Forum Mafia Game XII - Marvel's X-Men

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-08-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2013 11:44 PM by Ferdinand.)
Forum Mafia Game XII - Marvel's X-Men
[Image: 24yakpz.jpg]

GAME ENDED WITH THE EARLY REVEAL OF ROLES

Intro
Hello, I am Professor Xavier and I am the moderator of this game of Mafia. Magneto has established an organization to challenge and overpower the X-Men. It is the responsibility of the X-Men to prevent this overpowering. I have put my best X-Men forward to defend all good mutants and humanity. However, I will not be assisting the X-Men in their challenges... for I am in a wheelchair. If the X-Men are defeated, Magneto is steps closer to accomplishing a mutant majority and dominating the entire human race.

Quick Guide to Mafia

During the day, everyone can post whatever accusations they like. Players are encouraged to talk mostly on the Board during the Day phase. Mafia members and other factions are able to talk outside the thread during the night phase. Voting is generally done in format "Vote: Player's Name" to make it easier for the Moderator to keep count. Once a vote reaches a majority, the player voted for is lynched and the moderator reveals that player's role. A faction wins when they are the total and only majority, or an Independent is the last man standing.

Role Definitions for Noobs

Cop: has the ability to investigate players at Night to learn their alliance and/or hints to their roles.
Doctor: Can protect a player once per Night, though there may be a chance of accidentally killing the player. Cannot protect the same player or themselves two nights in a row. Cannot kill themselves.
Tracker: Able to track a player once per night to learn who, if anybody, that player targeted the same night, but not the action the player performed. Cannot track the same player two nights in a row.
Mole: Upon investigation will appear as a Townie.
Bodyguard: Can target a player at Night to protect them. However, if the protected player is supposed to be killed, the Bodyguard is killed instead.
Family: Similar to the Lover roles, the players are linked to each other. However, heart break is not an active factor.
Reflexive: A role that is not actively used, but instead passively triggers upon some condition.
Restless Spirit: A player who is allowed to Vote once after death.
Roleblocker: Chooses one player per Night to block from performing his or her night action. Cannot roleblock the same player for consecutive nights.
Follower: Able to target a player at Night and learn what form of action they took that Night, if any, but not who they targeted.
Serial Killer: Player whose goal is to be the last player alive. They have a factional Night kill like the Mafia.

Mafia

[Image: snje5e.jpg] [Image: 20fpcah.jpg]

Chas - Magneto: A powerful mutant who rivals against Professor Xavier, Magneto aspires to dominate the human race with mutants being superior.
- Has a factional nightly kill.
- Also know as Godfather; if he is killed, Quicksilver will take over.
- Night kill Immune.

DeepThought - Quicksilver: A mutant capable of running at the speed of sound, resisting effects of friction. He is the son of Magneto.
-Able to track a player once per night to learn who, if anybody, that player targeted the same night, but not the action the player performed. Cannot track the same player two nights in a row.
- If Magneto dies, Quicksilver takes over as head of the Mafia.

Lightvader - Copycat: A powerful shapeshifter able to duplicate both DNA and mutation of a person. Her heart was broken by the rugged Wade Wilson. She set out for revenge and eventually joined Magneto's undercover organization.
- Upon investigation, she will appear as a townie.

Atothetheist - Deadpool: The merc with a mouth has a knack for inventions, a healing factor granted by the DNA of Wolverine, and a rough past with the ladies.
- ???

Townies

[Image: k2bc60.jpg] [Image: 2eqe2o4.jpg] [Image: 11ty3b8.jpg]

KidCharlemagne1962 - Wolverine: A martial arts skilled berserk, he was he was brutally experimented on until he rebelled and escaped. Later he was recruited into the X-men. He is a reliable ally.
- Works as a bodyguard, as he can target a player to protect at night. However, if that player is attacked during the night, the bodyguard is killed instead (cannot protect the same person two nights in a row)
- If multiple people try to kill the body guard's target, both the body guard and target will be killed

Tartarus Sauce - Rogue: The sweet southern belle of the X-Men, she possesses the ability to absorb knowledge, power, or even life of another by skin contact.
- Can investigate once per night to learn alliances; If Rogue chooses to investigate the same player a second time, she'll be able to learn more of their powers and clues to their character
- One-shot night kill immune

Dark Light - Cyclops: He emits laser beams from his eyes called optic blasts. Cyclops shows high accuracy but has poor control over his power.
- 75% chance to protect night targeted player (cannot protect himself or the same player two nights in a row)
- 25% chance to accidentally kill night targeted player due to poor control

ridethespiral - Siryn: Possesses a deadly sonic scream, as well as a former relationship with soft Wade Wilson. She is the daughter of Banshee.
- Knows who Banshee is
- If Banshee is killed at night, Siryn gains a One-shot Vigilante ability
- If she is lynched during the day, she becomes a restless spirit who is allowed to vote once more the following day

Grassy Knoll - Banshee: Father of Siryn, possesses a sonic scream limited to that of his daughters and reflexive psionic powers.
- Knows who Siryn his
- If Siryn is killed at night, Banshee gains a One-shot Vigilante ability
- If he is lynched during the day, he becomes a restless spirit who is allowed to vote once more the following day

Free Thought - Nightcrawler: Possesses superhuman agility and teleportation.
- Has a 50% chance to avoid night kills

Hughsie - Cable: A mutant mercenary with the ability to travel to and from the future; His body is also made up of techno-organic mechanical parts that enhance durability and strength.
- Can roleblock once per night (cannot roleblock himself)

Momsurroundedbyboys - Psylocke: She was nominated by Wolverine to join the X-Men after she protected the injured when Juggernaut attacked Xavier's mansion; Psylocke possesses both telepathy and the telekinesis of Jean Grey.

