Forum Mafia Game XI- The Simpsons Edition!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: Forum Mafia Game XI- The Simpsons Edition!
I always thought the cult leader role could be very powerful if used a certain way. I would have went all the way if my gambling odds hadn't been so crappy Huh

Also, I thought cult members turned back into townies when I was gone.

Great game everyone Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2013, 07:40 PM
(19-08-2013 07:37 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I always thought the cult leader role could be very powerful if used a certain way. I would have went all the way if my gambling odds hadn't been so crappy Huh

Yes it was quite enjoyable, damn my horrible rng were it not for a few bad throws of the dice... Ah well the best laid plans of mice and men eh?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
19-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Booyah.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
19-08-2013, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 07:46 PM by Atothetheist.)
(19-08-2013 07:37 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I always thought the cult leader role could be very powerful if used a certain way. I would have went all the way if my gambling odds hadn't been so crappy Huh

Hmm, I didn't use that rule... might be interesting.

I am also thinking about only listing a list OF POTENTIAL roles, adding a bit more freedom and deception next game I host.

I also am making RNG play a little part in the game. I think it removes the strategy and ruins the game, but thats only my opinion.

Plus, I felt bad having to tell people I like that they failed based on luck.

I think that after the next Mafia game, I am going to take a break from playing/hosting. If I play too much, I might get bored.

I wasn't happy with some of the results of the RNG, but I had to be as impartial and stick to the game rules that I set up.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
19-08-2013, 07:46 PM
(19-08-2013 07:41 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  

I am also thinking about only listing a list OF POTENTIAL roles, adding a bit more freedom and deception next game I host.

I also am making RNG play a little part in the game. I think it removes the strategy and ruins the game, but thats only my opinion.

I think that after the next Mafia game, I am going to take a break from playing/hosting. If I play too much, I might get bored.

I think that goes for me as well. I would actually sit out the next but I promised ferdi and I wont break a promise.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-08-2013, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 07:56 PM by ridethespiral.)
(19-08-2013 07:41 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  

Randomness is a is like a spice, you can use too little or too much.

TicTacToe for instance is beyond predictably drool....DND would be stupid if your spells/attacks always worked and the mobs always got their hits in.

The Gossipers 50/50 powers where essentially useless and would have been better if they where 75/25 or maybe if it was 100% but the information was in the negative (ie: "Grassy is not Apu") or 100% and the questions had to be specific("is MSBB the cop?")

19-08-2013, 07:54 PM
(19-08-2013 07:48 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  ...but CJLR's 50/50 powers where essentially useless and would have been better if they where 75/25 or maybe if it was 100% but the information was in the negative (ie: "Grassy is not Apu") or 100% and the questions had to be specific("is MSBB the cop?")

Yes. 50/50 was utterly irrelevant.

... this is my signature!
19-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Should I go ahead and move my thread? We can start getting people to join the next game but wait a couple of days before actually starting the game; let this one settle so people don't get completely bored, and I guess take a break after X-Men finishes up.
19-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Yes. Your's is X-Men? Sahweet.

Is it sad that this game is what is getting me through work right now?

19-08-2013, 08:29 PM
(19-08-2013 07:41 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I am also thinking about only listing a list OF POTENTIAL roles, adding a bit more freedom and deception next game I host.

Yes, I think that is a good idea.

I think the RNG is a good idea but it can certainly mess up any ideas of strategy.

So A2, will you show us the nightly plays?