Forum Mafia Game XII - Marvel's X-Men

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Forum Mafia Game XII - Marvel's X-Men
I knew something was up with Ato and Hughsie trying to lynch Rev. Looks like my suspicions were right. Good game, and good job moderating Ferdie, just wish it could have lasted longer.

And for the record Steven, I was going to investigate you the next night.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Ferdy - You did a great job. Thanks for all the work you put into it and I'll definitely play in your next game. This game made me want to keep playing!

Hughsie - Great game mate!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
24-08-2013, 08:06 AM
(24-08-2013 07:43 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I knew something was up with Ato and Hughsie trying to lynch Rev. Looks like my suspicions were right. Good game, and good job moderating Ferdie, just wish it could have lasted longer.

Damn dude, I did consider asking you to investigate Stevie last night but I didn't think you'd trust me after Revs.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
24-08-2013, 10:03 AM
(24-08-2013 08:06 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 07:43 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I knew something was up with Ato and Hughsie trying to lynch Rev. Looks like my suspicions were right. Good game, and good job moderating Ferdie, just wish it could have lasted longer.

Damn dude, I did consider asking you to investigate Stevie last night but I didn't think you'd trust me after Revs.

So you guys are so lucky Ferdi made the weird ruling that my night kills started night 2 my first turned in action was to kill A2.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-08-2013, 10:35 AM

And i was going to.. Who am I fooling? I wasn't going to do shit, cause I couldn't...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Ah well, best laid plans and all that shit.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-08-2013, 04:37 PM
(24-08-2013 05:01 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 12:05 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Imagine if I had sent myself or light to do the kill. The game would have gotten interesting since wolverine would be dead and I would publicly claim that I had tried to kill lightvader... since I was going to be lynched next.

I made the decision to kill Hughsie after he tried to control my actions via blackmail. Basically boiled down to "kill Ato or I come out publicly." Which made my choice clear.

Killing wolverine who was guarding hughsie would have cast suspicion of hughsie. It would have been an excellent outcome. It's a shame really, but a little luck is involved...

Damn Deep, you did betray me. Did you really think I woulda given you an ultimatum without an insurance policy? Big Grin

I wanted A2 dead because you had let slip a mafia member really wanted to target KidC. I didn't think it was you or LV so I figured A2 was trying to expose me. I needed him gone. Had that happened then my plan was for you to be lynched the next day (I didn't want it to happen, I just couldn't figure out a way of stopping it) leaving LV as the only mafia remaining. I was then gonna form a three way alliance between me, LV, and KidC and aim to pick off the others until it was just the three of us left. Once it was just us three I would have KidC killed. LV woulda been under the impression that I was gonna leave him to kill me and claim a victory. Actually I was gonna betray him at the last, lynch him, and claim a sole victory for myself. I had been thinking about a mafia win at one point but a very close run game worked for me as well and I couldn't resist aiming for a sole win for my first game.

Sorry if anyone feels I didn't play the game in the right way. This was my first game and I had no idea of what was and wasn't acceptable other than what was written in the rules. I'm new to all this. The way I'm feeling though I doubt I'll play another game, even though I really enjoyed this one.

The problem I saw with this and all plans is it requires killing 5 townies all while kidc, hughsie, and lj remain untouched. Not really plausible given everyone knew everyones roles.

All that was left was killing or eliminating the inconsistencies. 5 townies are not going to sit idly by and watch that happen.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
24-08-2013, 04:46 PM
(24-08-2013 04:37 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The problem I saw with this and all plans is it requires killing 5 townies all while kidc, hughsie, and lj remain untouched. Not really plausible given everyone knew everyones roles.

All that was left was killing or eliminating the inconsistencies. 5 townies are not going to sit idly by and watch that happen.

The townies that were left were the ones on the fringes of the alliance that didn't know each others roles as far as I'm aware. Several of whom trusted me and LV. It woulda stood a chance of working. Probably the only real chance the mafia had at that point.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
24-08-2013, 04:50 PM
(24-08-2013 04:46 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 04:37 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The problem I saw with this and all plans is it requires killing 5 townies all while kidc, hughsie, and lj remain untouched. Not really plausible given everyone knew everyones roles.

The townies that were left were the ones on the fringes of the alliance that didn't know each others roles as far as I'm aware. Several of whom trusted me and LV. It woulda stood a chance of working. Probably the only real chance the mafia had at that point.

You forget to factor in how much sway tarty has also with the night kill immunity he is like 2 townies, also once townies start getting lynched people will stop listening to you real quick.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
24-08-2013, 04:59 PM
(24-08-2013 04:50 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  You forget to factor in how much sway tarty has also with the night kill immunity he is like 2 townies, also once townies start getting lynched people will stop listening to you real quick.

I wasn't gonna suggest lynches myself. I was gonna leave that to other people and gently push it in the right direction. I was planning on taking a back seat and allowing the other townies to start throwing accusations at each other. That was the plan anyway, it may have worked, it may not.

I was gonna go for Tartarus for two of the next three night kills and get him to investigate me in between, twice. Woulda proved I wasn't mafia and hopefully placed me above suspicion. Then I'd have had LV kill him.

Best
Worst