LadyJane - Domino: Best known as a member of X-Force, Domino was a government weapon test subject, and later a mercenary. Now she is a teammate to Cable.

Independent

[Image: mt41lw.jpg]

Revenant77x - Sabretooth: Mutant possessing beast like abilities and enemy to his brother Wolverine, Sabretooth is a vicious assassin responsible for numerous deaths.
- The serial killer has a factional one kill per every other night.
- Given One-Shot night kill immune.

If more players want to join, I have extra Townie roles I can add.

Colored Players Are Playing

Hughsie - TOWNIE - CABLE
Revenant77x - INDEPENDENT - SABRETOOTH
Atothetheist - MAFIA - DEADPOOL
ridethespiral - TOWNIE - SIRYN
Dark Light - TOWNIE - CYCLOPS
Lightvader - MAFIA - COPYCAT
Tartarus Sauce - TOWNIE - ROGUE
DeepThought - MAFIA - QUICKSILVER
KidCharlemagne1962 - TOWNIE - WOLVERINE
Chas - MAFIA - MAGNETO
Grassy Knoll - TOWNIE - BANSHEE
Momsurroundedbyboys - TOWNIE - PSYLOCKE
LadyJane - TOWNIE - DOMINO
FreeThought - TOWNIE - NIGHTCRAWLER

There are rules!

1. No print screening of any form of Instant Messaging or PM's sent/received by mod or between players is allowed. No copypasta of a moderator's message. Ya' gotta take someone's word for it.
2. I realize that people have jobs, school, and lives; however, 24 hour long phases take away from the investigative factor the game holds. For example, after Day/Night phase 1, everyone has roles figured out, and this deludes the fun mystery nature of the game. I've made it so that phases last 15 hours- enough for people on one side of the world to work, and people on the other side of the world to sleep. If there is a small problem with the hour schedule, private message me and we will come about something that works for you. If there is a significant problem *meaning you can hardly manage to view the form but for a small portion of time a day* you do not need to be playing this game.
3. You cannot publicly admit your role until the third day phase. Privately is on your own accord. This game is supposed to be about not knowing who you can trust and having all alliances being tentative and cautious.
4. Mafia related Skype calls are allowed but I strongly encourage players to communicate mostly on the Board. I really want to see players using the Board more often than any other forms of communication (Stevie's Simpson's game and earlier Mafia games are great examples of this.) Skype is also a disadvantage to players who cannot use Skype, so please keep its use to a minimum. If the Board isn't being used, I will revoke Mafia related Skype calls.
5. Regular Dead players can contribute Board Banter, but are not allowed to contribute information or accusations after they have died. You are dead.
6. You are allowed to talk during the Night Phase.
7. If you do not submit your night phase, you don't submit a night phase. Cry about it. That's what happens when we have to wait on you.

If you do not understand anything about the game or if you have questions about your roles, feel free to PM me. I'll be glad to help out.

I EMBRACE LOOPHOLES. If you find any, PM me about them and I will let you know if I allow them!

These rules are being enforced right now. These rules are not unfair or difficult to abide by. We have seen them experimented with, allowed, and even broken in previous game. These rules make the game interesting and different from other games, and enforcing them early will allow us to enjoy a tentative, mysterious and fun game. To all, enjoy!

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: Mafia XII - Marvel's X-Men
I'm in. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
19-08-2013, 08:18 PM
In what way is this a 'forum team matter'? Unsure

Edit: As you've just changed it, just ignore that.
19-08-2013, 08:20 PM
(19-08-2013 08:18 PM)aurora Wrote:  In what way is this a 'forum team matter'? Unsure

She put it in there to see how it looked and to do her final tweaks before moving it to a public section.

........ and it meant she could explain it all to me because I'm semi-retarded. Big Grin

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
19-08-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: Forum Mafia Game XII - Marvel's X-Men
I'm in.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-08-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm up for it.

Fuck you Hughsie Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
19-08-2013, 08:36 PM
RTS is IN.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm just playing because there is a slim chance I might be Nightcrawler. Count me in, I guess.

19-08-2013, 08:39 PM
(19-08-2013 08:33 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I'm up for it.

Fuck you Hughsie Tongue

Still butthurt I take it Stevie? Big Grin

Best
Worst
19-08-2013, 08:41 PM
(19-08-2013 08:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(19-08-2013 08:33 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I'm up for it.

Fuck you Hughsie Tongue

Still butthurt I take it Stevie? Big Grin

Don't feel bad steven, Hughsie didn't play your game simply because he wasn't smart enough to figure it out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense