Forum Mafia Game V

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 10:23 PM
RE: Forum Mafia Game V
Scratch that, Don't roleblock me. If you do, I can't prove I am Who I say I am.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 10:27 PM
but now we have to vote, don't bother about night actions just yet, so who do we cast out?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
20-10-2012, 10:28 PM
(20-10-2012 10:27 PM)nach_in Wrote:  but now we have to vote, don't bother about night actions just yet, so who do we cast out?

I vote nobody, because I am confused on what to make of this situation. Who is with me?

20-10-2012, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 11:23 PM by DLJ.)
Ok, folks, I'm shit-scared now.

We also have a goring-boring-boar on the island.

I say we hunt it down and get Nach_in to cook it for us.

We have learned nothing more from the narrative than how Magoo died which has convinced me that the Serial Killer theory was correct.

We have scant information.

If everyone is being truthful we have:
a self confessed thief
a forensic investigator
a watcher/deputy turned cop
a roleblocker/jailor or maybe a bodyguard
a politician who is a known liar (that's a shock! Drinking Beverage ).

My instinct and emotion tells me to vote for Grassy. He is a lying politician and should die for those reasons alone but my reasoning tells me otherwise. If he is the cult leader so what... townies win.

We also have two testimonies that do not match...
a) From me, that two people (A-squared and Smoosh) were at the LJ crime scene
b) From A-squared that he and two other people (??? and Smoosh) were at the LJ crime scene

Maybe it's due to my lack of experience but I do not understand the mis-match here. I searched long into the night for evidence of a third person at the crime-scene but found none. Is there a role that would have blocked me from seeing this?

Therefore, I'm sticking with my theory and theories need to be predictive so...

We lynch A-squared or Smoosh.

Scenario A:
Lynching the thief will mean that:
a) if Smoosh is the serial killer, one of us dies tonight of poison unless the odd/even rule applies but we win overall.
b) if Smoosh is the NOT serial killer, two of us die tonight one at the hands of the serial killer (A-squared) and one who was poisoned on the previous night (unless the odd/even rule applies). At worst, this leaves two alive.
b.i) if the serial killer kills the poisoner and the poisoner has previously targeted the serial killer... game over, we win.
b.ii) if the serial killer kills the poisoner and the poisoner has previously targeted an innocent player then we are left with the Serial Killer and one innocent. The town can only win if the the remaining innocent is a Roleblocker who can then lynch the Serial Killer on the next day.
b.iii) if the serial killer kills an innocent player and the poisoner has previously targeted the serial killer... game over, we win.
b.iv) if the serial killer kills an innocent player and the poisoner has previously targeted another innocent player then:
We have wrongly killed Smoosh today,
A-squared must be the Serial Killer and will kill an innocent player tonight therefore leaving one innocent player and the poisoner,
Subtract the poisoner's already dying victim and that leaves the serial killer and the poisoner in a face-off.
The poisoner must target A-squared tonight for the town (the poisoner and the last remaining innocent player) to win.

OR...

If Smoosh is NOT the Serial Killer but IS the poisoner, then:
A-squared is the Serial Killer
An innocent player will die at the hands of the serial killer
An innocent player will die from previously being poisoned by Smoosh
Leaving the serial killer and an innocent player in a face off as per scenario b.ii)

Scenario B:
Lynching the watcher/deputy now cop will mean that:
a) if A-squared is the serial killer, one of us dies tonight of poison unless the odd/even rule applies but we win overall.
b) if A-squared is the NOT serial killer, two of us die tonight one at the hands of the serial killer (Smoosh) and one who was poisoned on the previous night (unless the odd/even rule applies).
the rest is as above except that the poisoner must target Smoosh tonight for the town (the poisoner and the last remaining innocent player) to win.

In other words, it does not matter who we lynch... either Smoosh or A-squared as long as the poisoner targets the other one tonight.

Scenario C:
We lynch no one.

In this case, two of us die tonight one at the hands of the serial killer (A-squared or Smoosh) and one who was poisoned on the previous night (unless the odd/even rule applies). This will leave three (serial killer, poisoner and one innocent player) and I don't fancy our chances. Although we could get lucky and the Serial Killer and the poisoner kill each other.

If there is a cult and NO serial killer, then I (a non-cult member) will probably be the next victim of the poisoner and once the poisoner is recuited to the cult then the cult wins. Cult beats Mafia or Town beats Mafia... that's all the same to me.

I think that beating the Mafia is the purpose of the game and not individual glory so I can't agree with A-squared's opinion that "This game isn't about winning, it's about securing your position as a person who lived" (unless you have a serial killer or a survivor role).

Additionally, the scenarios above will be slightly different with a roleblock...
Hopefully either the Serial Killer or the Poisoner will be blocked but it does not make any difference to the result.

Did I miss anything in my nervous, jittery forensic analysis?

Please advise.

Yours (feeling hypochondrial poison racing through my veins) with love and respect for our dead friends and enemies,
DLJ

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
20-10-2012, 11:30 PM
(20-10-2012 11:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ok, folks, I'm shit-scared now.

We also have a goring-boring-boar on the island.

I say we hunt it down and get Nach_in to cook it for us.

We have learned nothing more from the narrative than how Magoo died which has convinced me that the Serial Killer theory was correct.

We have scant information.

If everyone is being truthful we have:
a self confessed thief
a forensic investigator
a watcher/deputy turned cop
a roleblocker/jailor or maybe a bodyguard
a politician who is a known liar (that's a shock! Drinking Beverage ).

