Forum Mafia Game XII - Marvel's X-Men

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
23-08-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: Forum Mafia Game XII - Marvel's X-Men
(23-08-2013 11:06 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Yup, im sorry about that. I trusted Hughsie.. I thought he was trying to make the game more interesting than a simple mafia steamroll. He claimed that he wanted a closer game.

I regret that now. If I hadn't trusted hughsie we might have gotten a couple more kills.
This is a game of trust and betrayal. Shit happens.

Hughsie, if this was his intention played me quite well.

Am I really on my own here? Did anyone really see potential for a mafia victory. To me it just seems to cou t on too much stupidity to be possible. Eg.. lj gets lynched, people fiqure out ato was lying... hughsie gets killed people find out light was lying...
I honestly don't see a way around that.

Then the serial killer didnt play to win either. Rev was in a position to play his role well and throw townies and mafia against each other. What was that kingmaker crap?

I honestly did what I to try and keep the game going and keep it interesting. I didn't expect hughsie to fuck me over like that. Well played.

Ferdie, you actually did pretty good for your first game other than that one mistake revealing the username. Im sorry, that sarcasm wasn't directed at you.

I thought you were committing the kill yourself. When it didn't happen I assumed you had betrayed me. With A2 then also putting the pressure on I was on my own so I pitched for a townie victory.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2013, 11:15 PM
So now that the game is over, I feel to express some of the things I encountered throughout moderating this game. Everyone knows each others' roles, there's no need to waste time rolling through the motions to lynch Mafia one by one.

When I first confronted some of the negative aspects of moderating, it made me question if I even wanted to run anymore games. I decided that I will, but it may not be anytime soon.

Firstly, it bothers me that I get criticized for how I narrate my game, which isn't much different from other Mafia games that have been played here. I can deal with the criticism. I realize I could have worded my narrative differently, I could have worded it completely anonymously. But if I were to have used the role name (In which case Revenant was Sabretooth) the Mafia would have known their target's role. But even how I did narrate, it didn't make much of a difference in the game. My slightly different narration contained a small detail that barely even affected the game, yet I still received complaints. Though it bothered me, I could handle it and didn't mind.

However, THIS is where I began to feel bothered. I thought it was clear that phases lasted 15 hours until the actions to end those phases were completed. A day phase ends before the mark if a majority vote is reached, as does a night phase when all night actions have been sent in. When a phase goes on for 10 hours and ends before a player can justify themselves, I do NOT take well to mean PM's. You knew the rules, you've played a few games and you aren't necessarily a noob. You knew that if actions or votes were taken care of, a phase could end more quickly. I do not take kindly to a "Fuck you" message because I did not do anything wrong.

Also, there are rules for every game. They're in every game introduction post, and they're bolded. Read them. Breaking those rules is completely uncalled for and unnecessary. Yes, I understand people make mistakes and slip sometimes. I slipped and copypasta'd a mod message from Dark Light in his Futurama game. I'm well aware people make mistakes. But when something is often repeated, and it's enforced in bold in the introduction section, and you aren't necessarily new at the game, I don't think you have a reason to break rules, especially the major ones. But again, people make mistakes. I don't mind. I won't dwell too harshly on it.

I'm a 17 year old with the health issues of a little grandma. I've missed my entire first week of school due to having a swollen throat and terrible respiratory infection, and at the same time, I worked so hard and focused a lot on this game. I started on this game right after Sesame Street ended, and around the time Futurama started. I went over it with several forum members to hear their opinions and to use their suggestions to better my game. In my opinion, this was a really good game; it had good roles and a nice set up. It wasn't perfect, and there were a couple of things I could have tweaked more, but in the end it was actually a really good game. But when I get people complaining about things that aren't even that big of a deal, or being mean to me, it makes other players not want to play the game anymore, and that's my final straw. At that point, I don't even want to moderate the game anymore. I understand how Dark felt about people shitting on his game, or people telling Stevie his game was too complicated. We put a lot into what we created, and it sucks to have people screw it up and make us feel like crap. So thanks.

However, the majority of players turned the tables, and made this game very enjoyable (in the end) for me to moderate and observe. There were lots of betrayals, deceit, and tentative alliances, and these things are what make the Mafia games interesting in my opinion. I want to thank everyone for playing and participating! It's been a good game. Blush
[+] 7 users Like Ferdinand's post
23-08-2013, 11:20 PM
(23-08-2013 11:06 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Ferdie, you actually did pretty good for your first game other than that one mistake revealing the username. Im sorry, that sarcasm wasn't directed at you.

Thank you Deep! And I apologize, I misunderstood the sarcasm.
23-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Ferdie Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-08-2013, 11:24 PM
One last post, I don't want anyone thinking that Hughsie necessarily ruined the rest of the game by spilling the beans. This was his first Mafia game and he actually played very well for this being his first time. Lightvader hasn't played many games either, and he played tremendously well also.

But again, there was no need to waste everyone's time rolling through the motions to lynch Mafia one by one. Everyone knew everyone else's roles. It was almost a guaranteed Townie victory; a couple more townies would have died throughout the night phases, but in the end, the Townies still would have had the majority vote. That's game, and though I'm disappointed it ended short, I'm happy it had so many twists. Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
23-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Ferdy,see the criticism as constructive(about the use of the names instead of roles,not about insulting pms)
it was a good game,and i hope you host another one
Hug

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
23-08-2013, 11:25 PM
I enjoyed it, Ferdy. I really liked it. The theme was badass, and as was my character.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
23-08-2013, 11:31 PM
You got a 'Fuck you' over how you hosted? Wow! Not cool at all, it's a game. Geez people.
[+] 6 users Like LadyJane's post
23-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Ferdie you did good. Everyone played well.

Having a universally known non mafia going into day 2 (Rev) was the perfect setup for townie victory. It was a matter of deduction narrative or not. It was a short game because of the dice not anything you did.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
23-08-2013, 11:34 PM
(23-08-2013 10:55 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  LJ,what did ya think of me before hughsie dropped the intel?

You never came up on my radar, you felt neutral so far.

(23-08-2013 11:07 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Well, I enjoyed myself in my first mafia game. Dunno if I'll play again though, to many people getting butthurt over a game and bitching, it kinda wears you down.

I thought it was a good game though. Smile

You played really well until you spilled the beans. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post