Forum Mafia Game XI- The Simpsons Edition!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2013, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 07:36 PM by Atothetheist.)
Forum Mafia Game XI- The Simpsons Edition!
[Image: simpsons_banner.jpg]

Welcome one and all the the Illustrious Simpson's Edition of the TTA Forum Mafia game. I am God, creator of Heaven and Springfield. When you apply, you will assume characters from the lovely Simpsons Universe to control and manipulate to your dastardly, or holy will. When you sign up, I will give you your role (based on random lotto) and a character. I will not post the characters that I am using publicly, but I will post the roles.

If you are interested in playing, but you don't know the rules, click here. Also, don't hesitate to PM me any questions about your role, or how to play. I will try my best to answer your questions without a bias.

Please click the spoiler to hear an explanation of the roles as I am using them in the game. I, as God, have added more than multiple roles to certain characters. Please read with caution, and may Me be on your side Wink !

MAFIA

Godfather, Governor
The Godfather is the leader of the Mafia, and as such, he/She has the authority to send a message to God with who the mafia are whacking, who is doing the whacking, and if they are using a gun or a knife. They are free to even go as far as to describe how they want to kill the target, but it has to be with those two weapons. If he/she is investigated by the Cop, his/her alliance with be shown as Mafia .

In addition to being the leader of the Mafia, he/she has the power to PM me and pardon a person from a lynch (use only once though) during the day (That's what the governor is for.)

Successor, double voter*
This mafioso has the power to take over as the Godfather (But not the governor) and take charge of the Mafia. However, if he/She and the Godfather are killed, The remaining mafia member is the only hope for a mafia victory.

The successor can vote once, but if he is promoted to Godfather, he has the power to double vote.

Framer
This member of the mafia can PM me at night and select a person they want to frame. He can select anybody, and can frame them to be a townie, Mafia or independent. He can vote normally. He can't frame the same person twice in a row.

TOWNIES

Politician,Lover,Vote-less
The Politician can PM God at night and choose somebody to steal their vote. If he/she steals a person who only has one vote, that person becomes vote-less for one day cycle. If he/she steals a vote from a double voter, that person can only vote once. If the politician steals from a vote-less, nothing happens. The politician can't vote without stealing from somebody else. He/she also knows who the other lover is.

He dies the following day of a heartbreak if his/her lover is killed.

Cop
The cop can PM me at night to investigate a certain person. He/she will get the person's alliance as well as clues to the character that person controls. He/she can be fooled by the framer. He/She can investigate the same person twice to confirm his alliance plus role.

Lover, Double Voter
He/she is the lover to the politician, and he/she knows who the other lover is. He/She can double vote.
He dies the following day of a heartbreak if his/her lover is killed.

Bodyguard
The Bodyguard can PM God at night and select one person to protect. He/she also has the option to select to be bulletproof, or knife proof. If he/she protects somebody and chooses bullet proof, and the mafia whack the guy with a gun, the bodyguard can protect him, and survive. However, if he/she chose knife-proof, he/she still protects the target, but he/she dies in the process and vice versa. He has one vote. The bodyguard can't protect the same person twice.
The Bodguard, depending on his choice, has a fifty fifty chance of being protected at all time, even if the mafia targeted him.

Miller, Escape Artist
This townie, when investigated, comes up as Mafia, even though he is aligned with the townies. He also has the power to escape from being lynched the first time he is being put on the chopping block. But he can only use that power once.

Gossiper
The gossiper has a vast network of information at their fingertips. They can choose one person to gain information about, but beware, its not terribly accurate. It has a fifty percent chance of being wrong. This is also the only role that allows the person to post PMs from the moderator on the public board. However, he or she is still forbidden to post their PM from me, indicating their role. Post at your own risk, the mafia might be gunning for you.The Gossiper can only post moderator PMs on the PUBLIC board. They may not reveal the PMs from me in PMs/Skype chats.

Poisoner, vote-less
This townie picks one person to poison. There is a 65% percent chance that the poison will work, and it increases by 5% every time he uses the ability This person can't vote. If the posioner succeeded, the person will die the following night-phase.

Vengful Townie
when this Townie gets lynched, they have a seventy five percent chance of taking another person (They PM me the target's name.) to the grave with them. He/she has one vote

INDEPENDENT

Cult leader,Roleblocker
This character can either convert a person to their cult, and thus know the person's role, and form an alliance, or he can role-block at night. He can't choose both. The cult leader can not convert any mafia members, if he tries to, the cult leader dies. If he chooses to convert, he has a seventy five percent chance of success and a twenty five percent chance of failure. If he chooses to role block, he has a seventy five percent chance of success.

Skitzo, Vote-less
This role has the power to investigate, watch, track, roleblock, kill or steal the person's vote. This person is vote-less, and his or her vote will not be counted unless he manages to steal somebodies.

Ask me, God, if you have any questions. I have the discretion to Answer or not. I will try my hardest to be unbiased.

Mafia win when Townies and independents are eliminated.

Townies Win when Mafia and Independents are eliminated.

