Forum Mafia Game XI- The Simpsons Edition!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: Forum Mafia Game XI- The Simpsons Edition!
(16-08-2013 03:27 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Soooooo how much longer?

Good question my cat loving friend...you killed me in the last game, not that I'm vindictive or anythingEvil_monster

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
16-08-2013, 03:35 PM
DAY PHASE ONE HAS BEGUN..... Good luck, everyone.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
16-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Alright, so this game is set up a bit unusual compared to last games. Looking at the list of characters it looks like we are at more of a minority vote compared to last games. True, we do have a double-voter, but it looks like the mafia/independent still have a combined 5 votes compared to our 7 (correct me if I'm wrong). This means our odds of getting a baddie is much higher than normal, but, by the same token, if we accidentally take down one of our own it's a bigger loss.

Is my assessment correct? Thoughts? Suggestions?

16-08-2013, 03:48 PM
(16-08-2013 03:42 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Alright, so this game is set up a bit unusual compared to last games. Looking at the list of characters it looks like we are at more of a minority vote compared to last games. True, we do have a double-voter, but it looks like the mafia/independent still have a combined 5 votes compared to our 7 (correct me if I'm wrong). This means our odds of getting a baddie is much higher than normal, but, by the same token, if we accidentally take down one of our own it's a bigger loss.

Technically, the townies could do have 8 votes the second day assuming the politician steals one. This, however, would require that no townie would be lynched the first day, killed the first night, or turned into the cultist the first night, all three of those things NOT happening isn't likely.

So yes, the stakes are higher in this game.

[Image: giphy.gif]
16-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Vote: LYNCH STEVEN! DOWN WITH GOD! Evil_monster

Nah nah, just kidding, Angel

Might as well stick with tradition.We have no evidence to go off for who might be who yet, and the townies are more likely to lynch one of their own the first day, which would be particularly devastating for the townies this game.

Vote: No Lynch

[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
16-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Lynch: Atothetheist

Gotta keep up traditions Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-08-2013, 03:56 PM
(16-08-2013 03:48 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 03:42 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Alright, so this game is set up a bit unusual compared to last games. Looking at the list of characters it looks like we are at more of a minority vote compared to last games. True, we do have a double-voter, but it looks like the mafia/independent still have a combined 5 votes compared to our 7 (correct me if I'm wrong). This means our odds of getting a baddie is much higher than normal, but, by the same token, if we accidentally take down one of our own it's a bigger loss.

Technically, the townies could do have 8 votes the second day assuming the politician steals one. This, however, would require that no townie would be lynched the first day, killed the first night, or turned into the cultist the first night, all three of those things NOT happening isn't likely.

Well, the politician is statistically more likely to take a vote from a townie the first night (considering we have no info), which would still equate to 7 votes, vice 8, I believe. Just pointing that out.

If the politician is lucky enough to take one from the mafia/independent then it would essentially be a two vote swing. 8 townie, 4 baddie.

edit: Is the politician's role able to steal a vote yet since there has been no night, and thus no night action?

16-08-2013, 03:58 PM
(16-08-2013 03:56 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 03:48 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Technically, the townies could do have 8 votes the second day assuming the politician steals one. This, however, would require that no townie would be lynched the first day, killed the first night, or turned into the cultist the first night, all three of those things NOT happening isn't likely.

Well, the politician is statistically more likely to take a vote from a townie the first night (considering we have no info), which would still equate to 7 votes, vice 8, I believe. Just pointing that out.

If the politician is lucky enough to take one from the mafia/independent then it would essentially be a two vote swing. 8 townie, 4 baddie.

edit: Is the politician's role able to steal a vote yet since there has been no night, and thus no night action?

He can only steal at night.

16-08-2013, 04:00 PM
(16-08-2013 03:56 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 03:48 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Technically, the townies could do have 8 votes the second day assuming the politician steals one. This, however, would require that no townie would be lynched the first day, killed the first night, or turned into the cultist the first night, all three of those things NOT happening isn't likely.

Right, so basically,

-Lynch nobody first day [Very Likely]
-Nobody die first night [Unlikely, unless the bodyguard happens to hit upon the jackpot through sheer luck and the mafia doesn't use the knife]
-Nobody is turned into a cultist the first night [Unlikely, unless we get the generous 25% failure rate activated, or the cultist tries to convert a mafia member and dies as a result]
-Politician doesn't accidentally steal a townie vote [Unlikely]

Conclusion: It is theoretically possible for the townies to have a total of 8 votes the second day. Realistically, it's not going to happen.

16-08-2013, 04:03 PM
(16-08-2013 04:00 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 03:56 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Well, the politician is statistically more likely to take a vote from a townie the first night (considering we have no info), which would still equate to 7 votes, vice 8, I believe. Just pointing that out.

Right, so basically,

-Lynch nobody first day [Very Likely]
-Nobody die first night [Unlikely, unless the bodyguard happens to hit upon the jackpot through sheer luck and the mafia doesn't use the knife]
-Nobody is turned into a cultist the first night [Unlikely, unless we get the generous 25% failure rate activated, or the cultist tries to convert a mafia member and dies as a result]
-Politician doesn't accidentally steal a townie vote [Unlikely]

Conclusion: It is theoretically possible for the townies to have a total of 8 votes the second day. Realistically, it's not going to happen.

The bodyguard can be protected from knife kills, as long as he selects the knife-proof option.