, your humble politician, in my zeal to protect the minority population of our island pointed the finger of accountability at our police system resulting in unforeseen circumstances. I feel rest assured that DLJ is what he says. I've played that role and in my experience his actions seem commensurate to it.

A2 and Smoosh targeted LJ on the first night. We need a detailed explanation from each that would shed light onto why they'd taget LJ.

A2 claims an investigative role but has not been specific in his role "title". That would help me A2. What are you exactly?

Smoosh, we need clarification from you. A ladies man might have been jealous of the love'n LJ was getting and decided to take her all for themselves. Why did you target LJ?

In conclusion, allow me to state for the record: I did not have sexual relations with that woman Ms Lewinsky. Thank you and God bless America.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
20-10-2012, 06:17 AM
OHHHHHH hold up wait a minute!!! Guilty guilty guilty!!!!!!

I will not sit quietly and endure such vilipensive accusations from you Smoosh!

So, what is your investigative role? You are the guilty one indeed!
20-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Additionally, I'm laying low for out of game reasons. I just got a conference paper accepted and I'm working on the camera-ready version before the deadline. I'm sorry if I'm holding the game up. Please don't kill me for it Tongue

To be honest, it was the first night, and I didn't have a reason to suspect anyone yet, so I went with the first person on the list. Not a good explanation, but it's the truth. I'm not the liar here (just the thief).

EDIT: we double posted. I found a "How to Lie" book in your pack, Grassy. I didn't take it! That would be wrong Tongue

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
20-10-2012, 07:02 AM
This makes sense. Smoosh the Thief and Grassy is the Politician so he would have such a tome.

Again I ask, in ignorance, can people have dual roles?

Can one be a thief and serial killer?
Can one be a watcher and a serial killer?

A-squared, please explain your investigative role.

If anyone has a blocking role, they need to use it to defy the poisoner tonight if we do not pick the right killer.

Could the poisoner of Itsacow be already dead (given that there is a delay in the witnessing of a poisoner's kill) or would that have been revealed?

Is there any "blocking" reason why I would NOT have found implicating evidence about Nach-in and Grassy at the LJ-murder-crime-scene.

Tune in next week for another enthralling episode of DEATH ISLAND!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-10-2012, 07:35 AM
(20-10-2012 07:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Again I ask, in ignorance, can people have dual roles?

No. I don't think so. I've never known it to be the case that we played two roles. Just the role "flavors" can or not be added.

Smoosh, that sounds credible to me. Yes, I might have had such a book in my possession but I would have never read it. Sort of like admitting to have smoked the joint but never inhaling it. Makes perfect sense.

Now, A2... there are 6 investigative roles:

Thief - Smoosh
Cop - Filox
Deputy - ?
Tracker - ?
Watcher - ?
Forensic Investigator - DLJ

Would you care to elaborate further?
20-10-2012, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 09:39 AM by DLJ.)
While waiting for Muffsy's promised update (from post #114), I have been pondering.

If Itsacow's slip was not a ruse (and I am assuming that one is not permitted to keep playing once deceased) then there are no more Mafia.

Muffsy says the game is still on so the Townie roles that could still win are:
Serial Killer
Cult Leader (and their cult)

If the killer of LJ was a Hitman or Vigilante or Assassin and not a Serial Killer, then someone must be a Cult Leader.
If there is no Cult Leader, the killer of LJ must be a Serial Killer.

If, for example, Grassy is the Cult Leader (not that I can think of any politicians that would be a member of a cult... no wait... nevermind), he may have recruited a couple of people by now but neither of the killers ... actually this is academic... the cult is made up of townies so even if the cult wins, the town will win too, so ... so what?

So we must focus on the Serial Killer.

This rule about Successful Kills: The victims role will be revealed as well as how that person was killed which may give some clues as to who kill that person... leads me to believe we have a Silence of the Lambs kinda knife-handy Serial Killer who killed LJ and Magoo (although we don't know the cause of death) and a Poisoner who killed Itsacow.

The Vengeful role: It is possible that Filox killed Itsacow or Magoo if being shark-bait counts as a lynching. This means there is no Poisoner. Therefore, this is academic it just means there will only be one kill tonight and our attention must still be on finding the serial killer.

Or, another victim of the Poisoner will die tonight unless they have the odd/even rule applied.

So we are left with this worse case scenario....

5 townies left: Three non-killers (a, b and c) and two killers (x and y).

Unless there is something I have missed, one of the two who targeted LJ on the first night (A-squared and Smoosh) is the serial killer.

