Forum Mafia Game XI- The Simpsons Edition!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2013, 06:57 PM
RE: Forum Mafia Game XI- The Simpsons Edition!
(15-08-2013 06:47 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have a question. What's the point of having a theme and showing no characters when all you have to do is figure out what a person's role is anyways? We lynch by the person's forum name, not by character name anyways.

Meant no sassiness by this; it's a legitimate questions. Drinking Beverage

Because the cop gets information on the PERSON'S character, not the role.

And while the framer might confuse the cop on the alliance the traits that describe the character is true.

And it allows for an RP element in the game, if you so wish to. Also, if you are well versed in the Simpson's universe, the roles may help determine characters, and the descriptions of the character will help you determine the roles.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
15-08-2013, 08:02 PM
(15-08-2013 06:57 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 06:41 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I don't get it. Undecided

The Ohm or Ω is a measure of what?

Inverse admittance?

... this is my signature!
15-08-2013, 08:17 PM
(15-08-2013 08:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 06:57 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The Ohm or Ω is a measure of what?

Inverse admittance?

Resistance, it came back as futile.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-08-2013, 08:34 PM
(15-08-2013 08:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 08:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Inverse admittance?
Resistance...

Same thing.

... this is my signature!
15-08-2013, 08:34 PM
A2, I suggest you some how encourage the board banter. It's much more challenging to play this openly when statements on the board can be re-read, scrutinized and interpreted differently by all. It's where the majority of risk is involved. This is why Mafia usually has less to lose by using hidden modes of messaging.

So I agree on not banning the back channel methods, but also encourage the board play in some way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 08:40 PM
(15-08-2013 08:34 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  A2, I suggest you some how encourage the board banter. It's much more challenging to play this openly when statements on the board can be re-read, scrutinized and interpreted differently by all. It's where the majority of risk is involved. This is why Mafia usually has less to lose by using hidden modes of messaging.

So I agree on not banning the back channel methods, but also encourage the board play in some way.

I agree with this. Allow PM and in your game Skype, but encourage your players you communicate more on the board.
15-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Awesome pic Rev! Bravo! I chortled.

16-08-2013, 06:03 AM
(15-08-2013 08:34 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  A2, I suggest you some how encourage the board banter. It's much more challenging to play this openly when statements on the board can be re-read, scrutinized and interpreted differently by all. It's where the majority of risk is involved. This is why Mafia usually has less to lose by using hidden modes of messaging.

Board banter is very much encouraged. That is why I wrote the Gossiper role. I am currently pressed for time, but I will make an edit so that the Gossiper can only post PMs from me via the PUBLIC board.

However, one must also think this: Allowing PMs/Skype add a new layer of intrigue in the game.

The board banter is good, its public, but so can PMs be if they are circulated (posted on the public Board, or even dstributed to everyone.)

basically, because I am pressed for time (Got school), I will try my hand at devising some way to encourage board banter.

16-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Alright, fellows, only one more confirmation left. I'll assign your roles after school, or after I get word from our last unknown.

16-08-2013, 07:09 AM
I would just like to add before the game starts that I think that the inventor should be made a townie. With the mafia, cult leader, and schitzo gunning for the townies, 7 townies is a paltry number for their chances. Plus, the inventor isn't really well suited for independent play, considering he functions as more of a supportive role for other players.

Just a suggestion to make the game more balanced.

[Image: giphy.gif]