My instinct and emotion tells me to vote for Grassy. He is a lying politician and should die for those reasons alone but my reasoning tells me otherwise. If he is the cult leader so what... townies win.

We also have two testimonies that do not match...
a) From me, that two people (A-squared and Smoosh) were at the LJ crime scene
b) From A-squared that he and two other people (??? and Smoosh) were at the LJ crime scene

Maybe it's due to my lack of experience but I do not understand the mis-match here. I searched long into the night for evidence of a third person at the crime-scene but found none. Is there a role that would have blocked me from seeing this?

Therefore, I'm sticking with my theory and theories need to be predictive so...

We lynch A-squared or Smoosh.

Scenario A:
Lynching the thief will mean that:
a) if Smoosh is the serial killer, one of us dies tonight of poison unless the odd/even rule applies but we win overall.
b) if Smoosh is the NOT serial killer, two of us die tonight one at the hands of the serial killer (A-squared) and one who was poisoned on the previous night (unless the odd/even rule applies). At worst, this leaves two alive.
b.i) if the serial killer kills the poisoner and the poisoner has previously targeted the serial killer... game over, we win.
b.ii) if the serial killer kills the poisoner and the poisoner has previously targeted an innocent player then we are left with the Serial Killer and one innocent. The town can only win if the the remaining innocent is a Roleblocker who can then lynch the Serial Killer on the next day.
b.iii) if the serial killer kills an innocent player and the poisoner has previously targeted the serial killer... game over, we win.
b.iv) if the serial killer kills an innocent player and the poisoner has previously targeted another innocent player then:
We have wrongly killed Smoosh today,
A-squared must be the Serial Killer and will kill an innocent player tonight therefore leaving one innocent player and the poisoner,
Subtract the poisoner's already dying victim and that leaves the serial killer and the poisoner in a face-off.
The poisoner must target A-squared tonight for the town (the poisoner and the last remaining innocent player) to win.

OR...

If Smoosh is NOT the Serial Killer but IS the poisoner, then:
A-squared is the Serial Killer
An innocent player will die at the hands of the serial killer
An innocent player will die from previously being poisoned by Smoosh
Leaving the serial killer and an innocent player in a face off as per scenario b.ii)

Scenario B:
Lynching the watcher/deputy now cop will mean that:
a) if A-squared is the serial killer, one of us dies tonight of poison unless the odd/even rule applies but we win overall.
b) if A-squared is the NOT serial killer, two of us die tonight one at the hands of the serial killer (Smoosh) and one who was poisoned on the previous night (unless the odd/even rule applies).
the rest is as above except that the poisoner must target Smoosh tonight for the town (the poisoner and the last remaining innocent player) to win.

In other words, it does not matter who we lynch... either Smoosh or A-squared as long as the poisoner targets the other one tonight.

Scenario C:
We lynch no one.

In this case, two of us die tonight one at the hands of the serial killer (A-squared or Smoosh) and one who was poisoned on the previous night (unless the odd/even rule applies). This will leave three (serial killer, poisoner and one innocent player) and I don't fancy our chances. Although we could get lucky and the Serial Killer and the poisoner kill each other.

If there is a cult and NO serial killer, then I (a non-cult member) will probably be the next victim of the poisoner and once the poisoner is recuited to the cult then the cult wins. Cult beats Mafia or Town beats Mafia... that's all the same to me.

I think that beating the Mafia is the purpose of the game and not individual glory so I can't agree with A-squared's opinion that "This game isn't about winning, it's about securing your position as a person who lived" (unless you have a serial killer or a survivor role).

Additionally, the scenarios above will be slightly different with a roleblock...
Hopefully either the Serial Killer or the Poisoner will be blocked but it does not make any difference to the result.

Did I miss anything in my nervous, jittery forensic analysis?

Please advise.

Yours (feeling hypochondrial poison racing through my veins) with love and respect for our dead friends and enemies,
DLJ
I stick by what I said, I was messaged by earmuffs that two people were at LadyJane's body. One was Smoosh( she confirmed it) and the other is yet to be known.

I doubt that Grassy is the Serial Killer, so that leaves Nach_in, Smoosh, and I.

Smoosh could be the theif AND the serial killer... But why the two abilities?
I am a Deputy, and what gotten promoted to cop status when Filox died, but I am not the Serial killer...

This leaves Nach_in. I can surely prove that I am not the serial killer once this night is over, but Nach_in has a way of also proving himself...

I stand by my no vote policy, this game can end many ways, but I don't want to make a mistake based on what speculation we have. I just need to investigate somebody and confirm the role so that I can be cleared and proven my ability as the cop.

Speaking of the two abilities, what's to say that DLJ isn't the Serial Killer? Now, this isn't anything threatening, but we are simply under the assumption that DLJ is being truthful, but could be the serial killer that might be lieing about HIS involvement with the body of LJ...

He might be a Dexter Morgan, or it could Be Nach_in using his ability to shield himself from detection, DLJ.

I am not sure about the rest of them, but I ain't no serial killer, and I want to make it out of this game alive.

20-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote: lying politician

Double negative.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
21-10-2012, 12:19 AM
(20-10-2012 11:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: lying politician

Double negative.

Tautology, actually.

21-10-2012, 02:54 AM
We never had the party I planned Sad
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
21-10-2012, 03:14 AM
(21-10-2012 12:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 11:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Double negative.

Tautology, actually.

Touche'

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
21-10-2012, 04:08 AM
(21-10-2012 02:54 AM)Magoo Wrote:  We never had the party I planned Sad

I think I have been hearing Manquoo's ghost.

LOL Magoo

Now, STFU spirit-face, you're dead!