Independents win when (In the case of the cult leader) they are the majority or (In the case of the Skitzo) they are the last man standing.

Please sign up. I am more than willing to make more roles if I need to. This game will be difficult.
List of players:
Tartarus Sauce- WINNER Vengeful townie
Ferdinand-Skitzo
ridethespiral-WINNER cop
momsurroundedbyboys- POISONER
Revenant77x-Successor
KidCharlemange1962- Lover/Politician
cjlr- WINNER Gossiper
Grassy Knoll-Cult Leader/roleblocker
Lightvader-Miller/Escape Artist
DeepThought- BODYGUARD (no color cuz on mobile!)
Dark Light-Mafia - FRAMER
Free Thought-Townie - Lover/double-voter
Chas-Godfather!

Pink are players that are confirmed.

THE PUBLIC BOARD CAN BE A TOOL, USE IT!

Mod (Me) rules: I will not tell you who sent in their night actions, and who we are waiting on.

I will not give any hints to anybody's role unless you are the cop, so don't bother.

DO NOT falsify or screenshot/copy paste or reveal any messages I send to you unless you are the Gossiper, and even then, don't Screenshot/copy-paste or reveal the PM I gave you outlining your role.

If you don't submit your night action, I will randomize your night action and submit it for you.

Dead Players can't interfere with the game when they die in anyway, unless its useless board banter.

No talking during the night phase is NOT enforced.

IF you are found to have cheated, I will forfeit you.

The GAME IS OVER!!!!

Hope to see you NEXT mafia game!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: Forum Mafia Game XI- The Simpsons Edition!

14-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Count me in, these roles look interesting and diverse.

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-08-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm in.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2013, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2013 03:29 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
So a question on the gossiper and the cop.

Edit: It seems like you are posting contradictory statements saying that the gossiper can post messages from the moderator, then follow up that he CAN'T do that. Could you clear up my confusion on that? Nevermind, cleared it up by reareading the OP.

Also, with the cop, it says he can find out both the alignment AND the role, does that take two nights or can he do that in one? Also, I think that the townies having two double voters is a little bit overpowered, maybe you could give the cop a different secondary ability?

Oh, and you are of course going to need to actually get the Simspon's character matched with their roles (obviously).

Edit: Ah, another thing, how can the vote-less players hide their roles if everybody else is voting except them, doesn't that sort of make them stick out like a sore thumb?

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-08-2013, 03:29 PM
(14-08-2013 03:25 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So a question on the gossiper and the cop.

It seems like you are posting contradictory statements saying that the gossiper can post messages from the moderator, then follow up that he CAN'T do that. Could you clear up my confusion on that?

The gossiper can post messages from the moderator, but he can't post the one PM from the mod assigning him/her the role.

Quote:Also, with the cop, it says he can find out both the alignment AND the role, does that take two nights or can he do that in one? Also, I think that the townies having two double voters is a little bit overpowered, maybe you could give the cop a different secondary ability?

Oh, and you are of course going to need to actually get the Simspon's character matched with there roles (obviously).

No, it takes two days to confirm the allaince and the role. If the cop investigates somebody once, he'll get the allaince as well as clues to the person's character (not role.)

There are two double voters because some townies can't vote at all.

I already got the characters in mind.

14-08-2013, 03:36 PM
(14-08-2013 03:25 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So a question on the gossiper and the cop.

Edit: It seems like you are posting contradictory statements saying that the gossiper can post messages from the moderator, then follow up that he CAN'T do that. Could you clear up my confusion on that? Nevermind, cleared it up by reareading the OP.

Also, with the cop, it says he can find out both the alignment AND the role, does that take two nights or can he do that in one? Also, I think that the townies having two double voters is a little bit overpowered, maybe you could give the cop a different secondary ability?

Oh, and you are of course going to need to actually get the Simspon's character matched with their roles (obviously).

Edit: Ah, another thing, how can the vote-less players hide their roles if everybody else is voting except them, doesn't that sort of make them stick out like a sore thumb?

The voteless can vote, but it won't be counted. So they can mask themselves.

14-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Will you at least help people without a lot of mafia game experience? Like if I don't understand my character or my night actions....can I ask you for clarification?

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-08-2013, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2013 04:04 PM by Atothetheist.)
(14-08-2013 03:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Will you at least help people without a lot of mafia game experience? Like if I don't understand my character or my night actions....can I ask you for clarification?

Yes, you may ask me questions about your role! I will be more than happy to help explain your roles. I will not tell you what you SHOULD do, but I will tell you what you CAN do with your role.

I will not tell you what you can do to win the game.

14-08-2013, 03:53 PM
(14-08-2013 03:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 03:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Will you at least help people without a lot of mafia game experience? Like if I don't understand my character or my night actions....can I ask you for clarification?

Yes, you may ask me questions about your role! I will be more than happy to help explain your roles. I will not tell you what you SHOULD do, but I will tell you what you CAN do.

Thanks that's what I needed to know. Smile

Let me think about it.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...