We vote to lynch x, then a, b, c and y remain.

If x is the serial killer, we have won. If the game continues, there must be a cult and so the remainder simply hang on in there and join the cult... victory. The poisoner may kill anyone and it makes no difference.

If y is the serial killer:
One or two will die tonight. One killed by the serial killer and perhaps one more, selected the previous night by the poisoner.

Worse case: a and b are dead. Leaving c and y (one innocent and the serial killer).
I don't know what happens now, I would guess their day votes cancel each other so the next night will find c dead and a victorious but lonely serial killer.

Less worse case: a and y are dead. Leaving b and c and therefore victory for the innocents.

In other words, the poisoner must kill the serial killer for a town victory.

So here is what we do...

We must vote to kill A-squared or Smoosh; it doesn't matter which.
The poisoner must target the other one.

Prediction:
If we pick the right one, the town wins.
If we pick the wrong one to lynch, then the serial killer will kill again but die the next night. Two of us are taking it for the team ("It is a far, far better thing..." etc.) and the town wins.

If there is no poisoner (then who killed Itsacow.... I dunno) and we have not lynched the serial killer then one of us will die tonight and the remainder vote for whoever we didn't lynch today and the town wins.

Sorry to say it A-squared and Smoosh but one or both of you must die for a town victory.

Possible error in the above reasoning:
Itsacow was tricking us and there is still a Mafia person around... so what?... same result as if there was a serial killer.
The odd/even rule if applied to the poisoner might delay the result by one day.
I have missed a role that can win by killing everyone else.

Your thoughts please gentlemen (and lady('s man)).

20-10-2012, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 02:07 PM by Atothetheist.)
I'll gladly reveal my role as a deputy. If I would explain, it would be that the deputy reserves the right of one SUBSTITUTE ability to have until the cop dies.

My sub-ability was a Watcher. I no longer have that sub-ability anymore because Filox has been killed and now got promoted to be a Cop.

The more I reveal about my role, the more likely I will be attacked at night and killed. This game Isn't about winning, it's about securing your position as a person who lived, and giving out information isn't one of the best ways to ensure your safety. This is why I kept quiet about my ability; the serial killer might kill me next.

I investigated LJ because she was suspicious, and I ha a hunch her description was to cover up something more sinister, but then I saw Smoosh visit her.

I can only assume that Smooshie is the killer, and is lieing about her ability since I her confirmation that she had indeed investigated LJ, but Earmuffs hinted to me that there WAS a third POSSIBLE person... I have no idea what that was about. A theif is a believable story, but I think that Grassy could have just told Smooshie what role he was to gie credibility to her, or maybe somebody else told her info on grassy. I have played this game before, and things on the surface are not usually what they are... Becareful with how somebody knows the information; it's not always the way they say they got it.

Killing me will be killing a chance at investigating and finding out wether or not Smooshie, or Nach_in is a Serial Killer.

I still haven't seen a good explaintion why Nach_in couldn't possibly be a Serial Killer and just making us turn against eachother. If you keep me alive, I can investigate them and we will be one step closer.

I know it's a long shot to believe me, but my role is important, I am the only cop left to investigate the possible suspects.

Do what you wish, but I hope you make the right choice.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
20-10-2012, 02:29 PM
DLJ, your assessment makes sense. Unfortunately, I think I have said and done everything I know, so I can't really say anything further to convince you of my innocence. Besides, even if you do decide not to lynch me tonight, I have a feeling I won't last long now that I've revealed my investigative role.

Although A2 sounds paranoid (and misleading, as I can also investigate roles), I think he makes a good point. Why have we diverted suspicion away from nach_in?

20-10-2012, 02:41 PM
(20-10-2012 02:29 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  DLJ, your assessment makes sense. Unfortunately, I think I have said and done everything I know, so I can't really say anything further to convince you of my innocence. Besides, even if you do decide not to lynch me tonight, I have a feeling I won't last long now that I've revealed my investigative role.

Although A2 sounds paranoid (and misleading, as I can also investigate roles), I think he makes a good point. Why have we diverted suspicion away from nach_in?

Smoosh, I may sound paranoid, but this game just doesn't make sense now. Why is Nach_in getting off, for all we know, he could have been the third person that was there to investigate LJ. I know you can investigate people, but your ability has drawbacks, you only get an item to figure out what it means, and you nearly Got Grassy screwed by accusing him based off that evidence. My way of investigating leaves no lack of error, except on the part of earmuffs.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.